Chaos Mode

Chaos Mode V2.2

I can't believe Sonic Team Junior removed this game mode in the final demo...
If Sonic Team Junior didn't removed this game mode, then, this addon wouldn't exist.

I keep getting sigsegvs while hosting server (dedicated or not).

Files:
ZCh_Chaos-v2.2.pk3
CL_Tangle-v1.0.1.pk3
cl_Shadow-v1.2.pk3

I'll try now with no characters.

EDIT:
Tried with:
ZCh_Chaos-v2.2.pk3 only = no crashes
Chaos + cl_Shadow-v1.2.pk3 = no crashes
Chaos + CL_Tangle-v1.0.1.pk3 = crashed after 10 minutes.

Last edited:
I found a bug where none of the commands seem to work - I tried chaos_maxwaves and attempted to increase it to 10 or 16, yet upon reloading the map, it's still stuck at 8 waves. Might wanna fix that.
EDIT: Realised I had to use the Chaos_Override command, I'mma dummy lol
Also, I think the game seems to consistently crash with XMomentum as well when trying to spawn in

Last edited:
Also, I think the game seems to consistently crash with XMomentum as well when trying to spawn in
Wait, I'm curious; why would you play Chaos Mode with XMomentum? The point of the game mode + the map design literally clashes with the point of XMom.
I suppose the bug is worth reporting regardless, though.

I don't understand why, but if I try to use this addon at all while solo, the map refuses to load, and repeatedly loads the zone intro without actually letting me play the mode

I don't understand why, but if I try to use this addon at all while solo, the map refuses to load, and repeatedly loads the zone intro without actually letting me play the mode
Go into Multiplayer > Internet/LAN and go to modes and select Chaos Mode and the map you want. This won't start a server and is essentiality an expanded singleplayer mode. There will be no problems.

I noticed something pretty frustrating when I paired this with the Whisper addon. Normally, when Whisper uses her Hammer attack, she goes straight through any enemies in the way. With Chaos Mode loaded, however, she instead bounces off really, really high. This is a notable problem for one reason: Whisper's Hammer is meant to be a grounded AOE attack, and that AOE shockwave only appears once you land. Having what should be a decent AOE attack hindered like this is quite annoying when the whole point of the gamemode is dealing with enemies.
I'm not sure how many other custom characters clash with this addon in as obvious a way as this off the top of my head, but it would be nice if there was some better compatibility here, one way or another.
Aside from that, this is still quite the fun custom gamemode to come back to. Any time I want to see how a custom character deals with a swarm of enemies, this addon is always my first choice to test their combat capabilities.

I hope this gets implemented to official srb2 one way or another, certainly gives enemies alot more personality. I feel like the enemies currently don't interact with the player, and the player has to choose to interact with it. As in... they're not enemies. In a 3D environment, you have more space to run around enemies, therefore enemies should influence your movement more. In a 2D environment you can only spin into enemies, jump into them, or jump over them. I feel like more enemy variety and the enemies having personalized AI could make them stand out more and increase the game's goodness.
Post automatically merged:

I also like how GFZ3 is affected, THZ3 is a bit painful but i don't really like any of the bosses in SRB2. I gotta say GFZ3 was just improved.

I have suffered a bug with this on 2.2.11, whenever i start a netgame, the map intro just keeps reloading, this doesnt happen in split-screen for some reason.

the only addon that was loaded was chaos mode itself.

Last edited:
Go into Multiplayer > Internet/LAN and go to modes and select Chaos Mode and the map you want. This won't start a server and is essentiality an expanded singleplayer mode. There will be no problems. (However, I Already Have An Open Server Without Dedicated, V2.2.13.)
I have suffered a bug with this on 2.2.11, whenever i start a netgame, the map intro just keeps reloading, this doesnt happen in split-screen for some reason. (2 Player Works On A Regular Basis Assuming It's Not Going To Bug Out.)

the only addon that was loaded was chaos mode itself. (No Matter What I Do It Always Does This Too)
Self-Explanatory To Why Chaos Is REALLY Bugged In The Latest Version.
Hopefully There Is A Patch To This Soon, But For Now: :devastation:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back