• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyways back to the idea of SA-Sonic crashing the message board, what does that even mean? I'm assuming it means everyone will wanna use it. That's a watered down version of my interpretation anyways.
Pretty much. The idea is that so many people will want to download the mod from here that it will overload the server, causing slow loading times if you can even get the website to load at all.

A watered down version of how it works is that when someone tries to connect to a website, their network sends a request to the server to access the website and download necessary data to do so. The server then sends back the ok, and then uploads the necessary data to display the web page. However, when many people are flooding the server with these requests all at once, it has to split it's work giving out the necessary information among all of them, slowing the upload speeds and thus limiting download speeds, and eventually it can even get so overburdened that it ceases to work entirely.

Because this can be exploited maliciously, many websites also have special protections to help safeguard against this.

The sprite work for SA-Sonic having an alternate shoes (soap shoes) is going to be hard to implement as M.Wario (the holder of the holy grail :worry:) needs to clone and repaint the current sprites so the soap shoes would appear in every direction, though in the very early parts of the thread I'm not sure but I think I saw him having the idle of SA-Sonic with soap shoes so it might be possible

The sprite work for SA-Sonic having an alternate shoes (soap shoes) is going to be hard to implement as M.Wario (the holder of the holy grail :worry:) needs to clone and repaint the current sprites so the soap shoes would appear in every direction, though in the very early parts of the thread I'm not sure but I think I saw him having the idle of SA-Sonic with soap shoes so it might be possible

Considering he uses Blender to make the sprites it might not be too hard

Just tedious

We only saw a sideways facing frame with the soap shoes on, which got Shine to code for him. They have stated it could be a post release feature.

Kinda hard to believe we have but a mere 3 days until the release of SA-Sonic.
Very exciting.
Ah and before I forget, this may depend on your timezone.
4 days in my timezone, though if you're that far ahead you might have to wait until jan 2nd cause of how timezones work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back