• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one question though. It was mentioned, that you try not to have many console commands. So, how many console commands will there be and how can you switch between certain things like the jumpball without the console?
As few commands as possible. I'm hesitant about another menu due to code bloat, and people would then expect a billion options and a save system soon after. I'll just have to decide soon enough.
832863821554253834.png

Does this mean its optional?
The only potential flaw with this is that if you're in a stage where you might have to run off a ramp or something, then couldn't this potentially conflict with such scenarios?
It's optional. Super Sonic's "Chaos Control instant stop" is just an animation variant for Adventure Sonic's ledge safety feature. Don't hold any direction and you'll be stopped from slipping off ledges. But you'll keep running right off if you hold in the ledge's direction.

Kinda makes me wish someone made a advance level pack
that would be pretty cool! I wonder how well it would work for Adventure Sonic.
Same! Sonic Advance's environments and style perfectly encapsulate that era of Sonic! It really deserves some love!

I wondered if he would have spam dash but i realized it's already broken and hopefully not meant to crash the game.....right?
He does. I did show off the spamdash on Super Sonic's SA1 mode reveal, and also why it wasn't super useful on him.

love the posing, and that's really nice touch, how do I select advanced pallet is that from another addon?
It comes bundled with SA-Sonic! I don't think I showed it off yet on the actual forums, so here!

srb20520.gif

Let me also show off both the SA1 and SA2 modes used in tandem!
srb20590.gif

Emergency!! Emergency! Maximum Threat Level detected! Super Sonic has infiltrated the Eggman base!
...how long can it remain standing?
377339970760736779.png

srb20603.gif

As few commands as possible. I'm hesitant about another menu due to code bloat, and people would then expect a billion options and a save system soon after. I'll just have to decide soon enough.
832863821554253834.png

It's optional. Super Sonic's "Chaos Control instant stop" is just an animation variant for Adventure Sonic's ledge safety feature. Don't hold any direction and you'll be stopped from slipping off ledges. But you'll keep running right off if you hold in the ledge's direction.

Same! Sonic Advance's environments and style perfectly encapsulate that era of Sonic! It really deserves some love!

He does. I did show off the spamdash on Super Sonic's SA1 mode reveal, and also why it wasn't super useful on him.

It comes bundled with SA-Sonic! I don't think I showed it off yet on the actual forums, so here!

srb20520.gif

srb20590.gif

Emergency!! Emergency! Maximum Threat Level detected! Super Sonic has infiltrated the Eggman base!
377339970760736779.png

srb20603.gif
Shrine stop hyping us so much you're gonna kill someone at this point

832863821554253834.png
Sounds about right, I mean personally if added a menus I would be very disappointed it I couldn't change sonic's shoe buckle colour, or one that turns him into tails, these are necessities.
I always wanted to see Chaos Angel added, it's such a good closing stage, I wish they tried to do more stuff with Angel Island it can be so climatic.

srb20520.gif
What I'm made of Intensifies Neato that it's bundled it in looks pretty cool to see the pallet on normal form.
Edit: Almost glossed over how nice that transformation was, I don't think it was complete when we saw the first time, really nice I love how they swirl in so fast and the lights that emerge from it and leftover particles is so good.
srb20590.gif
it can happen so seamlessly too.
377339970760736779.png

srb20603.gif
I feel like you could recreate Unleashed's Opening with this Super Sonic.

832863821554253834.png
I really don't see the problem with a menu. The mario mod does it just fine and no one's complaining the mario mod's menu doesnt have built-in save slots. Up to you though, maybe after SMS's menu you don't want to do that again

832863821554253834.png

srb20520.gif

srb20590.gif

377339970760736779.png

srb20603.gif
Hmmm why don't you use the SA1 Pause menu? it's simple yet effective! It's legit just some blue ovals in a square.

Hmmm why don't you use the SA1 Pause menu? it's simple yet effective! It's legit just some blue ovals in a square.
to add to this, if you make a menu you could do two routes.
Console Command Menu like Mario Menu
Or TossFag menu like Crispy characters, but that might conflict with Crispy menu if both addons are on at once.
But it could house stuff like Advanced Pallet in one place so it could have one command or none.
But it's Ultimately shines call on what might work best, but these are just me spitballing ideas that I think would work best.

to add to this, if you make a menu you could do two routes.
Console Command Menu like Mario Menu
Or TossFag menu like Crispy characters, but that might conflict with Crispy menu if both addons are on at once.
But it could house stuff like Advanced Pallet in one place so it could have one command or none.
But it's Ultimately shines call on what might work best, but these are just me spitballing ideas that I think would work best.
Well, SMS had both a system with tapping spin near the mystic emerald or type in "smsmenu" to open up the menu for SMS, so I think typing in "SA-menu" would work well.

well uh... the chaos control stopped him
*Rimshot intensifies*

832863821554253834.png

srb20520.gif

srb20590.gif

377339970760736779.png

srb20603.gif

ALL HAIL ADVENTURE SUPER SONIC! All these showcases always makes me excited.

832863821554253834.png

srb20520.gif

srb20590.gif

377339970760736779.png

srb20603.gif
Why i feel that SA-Sonic it's almost to release?

Everything you know could be an illusion

I get the feeling there's still plenty to do before he's ready to ship
I agree. Despite everyone being really excited, we should at least lower our expectations about the release date, you may never know what could happen. It's really a miracle that everything has been going as well as it has been, but something could mess up SA-Sonic's release date anytime.

It's best if we wait and just be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back