• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea kinda not going to lie
Anyone else notice how much this thread has died down ever since the release date was announced?
Post automatically merged:

IT was boring for a while to wait but hey its releasing early on Jan 1 so it wouldn't take long but after a few days its reeling in to be playable
Post automatically merged:

Uh? I take it you don't like them?

I prefer the DC models for SA1 personally within the context of the game and its transition to 3D (as well as the nostalgia of playing the game on my DC as a kid in 1999), but for a project like this, I want to use the DX models because of their faithfulness to Uekawa's artwork.

Anyhow, I've done some more work on these:

q0Orkrw.png

For the standing frames, I just touched up the outlines a bit, since against lighter backgrounds they looked a bit incomplete.

I also finally completed the first running animation:
tKDviy2.gif

Here it is with the default animation, just because I like comparing things:
VoXzxTU.gif

Anyhow, since the way the SA1 model is rigged, characters can't really make fists that look decent, so I'll probably touch up some of the hands in these frames later on after I finish all of the other running frames for the other directions.

You know, since Doom took pictures of sculpted models and traced them into pixel art (obviously far more work than I'm doing here), that was one of the catalysts for my idea of making these...
at far these are good i mean im shocked right now but idk what to say its really good try keeping up on the work man

Last edited:
IT was boring for a while to wait but hey its releasing early on Jan 1 so it wouldn't take long but after a few days its reeling in to be playable
I surely ain't complaining about his release date but I was just commenting about the sudden inactivity cause you'd think it'd spike. Considering the release date is usually the all time high of something's hype.

I surely ain't complaining about his release date but I was just commenting about the sudden inactivity cause you'd think it'd spike. Considering the release date is usually the all time high of something's hype.
eh true id say for myself that hes doing good but some people are patient and impatient and hey truly I'm excited i mean tho like its really good by far it really is even the first design

So anyways back to the idea of SA-Sonic crashing the message board, what does that even mean? I'm assuming it means everyone will wanna use it. That's a watered down version of my interpretation anyways.
Kinda like how week 7 caused newgrounds to shut down for a couple o' days?

Not the right place to be looking for people to play Roblox with you! If you want, start a generalized Roblox thread in the Video Games forum if one doesn't already exist.
who wanna play roblox

what im bored ok
As a friendly reminder, If you want to ask people for that, there's other options you can take!
The Message Boards have Off-Topic sections to start threads about that.
There's also an SRB2 Discord you could join if you want to ask people more directly.
By comparison, on these sections of the Message Boards you're supposed to stay on topic, so coming here and asking who can play roblox with you is... Very much the opposite of staying in topic.
Please consider my suggestions as to where to go to ask for that!

Anyways, since nobody got it right, the answer to another thing that is going to release the same day as SA-Sonic: the Lego Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog set.

(please don't get me banned from this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back