• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ChrispyPack (SonicCE is done!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job, 9/10. The only things i didn't really like were how when he's super, he just starts off floating. And how he has his leg bent back also looks a little bit odd from an angled view. And I have an idea. the way his spike look when he's falling , look just like the way super sonics spikes look in the new sonic games. To cut to the chase, i think that they would be pretty sweet on super sonic. just an idea though. But any way good work.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Chrispy, it's a bit hard to see his name KNUCKLES in there. Add a thin white outline so it looks even cooler.
Or maybe a green or yellow outline to better fit Knux. I'll try both and see how they look.
Edit: White looked the best
eq8j7k.png

EDIT2: Got the front walking frames redone, I'm trying to give him a different feel from Sonic, what do you guys think? He'll move up and down in-game, I was just too lazy to add that in the gif.
16hiwyc.gif

The animation looks good. Hope Knuckles turns out well. :D
Yeah, movving up and down would be good.

Ice said:
That's why it's his walking frames.

Oh, no, no, no. You misinterpreted me. When I said that, I mean that his arms don't move. He just keeps them straight out. (Don't ask me why anyone would run like that, it slows you down majorly)

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Ice said:
That's why it's his walking frames.

Oh, no, no, no. You misinterpreted me. When I said that, I mean that his arms don't move. He just keeps them straight out. (Don't ask me why anyone would run like that, it slows you down majorly)

That's only in Sonic Battle, if I recall.

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Usually when he runs, don't his fists stay out to the side? And what do you mean he'll move up and down?
Are you talking about like Heroes or Sonic Battle? Cuz Sonic Battle walk frames are ugly and in Heroes there's a short period of time where his arms move before they hang back.

I don't think I can fit the hat on fire thing anywhere in the wad. I already have a bored animation, though. I'd use it as a super form placeholder if it wasn't for the ability.

Chrispy said:
I don't think I can fit the hat on fire thing anywhere in the wad.
I'm reminded of Sonic with the Superman Cape. Except it should be with Knuckles and with a hat.
A_SpawnObjectRelative, A_CapeChase

There's a possibility.
EDIT: I got the "cape" sprites done. I used the cowboy hat from my old hatpack
2lo296w.png
2qwpmkz.png

You could problably made 2 versions of Knuckles: 1 normal version, and 1 version with the hat, but of course, it's your choice...

Brown the dog said:
You could problably made 2 versions of Knuckles: 1 normal version, and 1 version with the hat, but of course, it's your choice...
I was about to say that I'd take on the OVA Knuckles.

Looking fantastic, Chrispy. But did we ever doubt you?

I like your animation of the characters better than SSNTails' honestly. Yours look more like cleaner versions onf the Clasic Sonic game sprites and the animation is really fluid. I was impressed to see that you made Knuckles' dreads wave as his arms move back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back