[CANCELLED] PlatinumPhysics

[Open Assets] [CANCELLED] PlatinumPhysics v2.0.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

AurumMighty

Sonic Nerd
AurumMighty submitted a new resource:

PlatinumPhysics - Yet another mod that tries to customize the movesets and physics of players.

This is my first mod, so please feel free to give feedback on my custom physics and movesets. I plan on doing something with Tails and Knuckles for 2.0. Special Thanks to Tatsuru for the thok lua and the SRB2 Discord for being helpful and supportive!

PlatinumPhysics is yet another mod that tries to customize the movesets and physics of players. I recommend using a physics mod consecutively with this mod since the movesets were designed around them. Now, you may be asking what...

Read more about this resource...

While the mod works alright, the current GIFs dont actually load properly. At best, it has one frame and then disappears. do try to upload them or make new GIFs when you can.

While the mod works alright, the current GIFs dont actually load properly. At best, it has one frame and then disappears. do try to upload them or make new GIFs when you can.
That's weird, they work fine for me... I'll see what I can do though.

EDIT: I made new gifs. Hopefully they will work now.

Last edited:
AurumMighty updated PlatinumPhysics with a new update entry:

Version 1.2

Hello there. I have posted yet another update. This one is bigger than 1.1, however, so let's get started with the changelogs!

- Renamed the Momentum Leap to Swift Surge.
- Renamed the Momentum Thrust to Power Thrust.
- Redid the bio for Metal Sonic to include the boost mode.
- The character's base speed has been upped slightly from 30 to 32.
- Metal Sonic can no longer can use shield abilities.
- Rebalanced the Momentum Thrust. The faster you're going, the less speed you will lose...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 2.0.0

Oh boy, this is a big one. I'll give you the good news first; 2.0 is finally out after delaying it for half a year. Here are the changes:

- The file has been converted from a wad to a pk3 to save space.
- Sonic's ability has been reworked again. How it works now is that you use the Swift Surge and then you are able to use two other abilities depending on if you press jump or roll. The Swift Stomp, a move where you are quickly sent downwards, is activated by pressing the roll key this way...

PlatinumPhysics 3.0 Log #1:

Air movement has been adjusted. This means:
- The player's acceleration is now more consistent.
- The player no longer speeds up when jumping.
- There is air drag now to make the game easier to control at faster speeds.

Attachments

• srb20331.gif
    srb20331.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 79
  • srb20332.gif
    srb20332.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
  • srb20339.gif
    srb20339.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
PlatinumPhysics 3.0 Log #2:

Momentum has been tweaked and bug-fixed from 2.0. For example, you can no longer gain speed by repeatedly jumping. I do plan on making momentum work on ice, but that would take quite a bit of work.

Attachments

• srb20357.gif
    srb20357.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 71

Recancelled

I lost motivation to work on this mod again, and that is mostly due to the ambition I had for the project. It's better for my health to cancel the project.

"What mods should I play now if I want to have a similar experience to what PlatinumPhysics intended to be?"
- lenientBubbles
- BuddyEx
- reverieslite
- jumpleniency
- ReboundDash
- HoldFly
- RunOnWater

All of these are wonderful mods on this very message board, and I recommend you download them. PlatinumPhysics 3.0 development wasn't...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back