Resource icon

AOAccount's Sega Genesis/MD Remix Pack V2.1

SonC07

AnOrdinaryAccount
Hello, Here's my collection of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive remixes for SRB2.

This pack contains 24 remixes all made with FL Studio 20 and the Genny VST
SRB2 MIDIs Ripped with Slade

I'm pretty new to modding SRB2 so if I've done anything incorrectly please tell me.

Hope you enjoy this remix pack!

V2 Changes:

I edited almost every song to make them sound better, by either changing the drums and a couple instruments (most of the edited tracks) or remaking them (techno hill acts 1 and 2)

I also removed Intro because it was really low effort and I don't want to remake it.

V2.1 Changes:

Added Deep Sea Act 2.

Attachments

• AOAsGenesisMusicV2.1.zip
    43.5 MB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:
Played through some levels and I gotta say, I really like the direction of some of these remixes. Deep Sea and Arid Canyon were really awesome to run through and the Speed Sneakers was a nice surprise as well. Welcome to releases!

Wow, somebody's doing remixes too. It is very cool! I tried to do remixes in FL Studio, but I was having difficulties. It's good that you could do it!

What can I say. Well, first and foremost, the soundtracks are not looped. It's really sad. Maybe you haven't read this? Check it out, it describes how to loop music!

What can I say about the soundtracks themselves? Well, I have a mixed opinion. There are good soundtracks like O_ACZ1, O_DSZ1, O_GFZ1, O_SPEC1/2, but there are also not very good ones, like O_THZ1/2, BCZ1. I have a feeling that different people did it. I'm not saying that this is bad, just at some moments I am not very pleased to hear it :P

In any case, I got more positive than negative. I would like to see more remixes from you!

And one moment... Why is there MUSICDEF in your file? It is not needed, it is already built into the game. You only need to replace the music.

(Yes, I went into files and found Escape from the city :V)

Thank you for telling me, this is my first time and I will try to do what you have said.
All of the remixes were made by me and some I just wanted to get out of the way hence the worse quality, the worst one being O__INTRO.

Also I was hoping people would find city escape

Last edited:
Aagh! At this rate i'm gonna be the last one to release my music pack! LOL

Your instrumentation is pretty good/not bad, at least FM wise; I question the repeated use of Roland GM percussion lol, maybe don't use that going forward (just imho) as it creates a weird sense of whiplash, at least to anyone whose familiar enough with midis

That being said, I think my favorite is O_SPEC1. I was (somehow) not expecting Ristar percussion! And now I wish i'd thought of that!

Aagh! At this rate i'm gonna be the last one to release my music pack! LOL

Your instrumentation is pretty good/not bad, at least FM wise; I question the repeated use of Roland GM percussion lol

That being said, I think my favorite is O_SPEC1. I was (somehow) not expecting the use of Ristar percussion! And now I wish i'd thought of that!
I realised that the gm percussion was weird, so for 3.0 I've taken a more sonic styled approach (although I'm bringing back the gfz2 remix from V1, that was the best version).

Making remix packs are hard because you have to do so many songs, and most of the time a few are good while the other ones are either lazy or bland. in 3.0 so far the best remix is O_GFZ1.

Also in O_SPEC1 the main snare is from Jammit but the other snare is from Ristar, special stage 1 sounds like a Ristar song so I knew it would fit.

I think I'm gonna stop making this pack
So many people make genesis remixes on srb2 and some of them are way better then mine.

So many people make genesis remixes on srb2 and some of them are way better then mine.
Only stop if you yourself want to. Just because there are other genesis remix packs, doesn't mean you can't make your own. And taste is purely subjective.

Only stop if you yourself want to. Just because there are other genesis remix packs, doesn't mean you can't make your own. And taste is purely subjective.
I want to, its hard remixing an entire soundtrack especially with tracks that are either too complex for me or they sound not as good in midi.

That's silly to think that.

You're making a mod replacing them which is already a bigger work to do than just making the remix (while it's already a good thing on its own).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back