Are there any Slow Characters/Mods?

Bedoop

This is absolutely a skill issue on my end, but SRB2 is really really fast for me ! I fling over everything and overshoot a lot of turns and jumps
I've tried playing as the main roster (and also Skip from StephChars that looked neat) but it always gets too fast for me to handle too quickly, especially in the air, characters just kinda go zooom and i always bash my head into walls or ceilings
So would anyone around happen to know if there's any like, Slow characters? Like Slow-Slow. very Casual, 3d platformer-y slow. (it probably doesn't have to be 3D Platformer-y in terms of movement options ((they could be a very basic character)) but yknow just like. significantly slower top-speeds than everyone else. no zoomies)
that probably goes against most things this game stands for but as satisfying as it is to watch other people go fast, i just kinda. would not like to go fast for the moment. i wanna go sloow and take part in the level design without worrying too much about flingin over things yknow?
If nobody knows of any/if no characters like that exist that is OK but i thought it would be worth asking! as i dont know how i'd find that myself without trying like everybody as i don't think many characters would be designed with Going Slow as the primary goal
thank you ! :wonderful:

Super Mario has a much lower top speed than the vanilla characters, but his acceleration is much faster. May or may not be what you're looking for.

Fluffy Tails has both lower acceleration and low top speed.

I'm really new to the game too and was having the same skill issues. I don't want to use Knuckles or Tails because it just feels cheesy lol.

"Adventure Sonic" is awesome for training wheels! He can stop in midair with a "bounce" and of course, has the homing attack. He jumps a little bit higher and is more controllable in his spin. Oh, and he DOES feel slower. I played through a few levels thoroughly with him and am now back on "classic" Sonic and doing much better, though still really bad lol.

One tip I can tell you for overshooting jumps is to go easy on the forward key. It's almost like a racing sim. If you feel like you've got the momentum for a jump already, just feather it, and let go of forward before you touch ground so you don't run full-speed off the ledge.

Edit: Oh and another thing I did was pull back my camera under controls> camera options> camera distance. I also turned off "shift to player angle" and slowed down "Turn to input". Personally, I found those made the camera move around too much and actually made it harder to control. They might be better with controllers, but I'm rocking keyboard only.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back