Boost

Boost v1.1

aquaponiee

ffoxD submitted a new resource:

Boost - It's a reusable boost.

Finally, it's done. This boost mod can make anyone boost, from the vanilla cast to custom characters!
You can set your own boost button throught the console command boostcmd, and your preference will be saved for the next time you open the game.
It's similiar to Modern Sonic's boost, but there's no drifting. You stop boosting upon hitting walls.
There's a functional boost gauge too! Refilled with enemies and rings.
If you're not boosting, it disables XMomentum, so you only have momentum...

Read more about this resource...

You can, all you have to do is load the characters, then the boost, then put in the custom data SOC, then you just need to go to any specific stage you like, then pick the custom character, then there you go.

You can, all you have to do is load the characters, then the boost, then put in the custom data SOC, then you just need to go to any specific stage you like, then pick the custom character, then there you go.
Not like that I mean for like an actual exclusive move for that custom character alone

The level design isn't entirely suited for that kind of gameplay but it's nice to finally be able to boost as Knuckles.

I suggest possibly making it so that if you boost in the air, you do an Air Boost instead, making it work how it does in unleashed. If you press jump while you are boosting on the ground however, you will keep your normal boost. Air Boost is boost being initiated when in the air. It resets your vertical momentum and gives you a boost.

also i say unleashed but i think the Air Boost works basically the same across Gens, Unleashed, etc.? Could be wrong. I think Generation's would be the same as Unleashed's Air Boost mechanic.

I refer to it as the Air Boost as that is it's literal name. You unlock the Air Boost in Sonic Unleashed iirc.

Does this need the latest version? I'm using 2.2.6 on Android and it shows the trailing (but in a solid color) but it doesn't seem like I'm getting faster. Also if I'm standing still and pressing boost button I don't boost forward I stand in place is that how it's supposed to be?

I suggest possibly making it so that if you boost in the air, you do an Air Boost instead, making it work how it does in unleashed. If you press jump while you are boosting on the ground however, you will keep your normal boost. Air Boost is boost being initiated when in the air. It resets your vertical momentum and gives you a boost.

also i say unleashed but i think the Air Boost works basically the same across Gens, Unleashed, etc.? Could be wrong. I think Generation's would be the same as Unleashed's Air Boost mechanic.

I refer to it as the Air Boost as that is it's literal name. You unlock the Air Boost in Sonic Unleashed iirc.
Yeah I agree, and the fire shield thing as the boost aura is looking a bit out of place and they running in mid air sprites are also out of place

Yeah I agree, and the fire shield thing as the boost aura is looking a bit out of place and they running in mid air sprites are also out of place

Yeah, midair walking/running shouldn't be a thing in vanilla either imo, it should just put you in falling.

Does this need the latest version? I'm using 2.2.6 on Android and it shows the trailing (but in a solid color) but it doesn't seem like I'm getting faster. Also if I'm standing still and pressing boost button I don't boost forward I stand in place is that how it's supposed to be?
Yes , you do need the latest version

I've beta tested this and I'm going tell you this.

it doesn't really FEEL like your going any faster at all

(edit) I think the boost bar is a bit big in the next update could you make it so it's a bit smaller?
Post automatically merged:

also what's the boostcmd? I'm typing boostcmd custom 2 or custom action 2 and it isn't working

Last edited:
Try CUSTOM in upper caps, then make sure there aren't any spaces on the number
I've beta tested this and I'm going tell you this.

it doesn't really FEEL like your going any faster at all

(edit) I think the boost bar is a bit big in the next update could you make it so it's a bit smaller?
Post automatically merged:

also what's the boostcmd? I'm typing boostcmd custom 2 or custom action 2 and it isn't working

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back