Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

The sonic rush ball is the same as sonic advance, so even though I only had sonic rush and not sonic advance, the advance trail was still nostalgic.

Would be very cool if you added a file for "What I'm Made of" from Sonic Heroes as the Sonic's Super theme, not that I want it more than anything, because I did that file myself, but it would still be very cool.
Post automatically merged:

Also, just saying, sometimes I hop on surf boards in some stages and there is no animation of sonic using them
(or it isn't the surf board idk)
srb20017.png

(In this screenshot I'm riding a surf board)
Edit: I looked at the gif in the 1.6 update section and it isn't the same surfboard, but it would be nice if it was added to this board too.

Last edited:
Hold onto your hats, v1.6b is coming out either later today, or tomorrow in the worst case scenario!
1078653364423905320.webp

Why did just now i noticed that his victory pose is based on advance 2
View attachment 87976
It was Metalwario's brilliant triple win decision!
MetalWario.webp

It satisfied his lust for Advance representation, the latter part of that animation was the same victory pose used in Sonic Adventure 2, and the little twirl he does transitions nicely into other potential taunt frames!

how do you grind on rails?
Find some rails and hop onto them!
1078639454316679178.gif

...but there's no rails in SRB2. Yet.

View attachment 88091
Edit: I looked at the gif in the 1.6 update section and it isn't the same surfboard, but it would be nice if it was added to this board too.
That's a seperate object with seperate code. The surfboard uses the jetski from RushChars to function. It's really just a reanimated jetski that doesn't exist at all without Rushchars.

Would be very cool if you added a file for "What I'm Made of" from Sonic Heroes as the Sonic's Super theme, not that I want it more than anything, because I did that file myself, but it would still be very cool.
That's easy!
934769709717520384.webp

Just add it AFTER adding SA-Sonic: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/796954415591981116/1087477837541425182/SA-WhatImMadeOf.pk3

Can you add support for Heroes styled jump animation?
We've no plans of including further Heroes stuff. The Heroes skincolor just happened to be an easy thing to implement that didn't mess with filesize or optimization.

You can get fairly close by using the Heroes skincolor, a shiny sLCDball spintrail and the SA2 game flair, though!

I need help he is white when I play the new version
Hearing this for the 10th time in a row is confirmation enough I can't allow setting files to be backwards compatible.
536232322928738306.webp

Just hold on 'til v1.6b if you can't figure it out, it'll get rid of this automatically.

I'm guessing the grinding sprites are also for the train tracks since that what modern sonic does
Nope.

We've no plans of including further Heroes stuff. The Heroes skincolor just happened to be an easy thing to implement that didn't mess with filesize or optimization.

You can get fairly close by using the Heroes skincolor, a shiny sLCDball spintrail and the SA2 game flair, though!
Ok

Metalwario64 updated Adventure Sonic (v1.6) with a new update entry:

v1.6b hotfixes

Golden Shine here with some minor fixes for the v1.6 release!
872393501684432947.webp

Changelog below!

SA-MENU
-Save file is no longer backwards compatible. This avoids the issue of Sonic going white upon conversion from 1.5, confusing some players. If you're clever (and remember how to open the SAmenu!), you can still...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I may be stupid cus
Why did just now i noticed that his victory pose is based on advance 2
View attachment 87976
(Or is it just a coincidence?)
Thats beacuse , Sonic Advance is based around Adventure Sonic but with its own quirks (like the 16-Bit Sprites and the Gameplay)
It also explains why they added the "Advance-Style" visuals on the SAMenu for reference

Last edited:
Thats beacuse , Sonic Advance is based around Adventure Sonic but with its own quirks (like the 16-Bit Sprites and the Gameplay)
It also explains why they added the "Advance-Style" visuals on the SAMenu for reference
Advance's sprites are still my favorite in the series. SRB2 is a sprite based game, so I wanted to homage them from the beginning. In fact, some of my earliest SA Sonic sprites were me trying to emulate the walk and run from those games, but I wasn't experienced enough at the time and it was taking too long, so I just straight up traced the SA2 animations.

By the time I got to the victory poses, I knew what I was doing and was able to get the poses I wanted. Also, just because it's Adventure Sonic, doesn't mean he can't reference non-Adventure games, though I really want to avoid going outside of that era as a whole. In fact, I did have an Archie based Sonic color that I ended up axing because it was from the reboot era comics and that was way past the Adventure days, as much as really cherish the comic. If I am to go outside that scope, I might end up making my own crazy color pack or something.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back