• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoutout to Soniku11's character zone test for being a surprisingly entertaining place to run around in and test stuff!
srb20468.gif

It's like these trails were made for the Lightdash, even though the gaps suggest they weren't.
srb20471.gif

I have the ambition to make this happen, but audiofiles and special mode interactions take up alot of space and code bloat, and we'd prefer to keep SA-Sonic grounded. Unless SRB2 suddenly gets a massive performance boost both netplay and FPS-wise, that'll remain the goal! We're already more complex than originally intended.

As far as I know, SMSreborn and SA-Sonic are the only ones.

Damn straight. You're all super chads, and we love you all.
868463770723303444.png

No reference to that now, but could it become a possibility if we put in Battlemod support one day.

Yeah, be careful! Being fast is fun and a godsend in earlier stages, but getting hurt shaves off much more time than the extra speed can compensate for. Had to learn that the hard way when I tried to spin-spam my way through Black Hole Zone.

It's a novelty easter egg, I feel it'd lose it's luster if you had to go out of your way to add in an easter egg.

That's the goal! Our first wave of testers have been able to pick him up quite well, so it looks like we're hitting our target!

50. Hanging, Bubble Gasp, and rolling frames. That'll be the last time I comment on this, because people might impatient on Metal when they learn these are technically done.

The harvest of organs that must not be named is going smoothly...

Sorry to keep you waiting! Let's dive into Super Sonic's SA1 gameplay style!

You do not gain any jumpheight like with usual superforms.
srb20473.gif

Unlike SA1 you won't lose any abilities, but most of them haven't gotten a true "Super" power up either. Spindash and thok as much as you like, but you'll never reach your true potential relying on them like in base form. So what's the appeal from SA1-mode?
srb20475.gif

Those who've beaten Sonic Adventure 1 know! Super Sonic gradually speeds up while airborne, AKA, inverted air drag! This means the fastest way to travel is not through any of your abilities, but rather making incredible leaps through the air! Break your limits by leaping and you'll eventually turn into a Blue Bolt of Lightning! We'll call it the Blue Bolt for short!
srb20476.gif

In Blue Bolt, you're at your absolute fastest and become unstoppable! You emit constant shockwaves destroying enemies nearby, any object that would block you is pierced like butter or flung skyward, and you can slide generously across walls like you would when spindashing!
srb20484.gif

srb20490.gif

For insanely fast movement potential or traditional play, use SA1-style. Want a leisurely time or desire the freedom of flight? Use SA2-style! There's more to show yet, but I promise you SA-Sonic remembered to put the "super" in superform.
Actually, there's others that get affected by NiGHTS mode, like Mario where he turns into Flying Mario, or Pointy Sonic and Fluffy Tails where they turn into ACTUAL NiGHTS.

Well, it looks like we're at the end game here. With SA-Sonic so close to completion. I think this calls for a celebration of some kind! Preferably with Sonic Adventure music and Crush 40. Because this is an experience people are gonna live and learn from.

Actually, there's others that get affected by NiGHTS mode, like Mario where he turns into Flying Mario, or Pointy Sonic and Fluffy Tails where they turn into ACTUAL NiGHTS.
I don't recall Mario and Pointy/Fluffy changing the gameplay of NiGHTS levels, which is what I believe they were referring when they mentioned SA-Sonic and SMSReborn; technically I don't think other characters change up how NiGHTS levels are played.

If anyone knows of others though, feel free to correct me!

90 pages....
WOOOO!
Also may i add that uhmhmhmhmmmmm
That i think supersonicadventure1onic Might be faster than a non Custom1-ing / running Sms!!!
Also blue bolt or blu Steam is pretty cool n all!
kinda wish i wasnt spoiled on everything oh well!

Shoutout to Soniku11's character zone test for being a surprisingly entertaining place to run around in and test stuff!
srb20468.gif

It's like these trails were made for the Lightdash, even though the gaps suggest they weren't.
srb20471.gif

I have the ambition to make this happen, but audiofiles and special mode interactions take up alot of space and code bloat, and we'd prefer to keep SA-Sonic grounded. Unless SRB2 suddenly gets a massive performance boost both netplay and FPS-wise, that'll remain the goal! We're already more complex than originally intended.

868463770723303444.png

No reference to that now, but could it become a possibility if we put in Battlemod support one day.

Yeah, be careful! Being fast is fun and a godsend in earlier stages, but getting hurt shaves off much more time than the extra speed can compensate for. Had to learn that the hard way when I tried to spin-spam my way through Black Hole Zone.

It's a novelty easter egg, I feel it'd lose it's luster if you had to go out of your way to add in an easter egg.

That's the goal! Our first wave of testers have been able to pick him up quite well, so it looks like we're hitting our target!

50. Hanging, Bubble Gasp, and rolling frames. That'll be the last time I comment on this, because people might impatient on Metal when they learn these are technically done.

srb20473.gif

Unlike SA1 you won't lose any abilities, but most of them haven't gotten a true "Super" power up either. Spindash and thok as much as you like, but you'll never reach your true potential relying on them like in base form. So what's the appeal from SA1-mode?
srb20475.gif

Those who've beaten Sonic Adventure 1 know! Super Sonic gradually speeds up while airborne, AKA, inverted air drag! This means the fastest way to travel is not through any of your abilities, but rather making incredible leaps through the air! Break your limits by leaping and you'll eventually turn into a Blue Bolt of Lightning! We'll call it the Blue Bolt for short!
srb20476.gif

In Blue Bolt, you're at your absolute fastest and become unstoppable! You emit constant shockwaves destroying enemies nearby, any object that would block you is pierced like butter or flung skyward, and you can slide generously across walls like you would when spindashing!
srb20484.gif

srb20490.gif

For insanely fast movement potential or traditional play, use SA1-style. Want a leisurely time or desire the freedom of flight? Use SA2-style! There's more to show yet, but I promise you SA-Sonic remembered to put the "super" in superform.
This addon is literally going to be everywhere once it releases, no escape just SA1 sonic everywhere. and when that does happen THAT JUST MEANS EVERYBODY LOVES IT! :wonderful:

I don't recall Mario and Pointy/Fluffy changing the gameplay of NiGHTS levels, which is what I believe they were referring when they mentioned SA-Sonic and SMSReborn; technically I don't think other characters change up how NiGHTS levels are played.

