Classic Specials

Classic Specials v1

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
antonretrojr submitted a new resource:

Classic Specials - What's that over the Star Post?

Ever wanted to bring back your memories of playing Sonic games on the Genesis?
Ever wondered if there would ever be classic Special Stages without the use of Many Minor Tweaks? Shoutout to that btw, it was the inspiration
Ever felt like you wanted to try entering Special Stages in a new way?

If you've answered yes to either of these questions, this add-on is for you.
This little script adds a couple ways of entering a Special Stage, inspired by the classics.

Read more about this resource...

A crash can occur if you happen to die on your last life upon touching a Token, if using Sonic 3 Style. Might also happen with the other styles though I haven't tried those yet.
srb20026.gif
You can die after touching a Token from stuff like drowning, or space countdown. Should you have any lives, you'll respawn from the last checkpoint and then warp to the Special Stage, exiting the special stage will put you back onto the last floor that you stood on, which in the above image's case... just outside the gravity flip space countdown area. However...

srb20027.gif
...should you have one life left and this occurs... you'll enter the special stage normally but... after you clear/fail it... there will be a ? Block on the results screen... and then the game crashes.

everything but sonic cd's special stages work, if it helps im using uncapped but the sparkles never show up.
Post automatically merged:

and now that i tested it on the base exe, it just shows a process killed by signal error.

so it turns out when i type csp_enable soniccd it just goes to sonic 1?

so i just read more in and for some reason you set SONIC CD. TO SONIC 1. that makes half sense. on one side sonic cd uses time travel which is for 4 but it also has a big ring.

(speaking of big rings, special minigames has a big ring graphic from chaotix, perhaps ask to use it?)

Last edited:
so i just read more in and for some reason you set SONIC CD. TO SONIC 1. that makes half sense. on one side sonic cd uses time travel which is for 4 but it also has a big ring.
Well, I based the setting names off of the games the special stage access methods occur in, not the gimmick. Time travel to access a Special Stage wasn't in CD, but the Giant Ring At The End method was.
Apologies for the really late reply...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back