ASfAEe (Average Sonic fan vs Average Eggman enjoyer)

ASfAEe (Average Sonic fan vs Average Eggman enjoyer) 1.2.4

Riolucariolu submitted a new resource:

ASfAEe (Average Sonic fan vs Average Eggman enjoyer) - 25 stages long, speedrun friendly campaign that took over 1000 hours to make.

Hello!
Important things first:
1. This runs on the software renderer, but it's optimized for OpenGL; do yourself a favor and switch to that.
2. If you're epileptic, please open the map pack with an editor and replace Map24 with the "for epileptics" version. The original has a bunch of flashing lights and I don't want people to get hurt from the arguably best stage I made.
3. I listed this as not modifiable, but you can always reach out to me if you have any plans. It's not unlikely I'm gonna...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be too much of me if i ask for the name for the music used in map 24? there's something about it that's so...enchantingly peaceful to listen to

I only managed to pass the first two levels so far (it takes a bit of effort for me to master levels with fast twitch requirements these days), but everything looks promising considering where you started from. I will post a review once I get farther in.

I am also impressed by your decision to count the hours spent. I do not work like that myself, however long it takes to finish the project is how long it will take.

Would it be too much of me if i ask for the name for the music used in map 24? there's something about it that's so...enchantingly peaceful to listen to
It's from King's Field IV, the track is called "Dark Reality".
There's a lot of good versions of that track since it gained a bit of popularity a while ago, but the one I used was

King's Field IV OST - Dark Reality (Electric Piano Remix)​

At least that's the name you'll find it as on Youtube :)
Post automatically merged:

I only managed to pass the first two levels so far (it takes a bit of effort for me to master levels with fast twitch requirements these days), but everything looks promising considering where you started from. I will post a review once I get farther in.

I am also impressed by your decision to count the hours spent. I do not work like that myself, however long it takes to finish the project is how long it will take.
I'm sorry about the difficulty spike on level 3. It will become easier after that and only ramp up again towards the end :)
I did not actually count the hours, but I roughly know how long the stages took me. Stage 4 for example I remember rather vividly, that one took 50 hours. Stage 24 took the longest, I don't remember exactly how long, but it felt like a long time. All in all it should be a bit above 1000 ^^

Good mod! and... What is that music in Gravity Shenanigans?
Thank you :)
You should find it on Youtube as

Doom - Sign of Evil remake by Andrew Hulshult.​

He has remastered the whole soundtrack and it's wonderful to listen to.
I can generally recommend the artist, he's a good one!

If someone comes across here:
Is it normal to have have 8 reviews in 1200 downloads? It seems kinda slim, I don't believe the downloads counter at this point.

Riolucariolu updated ASfAEe (Average Sonic fan vs Average Eggman enjoyer) with a new update entry:

Multiplayer skin issues fixed!

Hello!

Today the GREAT and WONDERFUL JoJo has graced me with a fix to an issue I didn't know my mod had!

Here's a list of the changes they made:
  • Added Forceskin.lua to manage skins in each level
  • Removed all the Forcecharacter lines in the SOC script to avoid conflict
I playtested it again to make sure nothing else changed and fixed a typo and a softlock (you could always hit retry, though). Now here's a list of these uninteresting changes, for the sake of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This plot makes me wanna die, lol. There is some genuinely good stuff inbetween the "mapper's first map" stages and the sucker punch maps. I hope you can identify your best work and keep improving like you clearly did the further this levelpack goes on!

BTW. I made minor change to the forceskin lump that allows players to manually change skin after being forceskinned. (At their own discretion) It's also more optimized. Update the mod with it if you'd like. Your call!

Attachments

• Forceskin.lua
    766 bytes · Views: 30
This plot makes me wanna die, lol. There is some genuinely good stuff inbetween the "mapper's first map" stages and the sucker punch maps. I hope you can identify your best work and keep improving like you clearly did the further this levelpack goes on!

BTW. I made minor change to the forceskin lump that allows players to manually change skin after being forceskinned. (At their own discretion) It's also more optimized. Update the mod with it if you'd like. Your call!
I will look into it in a while.
I'm currently working on another short map pack and I'm in the exam phase of my university, but once I find time I will include it in my map pack, playtest everything again and credit you for version 1.2.5.
Your work will not go to waste, thank you a lot for that!

Also thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards remaking maps 1-3 and adding an interior of the hotel for Sirena Beach so that it becomes a proper stage. But I'm sure you also know that that's quite a bunch of work and I don't currently feel up to it :)
I don't wanna burn up all my interest in the DOOM engine in one fell swoop again, so I'm taking a slower approach this year :J

I already included a skin fix by JoJo and I'm really really grateful when I get messaged for fixes or QoL changes, I never put a lot of work into any Lua scripts and you help a lot ^^

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back