Any interesting stories behind the creation of your Sonic OCs?

Well basically. It started with My love for the Sonic Underground Character, Manic. It originally started as putting my own twist on him to the point where he became his own thing. His origins are basically this: He's a prince. Prince of the stars. Forged by stars. A tragedy occurred, leaving him stranded on a planet below him named Shinoria. I'd get more detailed and in depth with this,but we'd be here all day. So I'mma just leave his reference sheet. (Which could use some updating)

Attachments

• ece1772e-1fdc-4958-a1df-95ec293dbf52.png
    ece1772e-1fdc-4958-a1df-95ec293dbf52.png
    486.8 KB · Views: 6,945
Sero? Oh, this...this idiot used to look like-
Untitled1019_20220319220122.png

...this. His name was Sonic Fan. And he was basically a Tails recolor. I don't remember when I made him because I don't remember anything, but I was apparently young enough to make this up in an old Roblox Sonic roleplay game I loved to play. I sorta slapped together a tiny backstory for him, inspired by the Sonic RPGs. He was "Tails with Sonic's DNA". Cringe. Anyway, sometime in October(I think?) of 2020, I redesigned him to:
Untitled1019_20220319220546.png

Sero! AKA SeroFox or SeroFox1003 blah blah blah. The changes are marked on the image. Now, for Sero, I don't really have a story for him because I'm not creative anymore, but uh...yeah. I also have another OC related to him directly, but I'm lazy so that's it. (Sorry for the bad art, I couldn't find any good examples so I just scribbled these guys)

Hi,my first ever OC for gl is named Jaydenthefoxyt. The reason why I named him that because I am gonna be a youtuber. His fur color is red with blue stripes. I have one more OC and this one is the current one. His name is Kane the half hedgehog and half one-tailed fox. He is a little bit edgy but really nice to everyone. He and Silver are best friends. Shadow and Kyla the Half-hedgehog and half one-tailed fox is the parents of Kane.

I'm sure that if you're here of all places, then it's safe to assume that you've made a Sonic OC at least once at some point. I know I'm no different. So, I'm curious as to what spawned the ideas for some of you guys' OCs. For me, I only have one that stuck around in my mind all these years, named Drago the Cat.

View attachment 40955
I was in 3rd or 4th when I made him back in, like 2010 to 2012, somewhere around there. I remember trying to make him seem like he could actually fit in the Sonic universe, since a lot of OCs I saw at the time were just so out there that at a glance, you could instantly tell the difference between a fan made character, and an official one. As for why he's a black cat, it's literally just because at the time, I had a black cat named Cowbin.
i made one for sonic boll a long time ago called leon the pirate.
"the pirate" in the name came when a picture of foxy from fnaf randomly came on my head
(and before you ask me, yes its just a edited knuckles)

Attachments

• 220-90_5ffe41d7aa939.jpg
    220-90_5ffe41d7aa939.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 102
PlazzmaExample.png

My old OC was called "Plazzma". He had no backstory, and had rocket boots.
He was cool, and he fought with my (at the time) best friend's OC, "Terraz".

I just made an new one called Wakashita the indescribable.
He was found at an ancient temple by gun researchers, which have been found brainwashed, likely an act of him. After his battle and victory against the commander, he went to angel island search for the phantom ruby, only to find about the events in sonic forces. Really mad about his creation being used by someone else, he searchs for the time stones, so he can get it before classic eggman does.

(and yes i used that cringy picrew thing don't judge me i suck at drawing💀)

Attachments

• 1257436_oNWgeXFc.png
    1257436_oNWgeXFc.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 3,611
Smokey the fox.png
He looked like this in 2019 or somethin (I literally did this with 2.1 colors in ms paint) (and the top hat was ms paint colors LOL)

then he looks like this (currently)
funny sonic.png

My oc, "Smokey" is just a hedgehog and an echinda combined, also yellow. NO BACKSTORY CUZ HE LIVES IN A WHITE VOID LOLOLOLOL. He has sonic spines and knuckles' dreadlocks all in one, "SMOKEY WHAT ABOUT THE HAIR????" its just there for some reason. Thats it. nothing else. go home.

He was found at an ancient temple by gun researchers, which have been found brainwashed, likely an act of him. After his battle and victory against the commander, he went to angel island search for the phantom ruby, only to find about the events in sonic forces. Really mad about his creation being used by someone else, he searchs for the time stones, so he can get it before classic eggman does.

