Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

So, this is a silly idea, and I don't know if this is the right venue, but I have a cool idea that could happen but would take a little bit of ingenuity. It would be cool if Adventure Sonic could run on walls like he can in the Adventure games. I know that walls aren't walkable in SRB2, but it could work like a modified Knuckles Wall Climb. It would activate if Adventure Sonic hits a wall while on a slope exceeding X angle while going at Y speed while in a Running state. This would require additional Running sprites (1 directly Overhead, as well as a "3/4 overhead" (inbetween side view and overhead). This would be mirrored for other side. Only need 1 "3/4 overhead" running animation, due to how camera is expected to work in SRB2) for different camera angles and different running angles. Side view in this context could just be a rotated version of the normal ground running sprite). The modified Wall Climb here would deactivate if speed is below a threshold but would allow for a seamless transition if done correctly.

I don't know. It's something that would make the character stand out even more than it already does. Just a thought.
I do think something like this has been done with Wido.
It'd obviously be cool, but the leveldesign in SRB2 doesn't really support it at the moment. I know people are pining for more advanced physics and slope stuff in SRB2's future, though, we might just see it sometime yet, but at this moment it's impractical. I'd either have to make it VERY clumsy and limited or make it way too overpowered to work with his movekit in the current levels.

The character Wido has the closest thing to this thus far if you'd like to see a character based on the idea!

srb20039.gif

Another good way to get that vertigo-inducing Sonic Adventure camera and FEEL like you're wallrunning is to get the sloperollangle lua and turn on the cameraroll command. (Level shown is thicc HorseradishHolm)

This Add-On is great. But maybe you could add the Somerasault as an Custom 1 action in the SA2 and Hybrid sound flair?
We're avoiding the use of any unnecessary buttons. Maybe on a potential SA-Shadow, though!

In the meantime.... We should just be thinking about more in-line things like sprites for soap shoes? I'm hoping that has a separate toggle from the Game Flair since some absolute monsters might wanna play in SA1-style with soap shoes. Hoping Metalwario's going great, considering how much we've gotten for sprites. Hoping he's on a good long break, we get those shoes when it's done people.
My boy Wario seems pretty chill nowadays. He's not inactive, working on whatever he feels like atm without committing to anything super intensely, so wherever he'll go next, who knows! For what I can show off now, it's some cool new renders!
RUSH.png

How 'bout making it so that the lightspeed attack can only be activated with maximum heat. That way, players won't accidentally perform the lightspeed attack when trying to light dash.
That would force Custom 3 as more than just a button for convenience and one-time transformation button. If you're right next a ring, Sonic always prioritizes that ring over any enemy, so keep your surroundings in mind!

And thus, after Sonic pissed in Eggman's cereal, the moon accident followed...
934769673449398344.webp

I think the Lightspeed Attack giving 2 hits on a boss was intentional. It's still in the current version, so that's likely the reason.
You deal 2x damage, but then the enemy becomes immune until you hit them with something else. It's to give players an incentive to not just do boring homing attack spam.

Currently the only desire I have with this addon is that Live and Learn plays fully.
Why not get the OpenYourHeart music addon and modify it to put in your preferred version of Live and Learn?

hey I'm just wondering how to what is the code for the soap shoes the jeck jims models

Why not get the OpenYourHeart music addon and modify it to put in your preferred version of Live and Learn?
For some reason, this was all the incentive I needed to download Audacity, figure out how looping works, and crush as many Metal Sonics in die.pk3 as I could.
Well, while I'm at it, I noticed a minor bug with Super. You don't need to touch the Final Boss to destroy the electric field, flying above him works too.

I love it. In all seriousness, this is probably the best mod I've played, EVER!
I have a couple more clips that I recorded, and I wish I would've had my mic on while recording, you would've heard me absolutely fangirling so hard in the background. I'd love to see an Adventure Shadow, but you can't have everything, now can ya? :P
Great job on the mod, I mean that genuinely! :DDD

Ribut_46870 THE SOAP SHOE MODEL IS NOT WORKING FOR ME IM MOBILE!

1. Go complain about it in Jeck Jims' 2.2 3D Models' thread then instead of here

2.Caps Locks was unnecessary

3. Could you at least give a theory as to why it might not be working?

Well I already change the script in model.dat like in YouTube and it didn't work for me why? I mean I have jeck Jim 1.6 plz teach me Linz

i gotta like the fact that adventure sonic still has his spamdash and please just dont change it i beg you

i gotta like the fact that adventure sonic still has his spamdash and please just dont change it i beg you
Spamdash is basically one of or the most iconic move in Sa1 and Sa2, ADVENTURE Sonic is based of off Sa1 and Sa2. AND Sa1 and Sa2 both have THE SPAMDASH. (It's not an Adventure Sonic without a spamdash...)

Spamdash is basically one of or the most iconic move in Sa1 and Sa2, ADVENTURE Sonic is based of off Sa1 and Sa2. AND Sa1 and Sa2 both have THE SPAMDASH. (It's not an Adventure Sonic without a spamdash...)
Sa2 is not really since there is a 1-2 second build up before he does start to charge his spindash thus making it not really spammable, though thanks to mods we can spam it lol

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back