Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

I know it's the paused button but what I meant was what exactly do I do with it? Sorry if this was inconvenient but I'm terrible at following things
y o u u s e i t t o c h a n g e v o i c e l i n e s, l i k e i s a i d.
Post automatically merged:

and by voice lines, i mean the taunt voice lines. if you're still confused, then i can't get more specific than that.

y o u u s e i t t o c h a n g e v o i c e l i n e s, l i k e i s a i d.
Post automatically merged:

and by voice lines, i mean the taunt voice lines. if you're still confused, then i can't get more specific than that.
M Y B R O T H E R I N C H R I ST

am I supposed to hold the pause button or something? Your explanation isn't helping at all

I know it's the paused button but what I meant was what exactly do I do with it? Sorry if this was inconvenient but I'm terrible at following things
specifically, you gotta hit the Menu button (either that or use your phone's Go Back function, whether that be a button or just swiping from the side) to enter the pause menu. from there you'll be able to hit the console button, which should look a little bit like >_, and then type and enter the command samenu, which will open the Adventure Sonic Menu!

after that, return to gameplay, and use your touch stick and the jump button to move to Sound/Style, and you'll see the Sonic Voice option! hitting jump on that option will cycle between english, japanese, or switching it off. hope that helps!

(unfortunately this gif is from the windows version, but hopefully it's of help lmao)

srb20136.gif

specifically, you gotta hit the Menu button (either that or use your phone's Go Back function, whether that be a button or just swiping from the side) to enter the pause menu. from there you'll be able to hit the console button, which should look a little bit like >_, and then type and enter the command samenu, which will open the Adventure Sonic Menu!

after that, return to gameplay, and use your touch stick and the jump button to move to Sound/Style, and you'll see the Sonic Voice option! hitting jump on that option will cycle between english, japanese, or switching it off. hope that helps!

(unfortunately this gif is from the windows version, but hopefully it's of help lmao)

View attachment 83975
Next updates (1.5b, 1.6) are implementing the ability to open this menu using the Pause Game Button (Not the menu button, the button that makes "Game Paused" appear).

Nifty LSA indicator on the spindicator is also coming too!

srb20189.gif

Next updates (1.5b, 1.6) are implementing the ability to open this menu using the Pause Game Button (Not the menu button, the button that makes "Game Paused" appear).

Nifty LSA indicator on the spindicator is also coming too!

srb20189.gif
????? okay but 1.5b/1.6 haven't released yet, im more concerned with how it operates right now

????? okay but 1.5b/1.6 haven't released yet, im more concerned with how it operates right now
Implementing an option for the dedicated pause menu to open the SAMenu is hassle, so the freeze game button is the solution. It currently only works in singleplayer

In the next update, add rail grinding like in Adventure 2 and Heroes, but in this game, add 3 different ways to grind - 2D images like fences being detected as "rails", mine tracks like Modern Sonic, and then a custom rail asset people can use. "Rail grinding is one of the core mechanics I feel is missing from SRB2 so I'd love to get it in there." Boostmentum, Star.
"I also wouldn't mind making the rings that you can jump through, though those would only be an asset." -also Star.

I was referencing a line said by Sakurai some time ago in what I believe was a Smash Bros Ultimate interview, but I could be wrong.
I only decided to use it because it's a funny meme.

But what's different in Adventure Sonic v1.6 aside from bug fixes like the ones mentioned above?
And what exactly was done to get Hyper Adventure Sonic in the first place? XMomentum? Black Hole Zone? MR:CE?
Don't worry, I was meming along with you.

Black Hole Zone is map map57. SA-Sonic doesn't care how you get there, so long as you beat it with him, you unlock Hyper Sonic.

on mobile, i can only use 4 out of the 7 voice lines. on mobile, you use the pause but to change voices so it may be that
It's the weapon-ring specific buttons on a keyboard, can the mobile version not change them around? I have no experience ever trying the mobile port, tbh.

add rail grinding like in Adventure 2 - 2D images like fences being detected as "rails"
I considered it once, but it has alot of issues. Spiky/invisible/holed up fences make no sense to grind, and most fences lead into walls or pits. Imagine ledgegrabbing and suddenly being kidnapped by a random fence that smashes you into a wall and jerks your camera around.

srb20099.gif

Rails really need intentional placement to work.

-----

Sorry about the delays thus far. There's a very ambitious idea we wanted to try, and ambition takes time. No promises it'll get done, at least for v1.6, but here's some updates from the WIP dev build as an apology!

