[Open Assets] Dimensional (s_dimensional_b05) - Beta 5 Released

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes like small, basic levels like this as opposed to huge honking ones. It's refreshing. I especially liked the shooting hazards in the background. You done good here Simsmagic.

The only thing that bugged me, though, is the bottomless pit near the end. Seeing as how the level's supposed to be easy, this kind of goes against its spirit. Maybe you could make the player backtrack instead?

I enjoyed it. I was kinda disappointing that the level was built rather exclusively for Sonic though, because Tails and Knux don't really have anything special here.

I really liked this level. It had that refreshing feel of a level that wasn't trying too hard to be great or unique. The music was especially well chosen. Hopefully, you'll finish the second act soon. Great job.

I liked the improvements that you made to this stage. The length of the level was also very good for a first stage. I also liked where you put the monitors.

However, I felt that it was a little too linear. Try to have multiple paths in the level. It adds replay value. Also, the Snailer at the beginning hit me with his laser, but I didn't lose any rings.

As for the boss music, I would say the Snowman boss.

I loved the Snowman Robot theme when I used to rent the game. I'm not sure how well it would fit with the level, but if you can make it work, then I'd like to see it done.

Beta 4 Released

Change log:
Act 2 Released

2q23k8i.png

Links in first post, SendSpace links coming soon.

The second act was as good as the first and likewise, just as linear. This level (both acts, of course) could benefit from multiple paths. Other than that, the second act still flows nicely and feels great. Nice update.

It's not named after the water though, it's specifically named after a place in Florida called Zephyrhills. It just so happens to have the same name as the water.

Nevermind. *Downloads*

EDIT AFTER PLAYING WAD: The 3D areas need more open space, like in the large open area towards the end of GFZ2. Try not using tougher enemies in a first zoneish zone like this, stick to buzzes, crawlas, and mabye pop up turrets. Try to keep a limit of 2 - 4 different enemies in a zone, it seems wierd seeing two egg gaurds in a level and then never seeing them again.

Nice work though. =D

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT AFTER PLAYING WAD: The 3D areas need more open space, like in the large open area towards the end of GFZ2. Try not using tougher enemies in a first zoneish zone like this, stick to buzzes, crawlas, and mabye pop up turrets. Try to keep a limit of 2 - 4 different enemies in a zone, it seems wierd seeing two egg gaurds in a level and then never seeing them again.
I agree with the 2-4 enemies thing, but I don't think you should stick to GFZ and THZ enemies. You did a good job with the Robo-Hood and Vultures, so I'd recommend keeping them.

Hey, not a bad level.

My only concern is that "water room"... A bubble spot would be a good idea there.

4/5

Sendspace Mirrors
s_zephryhills_b04.wad
s_zephyrhills_b04_nomusic.wad
Typo. Anyway the teaser vid for TCZ looks pretty cool, I liked the elevators but the sewer's 2d part lacks in scenery. I hope it's as good as it looks. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back