• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ChaosWorld

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingPhoenix

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Okay, I'm starting my first zone here, the 1st act in it might be small because I haven't got the hang of SRB2 level-editing yet(I'm used to Doom2/ZDoom editing).

screenshot:
srb200077kl.jpg

Nice, but you might want to make the pasageways a bit bigger, srb2 has way bigger rooms than doom.

ME WANT LINKY

He said he wasn't done yet.

Oh, and if you want, you can have me edit the level after you are done for optimization and bugfixing purposes(and help with anything you don't quite understand how to do).

Way too many rings. Check the official levels, and you'll notice how they never have over 20 rings at the start of the level.

Hey, Kof, that's pretty nice. The gradient cave lighting and all. One thing, though. Ignore Bouncy, he's got an opinion that isn't too great, for one. If you need to switch from Doom editing to srb2 editng, just make a copy of Doom Builder and set the defayults up so that you work at a 64x64 grid at first, and if you really need to, go lower. Make sure you're working at a lower zoom (100% or above) when doing a lot of the editing or you'll make your rooms too small.

Eh. I prefer to use 32 x 32 as my grid size. But 64 x 64 is good, too. But yeah, that gradient lighting looks REALLY nice. Just another one of doombuilder's perks!

Blue Blur said:
Hey, Kof, that's pretty nice. The gradient cave lighting and all.
Thanks, I remembered that from Torm's Doom Editing article so I'd thought it might work in SRB2 and guess what, it did, and I'm using DBSRB2 not the regular DB and it works fine now.

EDIT:
Prime 2.0 said:
Oh, and if you want, you can have me edit the level after you are done for optimization and bugfixing purposes(and help with anything you don't quite understand how to do).
Do you have MSN? If you do could you please add me?

*double-post + new shot*

Okay it's time for a new shot, I'm expanding GLZ1 because it was to small(for the level size) and once that's done I'll work on GLZ2. ;)

shots:
srb200130pc.jpg

srb200143vu.jpg

He got fofof's, moving fof's and a bunch of other stuff to work... yet he doesn't know how to scale the size or test his level properly XP

I've tested it. Its tiny, glitchy and missing linedefs.

*thinks of something positive*

uhh... It has emblems! *shot down by god*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back