Single Player colors now get their own menu! Pick any color you want! It'll save your preference, and you won't need the custom1/2/3 trick.
srb20104.gif

The SAmenu can now be opened with the pause key!(Yes, in netgames too) Due to key detection limitations you need to hold the button if you bound pause to something other than it's default key. Wait, is that a new gameflair?
srb20103.gif

I've recreated coronas from the final demo days! This time software gets a slice of the pie too. They react to environmental brightness and distance from ceilings/floors, and invincibility gets all-new effects that are easier on performance to boot.
srb20106.gif
srb20108.gif
srb20111.gif

Metalwario64 returns for some new animations! For one of them, Adventure Sonic cheekily turns Marine's Jetski into a surfboard resembling a familiar SA1 snowboard! Animation is WIP, the quill movement is almost done!
srb20097.gif

And extra mod support for stuff like Icezer's supercolors mod, supporting auras and the new coronas as well! (Note: left GIF is old!)
srb20146.gif
srb20135.gif

Or stuff like revamped gift behavior! You no longer have just 1 chance to gift everyone at once. It'll keep track of who you've gifted, and your presents home into even the speediest, least patient players.
srb20112.gif

Then some bugfixes, yadayada, we haven't been doing nothing all this time.

Sorry about the delays thus far. There's a very ambitious idea we wanted to try, and ambition takes time. No promises it'll get done, at least for v1.6, but here's some updates from the WIP dev build as an apology!

Single Player colors now get their own menu! Pick any color you want! It'll save your preference, and you won't need the custom1/2/3 trick.
srb20104.gif

The SAmenu can now be opened with the pause key!(Yes, in netgames too) Due to key detection limitations you need to hold the button if you bound pause to something other than it's default key. Wait, is that a new gameflair?
srb20103.gif

I've recreated coronas from the final demo days! This time software gets a slice of the pie too. They react to environmental brightness and distance from ceilings/floors, and invincibility gets all-new effects that are easier on performance to boot.
srb20106.gif
srb20108.gif
srb20111.gif

Metalwario64 returns for some new animations! For one of them, Adventure Sonic cheekily turns Marine's Jetski into a surfboard resembling a familiar SA1 snowboard! Animation is WIP, the quill movement is almost done!
srb20097.gif

And extra mod support for stuff like Icezer's supercolors mod, supporting auras and the new coronas as well! (Note: left GIF is old!)
srb20146.gif
srb20135.gif

Or stuff like revamped gift behavior! You no longer have just 1 chance to gift everyone at once. It'll keep track of who you've gifted, and your presents home into even the speediest, least patient players.
srb20112.gif

1. Eh, I could care less about switching colors. I personally use the SADX skin color.
2. Pretty cool that there's a new game flair, but I don't think I'll use it that much. The option to have it is cool regardless.
3. Will we still be able to use the vanilla pause menu?
4. Sweet! SuperColors Revamp support! But the coronas from Final Demo? Meh. RushChars jetski support is alright, I guess.
5. I personally don't care about giving gifts in multiplayer either due to not using multiplayer that often.

Black Hole Zone is map map57. SA-Sonic doesn't care how you get there, so long as you beat it with him, you unlock Hyper Sonic.

It's the weapon-ring specific buttons on a keyboard, can the mobile version not change them around? I have no experience ever trying the mobile port, tbh.

I considered it once, but it has alot of issues. Spiky/invisible/holed up fences make no sense to grind, and most fences lead into walls or pits. Imagine ledgegrabbing and suddenly being kidnapped by a random fence that smashes you into a wall and jerks your camera around.

srb20099.gif

-----

srb20104.gif

srb20103.gif

srb20106.gif
srb20108.gif
srb20111.gif

srb20097.gif

srb20146.gif
srb20135.gif

srb20112.gif

The Advance game flair was a surprising addition for a minor update, even coronas are an astounding one. I wouldn't say it's too out of normal for you to give a corona to VFX. One question, can you still do the direct input for the 3 original SP Colors?

Generally speaking, this update seems geared more towards noticable changes and more serious updates. Really excited for when this drops!

The Advance game flair was a surprising addition for a minor update, even coronas are an astounding one. I wouldn't say it's too out of normal for you to give a corona to VFX. One question, can you still do the direct input for the 3 original SP Colors?

Generally speaking, this update seems geared more towards noticable changes and more serious updates. Really excited for when this drops!
This is easily the most elaborate gameflair, you'll see in time. If you kept up with Samus, I suppose you probably saw the coronas coming. There's alot of minor gfx updates here, they were future-proofed for uncapped integration and retouched in general. This is what Hyper Sonic's transformation effects look like now, for example!
SPOILER_srb20118.gif

I personally don't care about giving gifts in multiplayer either due to not using multiplayer that often.
You...don't have to list the parts you're not interested in.

srb20099.gif

-----

srb20104.gif

srb20103.gif

srb20106.gif
srb20108.gif
srb20111.gif

srb20097.gif

srb20146.gif
srb20135.gif

srb20112.gif

ALL of that in one update?
holy hecc, you weren't kidding about ambitious.

This is easily the most elaborate gameflair, you'll see in time. If you kept up with Samus, I suppose you probably saw the coronas coming. There's alot of minor gfx updates here, they were future-proofed for uncapped integration and retouched in general. This is what Hyper Sonic's transformation effects look like now, for example!
SPOILER_srb20118.gif

You...don't have to list the parts you're not interested in.
Building in uncapped integration was a nice detail, just hoping the jump and spin effects are accounted for too. Nice play on explosive effects!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back