• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ChaosWorld

Status
Not open for further replies.
*doublepost*
new shots of Green Land Zone 1 in revamped form!
srb200012cn.png

srb200026aw.png

Just to let you guys know: I've started up an IRC channel for discussion about this and all my other projects, but I'll still post screenies here, but you can go to the channel to beta-test :).

Sorry I haven't been putting progress lately, due to that stupid bug in DBSRB2 I can't map. So until that bug is fixed, then I'll be posting updates.
But here's what to expect:

• New unlockables two of which: A NiGHTS map, and Angelic Dreams Zone.
  • Portals called Chaos Portals which are hidden in certain maps, and they'll lead you to an area of Chaos World Zone, where you have to collect the emerald in that area.
  • A new title screen made by Tapika the Fox!
  • some new enemies
  • new level select pictures(as of 1.09.3.19)
  • last but not least: 10 new zones(10th are the Chaos World areas) (along with a SuperSonic stage)

Here are the zone names:

- Green Land Zone(GLZ)
- Egg Tech Base Zone(ETBZ)
- Rocky Cavern Zone(RCZ)
- Midnight Beach Zone(MBZ)
- Deep Blue Zone(DBZ)
- Egg Rocket Zone(ERZ)
- Space Fortress Zone(SFZ)
- Chaos Palace Zone(CPZ)
- Deep Space Zone(DSpZ)
- Chaos World Zone(CWZ)

Sorry for the double post..but here's the text file that's going to come with the zip.

chaosworld.txt said:
Thank you for downloading chaosworld.zip, I hope you enjoy this levelpack! the time it has taken to make it is ----.

Story: Eggman was looking for a new place to take over, but his scanners detected massive energy readings in space. He went to the source and discovered a huge planet, that's the colors of the Chaos Emeralds. He tried to go into it but was shot back by the massive power radiating from the planet. He set off to find out how to get there. Meanwhile Sonic was traveling along, and he noticed that Eggman was coming back down from Space. Sonic wondered what he was up too, and followed him. Sonic then came across a Greenish area known as Green Land Zone, he sensed a power that was close though. Tails and Knuckles soon followed him on a new adventure!

Zone names and descriptions:
Green Land Zone: A Nice landscape, littered with flowers, Eggman's robots have gotten into the area though. difficulity(easy)

Egg Tech Base Zone: One of Eggman's many factories. Eggman decided to beef up the security a bit here. difficulity(easy/medium)

Rocky Cavern Zone: It seems that Eggman's tech base was connected to a cavern! watch out, there's crumbling rock traps and it's sorta dark! be careful! difficulity(easy/medium

Midnight Beach Zone: Sonic made it out of that horrible cavern! If only Sonic could relax on this beach...difficulity(medium)

Deep Blue Zone: After exploring the beach, Sonic learned that Eggman's rocket was hidden deep under the sea, so Sonic had to go under! do you think you can brave the watery passageways? difficulity(hard)

Egg Rocket Zone: Looks like Sonic made it to Eggman's rocket! It's course is set for...A fortress in the air? difficulity(hard)

Space Fortress Zone: Sonic climbed out of the rocket and found a huge fortress in space that Eggman took over! As Sonic looks out of a window, he sees a world that's the color of the chaos emeralds. So that's his plan! He plans to steal the emeralds out of the planet they came from! difficulity(hard)

Chaotic Palace Zone: It's dangerous here, not only is this the resting place of the emeralds, It's also the hardest place, Rock beasts everywhere, and there's also the vicious Emerald guardians that guard the main exit. difficulity(very hard)

..whew, okay, that was long. Okay, getting to the emeralds dosen't work the same, like in Mystic Realm, you have to find these Gateways. You step inside them and then you can go to exit the main level and go to a part of Chaos World Zone, there you can collect an emerald. Get all 7 and you can unlock something very special.

So I was wondering something, could someone make the Emerald guardians and the Rock beasts?

All right guys, here's the thing: I plan on finishing GLZ1 tommorow and am going to start on GLZ2, then make the boss act and release a small beta. That will be the new thread once I get GLZ done.

When he's finished Green Land Zone. Ya know what, I just noticed something. Me, you and (!!!) and KoF are constantly working on our levels packs, pretty dedicated, aren't we? :P

If any good spriters/socers are avalible, could someone please make the Chaos Guardians and the Rock Beast? I'd really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back