• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty everyone, I've had enough energy and am at furu pawaa now, so let's chill with the image spam so as to not get this thread locked!

Goku_full_power.jpg

No, we're trying to avoid console command bloat where-ever possible.
oh yeah I think you said that before actually, oops.
Notice how the C3 icon never went away after transforming? Whenever it's on-screen, press the transform button to manually swap between SA1 and SA2-style Super Sonic gameplay. Ah, so that's where the yellow aura went after transforming!
srb20382.gif
there we go makes much more sense, and the fancy effect I'm sure everyone can open their heart up to.
Sometimes Metal's sprites are so awe-inspiring you forget to watch your ring count. In SA2, a fiery atmosphere-entry aura envelops Sonic when the earth's about to be lost. While there's no such event here, your auras still change color if you're on your last rings!
srb20383.gif
I can feel that with a lot of mods, I'm supposed to go fast but sometimes I can help but admire the work that went into these addons.
Manually switching is optional. Landing on the ground swaps you to SA1's gameplay style, while death pits have Sonic automatically take flight. Just don't run out of rings at the wrong time!
srb20379.gif
I love how the effects change like in SA2 when the ark gets closer to crashing into earth, nice way to reference by having low ring energy.
We're at 80 sprites left! Give Wario your energy!

Attachments

• Spirit bomb, goku.jpg
    Spirit bomb, goku.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 69
Metal seems like the type of guy who would finish this mod, and then proceed to go, “ Welp, time to make a version of this mod but all the sprites are based off of SA2-Shadow!”

Damn 80 sprites left? We are pretty close to spriting being finished, nice one MW64.
Also will Super Sonic have different types of moves depending on the styles (SA1 and SA2) he has both ground and airborne? (The C3 switch thing)

SA-Sonic_Metalwario64_Spirit_Bomb.gif

It's working!! 63 sprites left! I might be unable to quote some of your posts because of MB lag, but your energy, hopes, and livers have not gone unnoticed! Have some basic movement to tie you over! We'll go in-depth on SA1 mode later, but first there's something else to show!
srb20394.gif

As a note...images, dicking around, and simping should all be fine, so long as it comes with on-topic feedback! If anyone has any questions about things already shown somewhere in this 85 page thread, feel free to answer for them or link them to original post!
I can feel that with a lot of mods, I'm supposed to go fast but sometimes I can help but admire the work that went into these addons.
As SA-Sonic is one of the few mods to encourage "simple mode" and controllers, you'll probably get a lot more opportunities to see sprites from different angles than normal!
908517024576196648.gif

You know I'm excited to see see this mod infact seeing one of shines mods made me want to join message board anyway
That's awesome! If you could adapt to both SMS and Samus, I'm sure SA-Sonic will be no problem at all.

-Picture of Sonic holding a spirit bomb-
-Golden Shine loved that-
802302419417038891.png

Being able to manually swap sounds super useful, but that's nice that you swap when landing! That should make controlling Super really fluid- and oh my god those sprites not only look amazing but that AURA! That is super clever to make it change colour when you're on your last rings, and really adds to Super's whole badass style. When you see that aura change, you know to give it your all! I also want to say the extra sparkles when you go Super are really cool, they just add even more to his powerful aura without going overboard, and I even mistook it as a level effect on some gifs!

Anyways, both of you! Take some of my energy!! \o/ You two seriously are knocking it out of the park and hype is going through the roof!
We thought we could do better than our first Golden Shield-attempt, and lo and behold, we did! Super Sonic's always been more mystical/mysterious than "Super Saiyan"-esque, at least in the Adventure era, so we've been avoiding being too DBZ-esque. Thanks for the constant awesome feedback!
686894955490312192.png

Metal seems like the type of guy who would finish this mod, and then proceed to go, “ Welp, time to make a version of this mod but all the sprites are based off of SA2-Shadow!”
If he did, I certainly wouldn't have to do much on my end. Remove the bounce and replace the spamdash with the somersault and I'm technically done.

SA-Sonic_Metalwario64_Spirit_Bomb.gif

It's working!! 63 sprites left! I might be unable to quote some of your posts because of MB lag, but your energy, hopes, and livers have not gone unnoticed! Have some basic movement to tie you over! We'll go in-depth on SA1 mode later, but first there's something else to show!
srb20394.gif

As a note...images, dicking around, and simping should all be fine, so long as it comes with on-topic feedback! If anyone has any questions about things already shown somewhere in this 85 page thread, feel free to answer for them or link them to original post!

As SA-Sonic is one of the few mods to encourage "simple mode" and controllers, you'll probably get a lot more opportunities to see sprites from different angles than normal!
908517024576196648.gif

That's awesome! If you could adapt to both SMS and Samus, I'm sure SA-Sonic will be no problem at all.

-Golden Shine loved that-
802302419417038891.png

We thought we could do better than our first Golden Shield-attempt, and lo and behold, we did! Super Sonic's always been more mystical/mysterious than "Super Saiyan"-esque, at least in the Adventure era, so we've been avoiding being too DBZ-esque. Thanks for the constant awesome feedback!
686894955490312192.png

If he did, I certainly wouldn't have to do much on my end. Remove the bounce and replace the spamdash with the somersault and I'm technically done.
Maybe no November Black Friday release, but maybe next week?

Overall, let's give the mods our support!
(And simp cards. I already gave them my Simp card and I need to reregister my secondary.)
Let's Open our Hearts!

Hopefully, we'll see it very soon.

Um, here's a thought though. To spread out the mod rather than let it just be on the MB, maybe a YT (Discord, Drive, MediaFire) and Gamebanana release? Just for release week so the MB will not crash from user overload. This morning was enough already-

The gif you made looks really good :lol: and for the replying is very understandable. But Metal actually made 27 sprites that fast?! My gosh… what a mad man!
but your energy, hopes, and livers
Oh so that’s why there’s a hole in my body… better return that… Wait how did you find my address-?

Right, I got a lot of posts to issue warnings about.

But to all of you frequenting this topic... guy makes one joke, and then y'all take the ball and sprint with it. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but y'all need to stop treating this like Discord or a chat room, and just talk about the subject at hand. You need to calm down, and stop going on chain tangents about one line taken out of context, or some topic that literally has nothing to do with the topic. It's gotten far beyond the point where the topic is even readable for folks who just want to know how SA-Sonic is going. It gets drowned out by... [Checks the last pages]... Livers and spirit bombs? This is not what anybody would be here for, except those using this as a chat room.

On a forum, you need to actually talk about the topic, that's why they're called topics.

Right, I got a lot of posts to issue warnings about.

But to all of you frequenting this topic... guy makes one joke, and then y'all take the ball and sprint with it. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but y'all need to stop treating this like Discord or a chat room, and just talk about the subject at hand. You need to calm down, and stop going on chain tangents about one line taken out of context, or some topic that literally has nothing to do with the topic. On a foru, you need to actually talk about the topic, that's why they're called topics.
reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back