• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Cosmic Chars wip thread

Cosmic Emerald

A person who has interest in srb2 addons
this is a side project im working on, which i will do many of so that i can get better at lua and spriting
this character will consist of a momentum based homing thok, a drop dash, ledge clinging, dash mode, a crouch, spindash/roll, a dash, a stomp, and compatibility for battle and xmomentum, i've made some sprites already and have the dropdash, crouch, spindash/roll, dash, and stomp lua done.

here is the sprites! (keep in mind that this is a sonic that is based off the animated stuff like the cd opening, ova, and heese's animations, but is it's own universe or something) i will eventually make a demo for the character when i have the pain, death(normal and water), walk, stand, wait, run, dash, roll, css, continue(small), sign, life box icon, and the fire works. (alot i know)
stnda1CS v1.png
stnda5CS v1.pnglifeiconcs.png

Last edited:
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh I can't wait until this gets released!
The sprites' spikes and stance reminds me of a modern+toei merge!
I wish you the best of luck in this beauty's development!

Not sure if you know but, Junio's backspikes act the same as Classic Sonic's backspikes when viewing them from behind, it's also Tyson Hesse, not heese. Goodluck on dev though.

Not sure if you know but, Junio's backspikes act the same as Classic Sonic's backspikes when viewing them from behind, it's also Tyson Hesse, not heese. Goodluck on dev though.
ah, i didn't know about the heese part, but the junio part, eh i like how it looks.

also
stnda1st v1.png
lifeiconst.png
(ill make a knuckles when i know what i want the design looks like)
tails will be with the sonic mod, and so will knuckles
Post automatically merged:

and yes, it works. i forgot to say i have done the css and it looks great
srb20166.png

Last edited:
update: i've made 2 skincolors and 5 new sprites (all 5 being cosmic sonic's sprites, but 2 of the 5 being remakes)
neverblue and aerospace are the names for the skincolors
srb20178.png
srb20180.png
here are the 5 sprites i made

SIGNA0CS V1.png
stnda1CS v2.png
run_A5C5CS v1.png
run_B5D5CS v1.png
lifeiconcs2.png

ill make a demo when i do at least: cosmic sonic's other rotations for the stand sprites, walk sprites, the xmomentum trick fail, the front angle for run sprites, and the wait sprites.

Attachments

• SIGNA0CS V1.png
    SIGNA0CS V1.png
    3 KB · Views: 116
i decided to make a pre-release, it is the file i am using in development
sonic has all his abilities, but he has a new css, a walk cycle for the front, and the revamped back sprite, a doublejump like thok (more of a thok faster you go)
tails doesn't have anything different, he has a jspin thok, and that's it.
knuckles only has edited skin flags compared to normal knuckles.
you do not have permission to use this on a server btw. (also yes, you can give suggestions for knux design, ability ideas for tails and knux, and gameplay tweaks)

before you say anything
re-used list:
junio sonic for splash sprites and code
sonic area:
chrispy chars for the dust ring sprites/code and crouch sprites
xmomentum for [uncurl] ->(everyone) and dash effect sprites/ code
double jump and dropdash for the dropdash code /sprites and sfx
paper peel out for dashmode

Attachments

• CL_CosmicChars-V1.pk3
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,010
Last edited:
Hmmmm

BRUH
:blink:

Maybe i can get all sprite for cosmic sonic

Attachments

• XTRAB0.png
    XTRAB0.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Hmmmm

BRUH
:blink:

Maybe i can get all sprite for cosmic sonic
are you asking if you can have the cosmic sonic sprites? (if so, it's a no, what kinda question is that?)

How did you get css character select because if I do that it doesn't work it will not appear.

go get help on the srb2 discord server, i am not good at explaining

The only suggestion I have is to rename it to CosmicEmeraldChars/CEChars because I'm working on my own character pack called CosmicChars.

The only suggestion I have is to rename it to CosmicEmeraldChars/CEChars because I'm working on my own character pack called CosmicChars.
i want to keep it but at first it will be called Cosmic Sonic, so i could try to find a new name for when it is a pack, as of now i only intend to keep it as cosmic chars, sorry

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back