Bell Hill Zone

Bell Hill Zone 2022-06-08b

metalharbor

metalharbor submitted a new resource:

Bell Hill Zone - Based on the Super Mario 3D World level

A map pack with eight missions based on the Super Mario 3D World levels Super Bell Hill and Mount Beanpole (with remixes themed around Conkdor Canyon and Snowball Park).

Each mission forces a character. To choose your own character for the main mission, turn on devmode and go to MAP09.

The pack uses the Community Assets Pack, the Bomb Throw Ability for...

Read more about this resource...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Post automatically merged:

FUQ I DIDNT MAKE IT IN TIME

Some people are having trouble with the speedruns. I think maybe they need some coins/rings to hint about the fastest routes. Here is a complete spoiler for act five.

For act five you can clear a large portion just by going in a straight line.

Chain your jumps and thok so you bounce off the baloons, then off the item boxes on the brick wall, and then off the very last item box near the surface of the 'water', and you will bounce very high.

Then you just need to get to the 2nd or 3rd cliff (not the top of the mountain) and the level ends there.

For the sixth act, you have to do the entire original level in 45 seconds (plus a grace period). The above technique is useful but there are multiple ways to approach the rest of the level---electrical shields for double jump, long thok jumps, fire shield, etc.

If you did it without the hints...congratulations!

Last edited:
after now replaying and beating both act 5 and 6 (using the advice), i can definitively say that...i still think the timers are too strict. act 6 is definitely better than act 5, it gave me a little more leniency and i finished with about three seconds left on the clock, but both acts still have the problem of being far too strict to be enjoyable, even when you're playing on the most optimal routes. act 5, even playing the route straight forward, using a fire shield and speed shoes, still left me with less than a second left on the clock when i finished, and even then took over 20 consecutive tries to beat. i'd advise giving both acts about 5 seconds extra time to give the players a little bit of breathing room and lessen the need to play absolutely perfectly.

besides that, though, i will say that despite my initial thoughts i do enjoy the concept of this mission structure a little more. i was initially a little miffed that any extra stage design was replaced by extra missions, but later on i realised that they're just extra missions, and not intended to be in place of extra stages. when i get a chance, i'll go back and rewrite my review to rank the stage a little bit higher. that doesn't mitigate a ton of the problems, but i do respect the intent a little more now :sadthumbsup:

Some people are having trouble with the speedruns. I think maybe they need some coins/rings to hint about the fastest routes. Here is a complete spoiler for act five.

For act five you can clear a large portion just by going in a straight line.

Chain your jumps and thok so you bounce off the baloons, then off the item boxes on the brick wall, and then off the very last item box near the surface of the 'water', and you will bounce very high.

Then you just need to get to the 2nd or 3rd cliff (not the top of the mountain) and the level ends there.

For the sixth act, you have to do the entire original level in 45 seconds (plus a grace period). The above technique is useful but there are multiple ways to approach the rest of the level---electrical shields for double jump, long thok jumps, fire shield, etc.

If you did it without the hints...congratulations!
Pfft, I just cheesed both of those acts with Super Sonic. Yes, I had Pandora's Box unlocked, and I did not use the console in any way.
By the way, 1.5/10 where's my Super Bell power-up? If this is a recreation of Super Bell Hill from Super Mario 3D World, please include it's power-ups.

Pfft, I just cheesed both of those acts with Super Sonic. Yes, I had Pandora's Box unlocked, and I did not use the console in any way.
By the way, 1.5/10 where's my Super Bell power-up? If this is a recreation of Super Bell Hill from Super Mario 3D World, please include it's power-ups.
I'm not really up on scripting but I guess that is possible if someone writes something that gives Sonic's Knuckles ability? I would probably include it if anyone wants to do that.

will say that despite my initial thoughts i do enjoy the concept of this mission structure a little more. i was initially a little miffed that any extra stage design was replaced by extra missions

It's a fair criticism. I always liked the extra missions in the 3D games---especially in Sonic Adventure 2 as you might have guessed from the missions I included---but I realize people are divided.

Also, re: times, there is a brief grace period but I think that gets eaten when you can't move because of the title card. Yeah, 3-5 seconds more is probably appropriate.

By the way is there a way to change the HUD to say 'coins' instead of rings?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back