Chaos Mode

Chaos Mode V2.2

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
CobaltBW submitted a new resource:

Chaos Mode - Quickly destroy Eggman's machines in this co-operative onslaught!

In this mode, you must destroy egg capsules and other key targets before time runs out! Enemies and objectives appear in waves, and the level is completed once all waves are cleared.
View attachment 47880

Life is easier with company! Press tossflag to share some of your rings to an ally. If you don't have any rings, tossflag will signal to other players that you need help!
[ATTACH...

Last edited by a moderator:
Question! Is this warning anything worth looking into?
Lua/Objects/A_AttractChase.lua:68: unexpected symbol near '}'
I started up the game and added/enabled the mod, and the game told me it was added with warnings (Other than ZCh_chaos-v1.0.pk3, I didn't add anything else beforehand).
I went to check a log file, and that's the one warning it mentioned. I'm playing 2.2.9 on a Mac OS, too.

ITS FINALLY OUT YESSSSS

Played in Beta and absolutely loved it, glad to see it finally released officially

I do not understand how to put the complete mod to the game because I do not know much about configuration
If you're asking how to load the mod ingame, you can simply add it as you would any other SRB2 mod. This is a multiplayer mode, so you need to host a server after loading the mod, rather than attempting to enter the game through the single player menu. If you're joining a multiplayer server that has the mod loaded, then all you need are the server's files, or for the server to let you download from it.

Are the textures for Spring Yard reusable, even if the rest of the mod isn't? Just asking in case anyone else (maybe myself) would like to use them to make a map for a different gamemode; that way rather than requiring Chaos Mode as a dependency, they could just copy the textures and credit you Krabs.

Last edited:
If you're asking how to load the mod ingame, you can simply add it as you would any other SRB2 mod. This is a multiplayer mode, so you need to host a server after loading the mod, rather than attempting to enter the game through the single player menu. If you're joining a multiplayer server that has the mod loaded, then all you need are the server's files, or for the server to let you download from it.
I appreciate it, thank you

Are the textures for Spring Yard reusable, even if the rest of the mod isn't? Just asking in case anyone else (maybe myself) would like to use them to make a map for a different gamemode; that way rather than requiring Chaos Mode as a dependency, they could just copy the textures and credit you Krabs.
Checked back with Krabs and Ice Face, and they've clarified that the textures are reusable.

Incidentally, I missed Ice Face on the texture credits for SYZ in the OP, so I'll go ahead and update that.

Will any of the new music be available to download? Id love to see a mini album for Chaos alongside the regular SRB2 soundtrack by Cobalt

CobaltBW updated Chaos Mode with a new update entry:

v2.0

This update introduces a new minimap by Krabs, which replaces the old radar off to the side. Opening the TAB menu will display a fullscreen view of the map. In addition to this comes a handful of minor map layout adjustments and a couple of bugfixes.

Full changelog:
  • New minimap: Press TAB to view fullscreen map, even if the minimap is disabled.
    - Player score and lives is now shown in condensed view on the side of the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i'm not sure this is the right place to post this (i'm still figuring out the addons boards), but some things i was curious about:

• the end-of-round MVP sound off feels like it should be drawn as part of the hud instead of just messages at the top. can you do hud draws during the results screen? not sure if it was a limitation or a deliberate design choice.
  • im not sure if ratings and wave difficult scales with the player count, but that might be something to consider.
  • i encountered an issue where floating enemies were too high for sonic to reach, near the top of the map, and i had to switch characters. if a max-height for enemy spawns already exists, it might need to be lowered for compatibility reasons.

beyond these, wonderful job nonetheless!! it was very warming to play through

CobaltBW updated Chaos Mode with a new update entry:

Version 2.2

Contains some visual updates to the HUD, as well as a layout update for Noxious Factory Zone.

Full changelog
  • Minimap player icon color made to match player skincolor
  • Spectators are visible through the tab HUD
  • Spring Yard Zone: Fixed incorrect nonsolid midtexture
  • Noxious Factory Zone: Updated map terrain and layout

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back