If anyone knows of others though, feel free to correct me!
Yeah, thats what I meant. Not the sprites, the abilities they get.

srb20468.gif

srb20471.gif

868463770723303444.png

srb20473.gif

srb20475.gif

srb20476.gif

srb20484.gif

srb20490.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS JUST SO COOL
My inner childhood went absolutely WILD at the first Blue Bolt demonstration gif there and I just started making whooshing noises with my mouth like I used to as a kid. GOD you've really captured the true essence of SUPER SONIC SPEED here!

is there a discord for SA-Sonic?
The Sonic Adventure Sonic for Sonic Robo Blast 2™ Discord is not open to the public.

Ahem, Anyways... Im thinking it will take 10 - 15~ more days.

Because he made 5 in a day, So that would be around...
1 sprite every 3~ Hours.
I (and Metalwario too, I'm sure) wish it were that predictable.

Was talking gameplay-wise. Unless they have different abilities too, then I didn't notice.
kinda wish i wasn't spoiled on everything oh well!
We did warn in advance Super Sonic stuff was coming. And there's still surprises, you haven't seen it at all just yet!

Adventure Super Sonic gets all the speed shoes buffs! That means spindashes charge faster, but also he can access SA2's superbounce! Here's a Super Sonic-only route. Adventure Sonic with runshoes alone wouldn't have even made 1/3rd of that gap!
srb20497.gif

A bit more of the unstoppable Blue Bolt in action!
srb20502.gif

You all been digging Super Sonic's "spike physics"? Metal went out of his way to animate Super Sonic in a way that allowed me to have Sonic's spikes react to the intensity of his recent movements.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS JUST SO COOL
My inner childhood went absolutely WILD at the first Blue Bolt demonstration gif there and I just started making whooshing noises with my mouth like I used to as a kid. GOD you've really captured the true essence of SUPER SONIC SPEED here!
It definitely makes a satisfying whooshing noise in-game too. Not that it does that in SA1, but I couldn't help myself.

Not really SA1 but more like SA2
Definitely both! Fun fact, Metalwario found out SA2's game model is basically an optimized SA1 CGI-cutscene model. In essence the two are not so different! Even Yuji Uekawa's later art for SA1 looks almost exactly like SA2's art pieces.

Honestly the only concern I have is playing through the nights stages (I already struggle with egg satellite, and braking is crucial there.) so I kinda wish the spindash thing was an option (or perhaps another form of braking)

Well yes, but actually no. Fairly certain Golden and Metal are the only people with access to SA-Sonic.
Alright, I heard about it but I didn't hear anything about it after, and it's getting closer to release so I was wondering if that happned and it was just hush, hush, don't spoil stuff thing.
srb20468.gif

srb20471.gif
Huh those do look pretty nice might have to try it out as well, also could be possible it was made for Modern Sonic in mind I don't think the gaps would affect him, seems a bit odd to have just a large trail that serves no real purpose.
I assume these are all rough ideas or place holder version 'It's done" but it's probably in need of tweaking to make it as fluid and natural looking as possible.
srb20473.gif
srb20475.gif
srb20476.gif

srb20484.gif

srb20490.gif
When you can fly a better jump isn't needed, kind of refreshing that instead of getting buffed abilities you just get blistering speeds and access super bounce.
Effects so fancy.
Adventure Super Sonic gets all the speed shoes buffs! That means spindashes charge faster, but also he can access SA2's superbounce! Here's a Super Sonic-only route. Adventure Sonic with runshoes alone wouldn't have even made 1/3rd of that gap!
srb20497.gif

A bit more of the unstoppable Blue Bolt in action!
srb20502.gif

You all been digging Super Sonic's "spike physics"? Metal went out of his way to animate Super Sonic in a way that allowed me to have Sonic's spikes react to the intensity of his recent movements.
Yeah that looks nice loving the animation details for the quills, and watching everything go flying even those foam finger egg robo's is so satisfying, I can only imagine what feels to be literally unstoppable don't even need to have a perfect understanding of the obstacles to avoid bumping into them when sonic can just obliterate it.

I don't remember if it's been asked but will he have win quotes after beating a stage? I feel like he probably has the stage clear theme and it might have been said already but we like 1,792 posts in now.
Well I have to clean the Metalwario shine off now.

Oh! With how people have modded the game to give mod characters 3d models, in before someone does so for SA-Sonic with it being either his model from the dreamcast or gamecube version of Sonic Adventure.

Will SA-Sonic Have Quotes from when he beats a level? For example:

Will SA-Sonic Have Quotes from when he beats a level? For example:
That could be an update after the mod is finished or not implemented at all

That could be an update after the mod is finished or not implemented at all
Could you like, idk, not answer questions about a project you aren’t even a part of? It’s essentially spreading false information and doesn’t reflect MetalWario or Shine’s vision of the character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back