Demo Quest Zone

Demo Quest Zone v1.0c

lnferno

Blazing Creator
The Real Inferno submitted a new resource:

Demo Quest Zone - Not for those faint of heart.

Pushing SRB2 to it's very limits, Demo Quest Zone ensures a uniquely torturous experience for all that play it.

View attachment 49624

Originally started because a member of the SRB2 Official Server, FrostedGeulleisia, tried and failed to cram all of Beta Quest into a singular map, this has expanded to be a test of how far SRB2's maps can go into size, incorporating every non-boss level of Beta Quest into a singular map, stretching just how...

Read more about this resource...

"Living through the absolute hell that is every aspect of the past in one last fading memory, a mind twisting labyrinth of deceit and adventure long gone unfolds before you. It never seems to end, with every passing memory stronger and stronger as terminal lucidity takes over your unfortunate soul. Are you going to make it out alive? Are you even alive anymore?"

Having all zones together in one level made me think of the Void from the Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+, and thematically it feels pretty damned accurate too. It was hard as balls at times and confusing (not a fan of the maze-like levels) but it still gave me these weird chills seeing every level together like this in one place as if it was some kind of recollected memory or a nightmare that you can't get out of. It might just be my weird horror fixation but I feel like something this could easily double as psychological horror lmao (especially with the music off)

Heres something related

Is interesting how you can put the entire early campaign in just one Zone of course except the bosses, this shows how much Sonic Robo Blast 2 has done in terms of extensive maps, this is even more impressive than Final Demo Zone in my opinion

Last edited:
I just played it and I gotta say, it stays true to the original source, but I found a issue in GFZ1 with this random flower ascending into the heavens.
srb20003.png

I'm not sure whats going on here, but here's something to fix with the next update probably.
(I also imagining this as that one meme, I'm serious)

Slight issue, but the object shadow height appears to ignore where the ground is. Really noticeable with rings.

View attachment 53855
This is actually a side effect of how objects were made to float in early versions of SRB2: The level geometry is higher and then lowered on level load whilst leaving the object floating.

Having actually accurate maps came with this, but, eh, accuracy sorta went out the window already.

This is actually a side effect of how objects were made to float in early versions of SRB2: The level geometry is higher and then lowered on level load whilst leaving the object floating.

Having actually accurate maps came with this, but, eh, accuracy sorta went out the window already.
Yeah, I figured as much. No worries, I just typed shadow off in the console and solved all my issues.

So it's 2.2.10 now and I've decided to play some of this because I was kinda bored, but when it loaded, it only took me to 2.2 GFZ1. I don't know why, and it worked perfectly fine before I updated it.

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 90
So it's 2.2.10 now and I've decided to play some of this because I was kinda bored, but when it loaded, it only took me to 2.2 GFZ1. I don't know why, and it worked perfectly fine before I updated it.
Looks like for some reason it's loading the GFZ1 map data over the map data included in the mod whilst having the right map slot.
Unsure the cause, try redownloading and see if it's consistent.

I just downloaded this and got the same issue myself.

I can't identify the cause either, nor can I get it working properly.

Last edited:
Looks like for some reason it's loading the GFZ1 map data over the map data included in the mod whilst having the right map slot.
Unsure the cause, try redownloading and see if it's consistent.
Same result. I don't understand why it's doing this at all.- :dramahog:

I tried this and it works. I didn't notice at first because the level uses modern decorative things.
srb20011.gif
Thank you both for the tip. When or if this mod does get updated to include this, I want the midi versions of tracks added as an option for the level.

Alright, I don't know if you would mind the fact that I made a few fixes to this, but I added some midi support and replaced the detons with tgf variants to make it a bit more accurate. Would you like it if I sent it to you?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back