• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
That a real thing anybody actually wants? 'cause I can shoehorn it in. (SA-Sonic doesn't have any shield abilities other than the Whirlwind Shield saving him from death pits once, so it's not really invalidating anything)

Update! Things are going well!

Lua-wise, I'm about 90% done on Base Sonic, and 75% done on Super Sonic. Currently messing with effects and some small control tweaks. Still careful with what I can show, but here, have some GIFs in action! (Super Sonic sprites obviously not done yet)

srb20906.gif

SA-Sonic in motion! One of these days you'll see him jump and use his actual moves, I promise. :P

srb20898.gif

Deaths have unique animations. In fact, fall into the space+earth skybox and you'll even catch fire.

srb20913.gif

Trolololololo--hohohohoho. Switch between SA2 and SA1's Super Sonic playstyles any time!

srb20880.gif

Definitely not a placeholder death sprite.
Man Um that looks really good also from a count from 1 to 10 how much would you say you guys completed the sprites for Base Sonic?

So, we're 10% away from Base Sonic and 25% away from Super Sonic. Nice!
Remember, I said it was completed that far on my side. I don't do the spriting.

Man Um that looks really good also from a count from 1 to 10 how much would you say you guys completed the sprites for Base Sonic?

Sonic: Edge frames, death, drown, bubble gasp, waiting, CSS, and lastly the Life Icon! (Current one's a placeholder)

Super Sonic: Hasn't started yet.

As a reminder, the release was estimated for August! Sprites are time-consuming to do, especially of this quality. I've put in visual effects that can replaced later or left as is, to at least take that hurdle away.

srb20932.gif

If we all come together and raise our hands to give Metalwario64 our energy, he'll gather the power to blow us all away!

This looks just amazing!
I don´t know if this is true, but I noticed that this runing animation looks like the one from SA1 and the other ,from the first post, like the one from SA2. So, is it possible to change between these two?

This looks just amazing!
I don´t know if this is true, but I noticed that this runing animation looks like the one from SA1 and the other ,from the first post, like the one from SA2. So, is it possible to change between these two?
It's the same SA2 run. The SA2 run is basically a more detailed and natural version of the SA1 version with more naturally bobbing arms. It also technically replaces the full speed one from SA1 where he stops bobbing and his legs start smearing (in the DC version), and in SA2 the animation that he caps at without assistance from slopes and boosters is the one where his arms are still swinging back and forth, which makes things feel kind of off.

It's the same SA2 run. The SA2 run is basically a more detailed and natural version of the SA1 version with more naturally bobbing arms. It also technically replaces the full speed one from SA1 where he stops bobbing and his legs start smearing (in the DC version), and in SA2 the animation that he caps at without assistance from slopes and boosters is the one where his arms are still swinging back and forth, which makes things feel kind of off.
Ahhh... ok. This is cool. This is even cooler than I thought! Take your time to finish and make it outstanding!

remembers me a quite to SA-2, i haven't finished it so i can't say anything about super sonic, i only say that super shield looks good
The shield makes me feel like the ones Tails and Knux get in the heroes final boss.
Post automatically merged:

Remember, I said it was completed that far on my side. I don't do the spriting.

Sonic: Edge frames, death, drown, bubble gasp, waiting, CSS, and lastly the Life Icon! (Current one's a placeholder)

Super Sonic: Hasn't started yet.

As a reminder, the release was estimated for August! Sprites are time-consuming to do, especially of this quality. I've put in visual effects that can replaced later or left as is, to at least take that hurdle away.

srb20932.gif

If we all come together and raise our hands to give Metalwario64 our energy, he'll gather the power to blow us all away!
*Raises his hand, Giving M.W his ultimate chaos powers*

Almost broke my Keyboard looking at that GIF. I hate ya'll for giving me so much Hyperbole JK. But keep up the awesome work my fingers can't wait to touch Sonic. Just gonna let that sit for awhile.

I see from the debug info that he has the homing thok. I hope it's modified because the vanilla one just slows you down.
Are both the lightspeed dash and lightspeed attack going to be abilities for this guy? If so, will they use rotsprite?
Homing Attack's definitely modified. Naturally he has the Lightspeed Dash and attack. You'll have a good idea how this'll play if you've ran both Adventure games. Adventure Sonic's versatile and easy to control, but to make the most of your speed you'll have to stay grounded as much as possible!
Almost broke my Keyboard looking at that GIF. I hate ya'll for giving me so much Hyperbole JK. But keep up the awesome work my fingers can't wait to touch Sonic. Just gonna let that sit for awhile.
Oh dear. Stick to your keyboard. ...maybe clean them first.
This looks just amazing!
There's a mild ghost effect like SA1 when going truly fast, but for the most part the animations and proportions reference SA2! We did implement an SA1-style jump option for those who prefer that over the default SA2-styled jump. Purely cosmetic.

We'll probably show more than the basic running stuff when Super Sonic's sprites are halfway done!

Attachments

• srb20951.gif
    srb20951.gif
    5 MB · Views: 221
Homing Attack's definitely modified. Naturally he has the Lightspeed Dash and attack. You'll have a good idea how this'll play if you've ran both Adventure games. Adventure Sonic's versatile and easy to control, but to make the most of your speed you'll have to stay grounded as much as possible!

Oh dear. Stick to your keyboard. ...maybe clean them first.

There's a mild ghost effect like SA1 when going truly fast, but for the most part the animations and proportions reference SA2! We did implement an SA1-style jump option for those who prefer that over the default SA2-styled jump. Purely cosmetic.

We'll probably show more than the basic running stuff when Super Sonic's sprites are halfway done!
oooooo is that a level I see? Is it with the addon itself or with a different addon? If it's another addon then I am unaware of what it is.

Then this is like Sonic Mania or Sonic CD. For earning speed you get a cool looking animation like a reward and this makes you want to go fast, to see this animation. Very great idea to implement SA1 and SA2 in just only runing.

So, i don't get why the spin sprites aren't done, maybe it's gonna take half a month to make? Maybe we just don't have that much time on our hands before the age of the antichrist? Maybe it's just a placeholder? Actually, i think the first and third choice are the good ones. (No, it's not nitpicking, nor negative criticism, nor a way to beg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back