• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. If the mod is on that day, that would be a surprising but also cheeky reference to the games release date.
No, I doubt it. Considering they must be past 55 sprites left, I bet it's gonna release before that day comes. Also, the meme taunt SA-Sonic would have should be him screaming "TERIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" either that or the Sonic Screaming meme.

No, I doubt it. Considering they must be past 55 sprites left, I bet it's gonna release before that day comes. Also, the meme taunt SA-Sonic would have should be him screaming "TERIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" either that or the Sonic Screaming meme.
Ya never know, they could possibly release on CHRISTMAS DAY as a gift.

It would be clever if they released it then.

Metalwario would have plenty of time to make the sprites and maybe wait until the 23rd.
Or they could release SA-Sonic as soon as they were done.

We can wait, we've waited thus far, it'd be totally fine if they released SA-Sonic later in the month.
Could even be considered a Christmas present I guess.

Commenting on the page of the thread adds nothing to the discussion. If you don't have something to add, you don't NEED to post, you know. :p
We're on Act 92 now, people!

Honestly the only concern I have is playing through the nights stages (I already struggle with egg satellite, and braking is crucial there.) so I kinda wish the spindash thing was an option (or perhaps another form of braking)
You can use the spindash to make instant 180 turns at a fixed speed if you tap the button. In general I found it about as hard as Egg Satelite with regular Super Sonic, but I'll ask our beta testers if they find Egg Satelite too difficult now too. Worst case scenario, I'll make some adjustments post-release!
Will SA-Sonic Have Quotes from when he beats a level? For example:
It's planned! Dunno if we'll make it in-time, but we're absolutely gonna try!
Nothin' wrong with speculating
Feel free to! It gives us a good idea where the interest lies! Sometimes we'll stay quiet about it, maybe we'll de-confirm it, often it will be a "Maybe post-release", but sometimes the answer may surprise you!
I'm waiting for the surprise shadow drop of the mod, and replies here just, "Guys look at addons & More! It's here!!" as if it was christmas day.
We'll announce an exact release date about a week in advance for your convenience, so no need to get anxious. We're aiming to release in late December. Don't expect the 23rd or 25th as release date, we won't rush for an arbitrary release if it'd impact the project badly.
Here's a question, when Sonic transforms into Super Sonic, will he do the "Hmph!" upon transforming like in Sonic Adventure? (Granted, I think that's from the mods, but I still like it)
He does have a "Hmph!" voice clip, but not for the transform animation.

Our lord Metalwario has a big soft spot for Sonic Advance. The GBA games are the closest we've ever gotten to matching Yuji Uekawa's artwork. So by decree of the spriting god, if you select the Advance palette, Super Sonic also uses his own advance palette!
srb20630.gif

As if Super Sonic needs to worry about falling off ledges! He can use Chaos Control to stop his momentum instantly. The ability to warp spacetime is a huge theme in Sonic Adventure 2, I felt it deserved a reference at least!
srb20637.gif

Predictably, enemies caught in the spacetime-warping blast implode.
srb20639.gif

You can use the spindash to make instant 180 turns at a fixed speed if you tap the button. In general I found it about as hard as Egg Satelite with regular Super Sonic, but I'll ask our beta testers if they find Egg Satelite too difficult now too. Worst case scenario, I'll make some adjustments post-release!

Feel free to! It gives us a good idea where the interest lies! Sometimes we'll stay quiet about it, maybe we'll de-confirm it, often it will be a "Maybe post-release", but sometimes the answer may surprise you!

We'll announce an exact release date about a week in advance for your convenience, so no need to get anxious. We're aiming to release in late December. Don't expect the 23rd or 25th as release date, we won't rush for an arbitrary release if it'd impact the project badly.

Our lord Metalwario has a big soft spot for Sonic Advance. The GBA games are the closest we've ever gotten to matching Yuji Uekawa's artwork. So by decree of the spriting god, if you select the Advance palette, Super Sonic also uses his own advance palette!
srb20630.gif

As if Super Sonic needs to worry about falling off ledges! He can use Chaos Control to stop his momentum instantly. The ability to warp spacetime is a huge theme in Sonic Adventure 2, I felt it deserved a reference at least!
srb20637.gif

srb20639.gif
Oh and I feel even more hyped then I did last time, I love how good it looks, it looks even better than your average sonic remake mod

srb20630.gif

srb20637.gif

srb20639.gif
Aaaahahha!!! Chaos control!?!? Woo!
Anyways... dec 23-25 is kinda late december.

srb20637.gif

srb20639.gif
Whoa! What´s next? Every time Super Sonic lands you clear the act? :ohsnap:

I have one question though. It was mentioned, that you try not to have many console commands. So, how many console commands will there be and how can you switch between certain things like the jumpball without the console?

Last edited:

srb20630.gif

srb20637.gif

srb20639.gif
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
This is just SUPER genius! You could've implemented it as just him stopping on a dime with no flare, but instead you went above and beyond and gave Super Sonic yet another trick up his golden sleeves that could be used in a pinch! The only potential flaw with this is that if you're in a stage where you might have to run off a ramp or something, then couldn't this potentially conflict with such scenarios?

Golden Shine's work is never done... all these features and references make it one of the most ambitious sonic characters while also making it very fun to play.

ALL HAIL GOLDEN SHINE AND METALWARIO64.

srb20630.gif

srb20637.gif

srb20639.gif
AN ADVANCE PALETTE LETS GOOOOOOO

I'm sorry I just loved the advace games since I was a kid

AN ADVANCE PALETTE LETS GOOOOOOO

I'm sorry I just loved the advace games since I was a kid
Same. When Heroes and Shadow (and of course, at the time, 06, which ChaosX has managed to redeem quite a bit recently) turned me away from 3D Sonic after loving SA1 and SA2, I stuck with the Advance games, so in my mind, SA1-2 and the Advance games are all one big part of my Sonic experience in the 2000s before I returned to the classics with my Sonic 3 infatuation (I played 1, 2 and & Knuckles as a kid in the 90s, my older brother somehow missing Sonic 3's existence!). That's actually kind of a funny story, since I remember asking my brother as a kid why Sonic & Knuckles wasn't called Sonic 3, only to learn several years later that it was actually the second half of a Sonic 3 that I never knew existed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back