• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Charmy Bee

ZackNAttack

I have everything except the sprites (since I can't sprite (though I have a signpost sprite by my sister)).

Can fly for 16 seconds and flies faster than others but can't spindash. Can land on enemies or floors to damage or break them, respectively. Can walk through spindash gaps. Upon contact with water, his wings get wet, taking 30 seconds to dry. If in the rain, dry wings get lightly wet (immediately dries when exiting the rain) and wet wings don't dry. Shields with a fire part dry wings, shields with a water part prevent getting wet. Buzzes when running or flying, 1st person doesn't bob, can fly in the air at any time.

Attachments

• charmy.pk3
    340.5 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Pros: Name and Bio checks out
Cons: Supposed to have wings, annoying buzzing on footsteps, spinless jump, wings not supposed to freeze underwater, a not-so-bold mechanic, and also.... hehehehee, Tails recolor go brrrrrr

Pros: Name and Bio checks out
Cons: Supposed to have wings, annoying buzzing on footsteps, spinless jump, wings not supposed to freeze underwater, a not-so-bold mechanic, and also.... hehehehee, Tails recolor go brrrrrr
I find this hard for the Cons to be helpful, everything but 1 you just listed are actually suppose to be like that or just makes no scene. Note this is clearly Work In Progress, so yes he won't have wings or actual sprites. It was also listed that he didn't even start on any but one.

Anyways,

This is actually a good WIP @ZackNAttack ! A lot of progress on the lua was made.

The speed a really great for Charmy. It was really smart of you to make him just fit through gaps like Flicky too! It looks funny also because the placeholder sprite are it's normal size so his head just does through it. Though while his flying shouldn't ascend that fast, it still works good because you have to hold it instead of mashing the jump button. And when he gets wet, 30 seconds is a bit too long. While you should keep it, maybe decrease it to like 10-15 seconds instead. And a last thing I would also like changed is his walking sfx. when he runs I like how he plays the Buzz sfx. But for walking also makes it a bit annoying now. Maybe replace it or remove it please?

I find this hard for the Cons to be helpful, everything but 1 you just listed are actually suppose to be like that or just makes no scene. Note this is clearly Work In Progress, so yes he won't have wings or actual sprites. It was also listed that he didn't even start on any but one.

Anyways,

This is actually a good WIP @ZackNAttack ! A lot of progress on the lua was made.

The speed a really great for Charmy. It was really smart of you to make him just fit through gaps like Flicky too! It looks funny also because the placeholder sprite are it's normal size so his head just does through it. Though while his flying shouldn't ascend that fast, it still works good because you have to hold it instead of mashing the jump button. And when he gets wet, 30 seconds is a bit too long. While you should keep it, maybe decrease it to like 10-15 seconds instead. And a last thing I would also like changed is his walking sfx. when he runs I like how he plays the Buzz sfx. But for walking also makes it a bit annoying now. Maybe replace it or remove it please?
Took thy suggestions; dries for 16 seconds (to match with his max flight time), removed the walk sfx, decreased vertical flight speed by 25%.

Attachments

• charmy.pk3
    340.5 KB · Views: 218
You uh, gonna actually upload any gifs or screens? Also, you REALLY should be following filename conventions, especially becuase its impossible to know what version this mod is at a glance.

I have everything except the sprites (since I can't sprite (though I have a signpost sprite by my sister)).

Can fly for 16 seconds and flies faster than others but can't spindash. Can land on enemies or floors to damage or break them, respectively. Can walk through spindash gaps. Upon contact with water, his wings get wet, taking 30 seconds to dry. If in the rain, dry wings get lightly wet (immediately dries when exiting the rain) and wet wings don't dry. Shields with a fire part dry wings, shields with a water part prevent getting wet. Buzzes when running or flying, 1st person doesn't bob, can fly in the air at any time.
cool mod! I was actually making a charmy sprite out of boredom. So here!
charmya1.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back