(And yes i know he looks like a girl but no he isn't its was just my try at making him stylish but ended up this way, despite that i loved the result)

Well, I never liked recolors and I decided to do the dumbest thing I've ever created.
Ant the ant(1).png

(2023 Ant)
ant the ant.
It's the least creative name I've ever made, it looked like this in 2022
Ant the ant.png

(2022 Ant)
He is a little goofy character, at first he was a joke character but then he became my OC

Way back in 2020 I was like 11 at the time who plays PolySonic. my first OC was cinos, he's basically just metal Sonic recolor, yellow metal, blue streak, blue glowing screla (I can't spell). And when he's like unarmored, he's just sonic with orange stripes. Fast forward to 2023 Sonic Pulse, I've created these two
Screenshot_2023-05-19-22-11-01-431~2.jpeg

This rabbit's name is June.
Screenshot_2023-05-19-22-06-05-240~2.jpeg

And this dude's name is Zero (as in A6M Zero)
Post automatically merged:

June's design was barely influenced by girls in touhou series (Mind you, the detached sleeves), and those taekwondo and karate arts
Post automatically merged:

And Zero is just Johnny, but dark since this dude is a glorified missile and a kamikaze

Last edited:
My oc was just SATAM Tails with an orange jacket, jeans, converses and glasses, and it was meant to be a place holder but I´m pretty lazy and used it for almost a year in Tik Tok, until I just decided to draw myself.
P.S.: Found it

Attachments

• 17 sin título.png
    17 sin título.png
    470.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
costume2.png
11d00c10-c86a-4807-95ad-1642b9dc0ace.jpg

This character named Ngah Paming.
Once I had a character I made from Scratch MIT called "Oshima". I randomly chooses any name that I heard. Oshima usually depict me but now I seperate into different character. But when I came back playing SRB2 I thought of making OC of me.

If you all noticed it has three spikes on my head (or as you may seen on the side it has 2 spikes), which inspired from some Eguchi's artwork happens to draw spikes pretty few on head in Sonic references while Sonic we know had 6 spikes on head or what we seen he had three spikes on his side.
The hoodie was inspired from traditional Malay clothing called "Teluk Belanga". See that kinda like one button there, and also that one pocket (I thought I want to put three). I thought it'll be cool if I merge Teluk Belanga and hoodie. Also it represents my nation, Malay.
The shoe is kinda weird, because I'm taking pattern from traditional sandal or as I call it "capal" (chapal), but obviously the shoes is not capal, it's just inspiration as pattern. (not whole looked like capal)
For the face, like I omitted the muzzle and "one big eyeball" but eventually made like less effort.

That's weird, why it reminds me Soap?

Last edited:
Oh boy...
Here Goes! :welcometoreleases:

So, one day I'm on youtube, yeah yeah, and I see DanTDM's video titled something like SONIC'S DEAD AN I REPLACED HIM! Turns out to be sonic forces, and I stop the video, and put Sonic Forces on my wishlist.
I get the game, and by the end, the earliest version of my OC has formed: Zip the Cat.
He's a yellow cat with yellow bangs, A tan shirt, and yellow shoes, and can Boost (he has the drill wispon ingame)

Fast forward to... not sure, but it was the early days of Sonic Pulse on Roblox, and I tried to remake him, didnt go well, and I left for a few years. Skip to sometime last year, I remember this game exists and I Remake Zip, and then I revamp him, and I revamp him, and over time He gets a name change, to Drift the Cat, but he's still basically just the same. Somehow though, a couple of months ago, I've landed on something I'm finally happy with. He's still got a few imperfections, but that's mostly because of the limitations of the character creator.
Drift_T_Cat_Shrug.png

Whew, that was a lot.

Btw, His .exe Is called Drift.zip as an homage to his original name.
Extra creepy is the reason I came up with to justify the .zip in-lore.
Instead of executing, he collects the souls inside himself, like files in a .zip

Last edited:
View attachment 96970View attachment 96973
Once I had a character I made from Scratch MIT called "Oshima". I randomly chooses any name that I heard. Oshima usually depict me but now I seperate into different character. But when I came back playing SRB2 I thought of making OC of me.

If you all noticed it has three spikes on my head (or as you may seen on the side it has 2 spikes), which inspired from some Eguchi's artwork happens to draw spikes pretty few on head in Sonic references while Sonic we know had 6 spikes on head or what we seen he had three spikes on his side.
The hoodie was inspired from traditional Malay clothing called "Teluk Belanga". See that kinda like one button there, and also that one pocket (I thought I want to put three). I thought it'll be cool if I merge Teluk Belanga and hoodie. Also it represents my nation, Malay.
The shoe is kinda weird, because I'm taking pattern from traditional sandal or as I call it "capal" (chapal), but obviously the shoes is not capal, it's just inspiration as pattern. (not whole looked like capal)
For the face, like I omitted the muzzle and "one big eyeball" but eventually made like less effort.

That's weird, why it reminds me Soap?
t.png
20230723_171714 - Edited - Edited.jpg

Ok just a minor redesign I guess
When I accidently open ChrispyChars while playing as other character in multiplayer, I ended up having tails, which the ChrispyChars settings have. Then I thought of putting tails, which I thought it would be cool.
Edit: I'd like to redesign this.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back