• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I based my Advance supercolor on the Adv 2-3 sprites which used the lighter yellow shade for the shadows instead of the more brownish orange ones from Adv 1:
Advance 1 on the left, Advance 2 on the right:

MES7Ye5.png

UQQbVX7.png

The big thing is there just aren't that many shades in between orange and yellow in SRB2, which is why I went with the palette I did.

I did previously try my best to match the Advance 1 palette with the transition into oranges, but I found the orange to be way too saturated and overpowered for my taste:
1LAACqh.png
Shoulda just made him 1 color.
Like a lamp.

I based my Advance supercolor on the Adv 2-3 sprites which used the lighter yellow shade for the shadows instead of the more brownish orange ones from Adv 1:

MES7Ye5.png

UQQbVX7.png

The big thing is there just aren't that many shades in between orange and yellow in SRB2, which is why I went with the palette I did.

I did previously try my best to match the Advance 1 palette with the transition into oranges, but I found the orange to be way too saturated and overpowered for my taste:
1LAACqh.png
Yeah it just looks a little off, on a small sprite it looks good but on a much larger sprite it becomes way to much.
Also I've been looking back to compare the normal colours with the advanced palette, it's a little hard to tell because Super is moving in all of those gifs but the eyes also changed to match Advanced sprite more is nice touch.

Last edited:

MES7Ye5.png

UQQbVX7.png

1LAACqh.png
Oh, well now I see why the orange wasn't used, it looks weird, I guess it just didn't need it.

Dude I've been seeing you responding, but it's only to correct someone as far as I know and they come off a bit rude now if you were a mod that's a whole nother story but it comes of as mini moding ( I think that's what it's called). what I'm trying to say is let the mods handle it if they wanna keep doing it and defying the mods word then let them get banned, also it's not the only thing we're here for, it's to show that we love this project and it's creator everything that has been said was to encourage wario and shine showing the length people would go for them and letting them know this project means a lot to all of us, I'm going stop talking now but I just wanted to get that off my chest I'm sorry if you found this offensive but it wasn't meant to be disrespectful
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for going on and on
I wasn’t even mini modding here? I was just telling him the reason why we’re this far up on page count

MES7Ye5.png

UQQbVX7.png

1LAACqh.png
Big Yikes on the Advance 1 palette. I thought I was the only one that looked at the fine details of the many shades of Sonic.

Hmmm why don't you use the SA1 Pause menu? it's simple yet effective! It's legit just some blue ovals in a square.
That does sound like the way to go. I'll see if I can make that happen, then.
587533761210482689.png

Everything you know could be an illusion

I get the feeling there's still plenty to do before he's ready to ship
True, but I'm not going to just sit still and let the month pass me by. At this point, Metalwario's approaching "extra" territory, so it's mostly left to me. And the Lua-side of things can go a LOT faster than the spriting side.
Possibly sa2 as well
SA2's intro? The entire GUN helicopter would explode if Super Sonic was in it.
Its just like looking at a lamp.
Oh my ffff--...look, I made this meme, and I can take it away!! ( ...I wish
857742228780875796.png
)

Very true, it looks complete because we see all the completed stuff, but in the background SA Sonic using Spin Dash on the ledge then going back could teleport him into the sky and disable the use of light dash, only fixed by existing the game.
The main issues remaining are a need for optimization, mostly from all the debug options. The worst bug right now is a bug that makes the CEZ3 boss invincible, and it'll absolutely be fixed by the end of today!
How much is the mod is done because we have seen some of the super sonic sprites finished
I believe we're on-route for the estimated December release! I'm no longer going to announce sprites remaining at this point. Just know you'll hear at least a week beforehand when the exact release day will be!

Oh, well now I see why the orange wasn't used, it looks weird, I guess it just didn't need it.
NP! For the record, we appreciate the criticism! (...well, I say "we" prematurely. Who knows, maybe Wario hates your guts now!
316738199626186763.png
)

Cool Sonic Heroes Reference.:wonderful: Like at the final super sonic boss.

Is this intended?
Yeah! I've shown off the Golden Shield before, but let me go over it again in detail!

Go near Super Sonic without a shield to receive it. The Golden Shield protects from all elemental damage as well as spikes. Fall in a death pit and it'll boost you out once like SA-Sonic's own whirlwind shield ability. If you're super, the elemental protection won't matter, but your ring drain will be halved!

Keep in mind, the Golden Shield is linked to Super Sonic, so if he untransforms, the shield vanishes!
srb20549.gif

A flying Adventure Super Sonic can carry others players! Guess we don't need Tails anymore!
srb20544.gif

This is still around too! If you see Adventure Sonic charging a spindash, you may vault-jump off him for extra height! You can also do so from players holding a Lightspeed Charge, because it'd be annoying when the Ancient Light cuts off your spincharge otherwise.
srb20534.gif

Try doing this in conjunction with a spindash and glide or MetalSonic's float to really go zooming!

NP! For the record, we appreciate the criticism! (...well, I say "we" prematurely. Who knows, maybe Wario hates your guts now!
316738199626186763.png
)
Thanks, I'll make sure to keep some happy inside of me (But darn man, I'm not sure which Wario you're talking about, but okay.)

Go near Super Sonic without a shield to receive it. The Golden Shield protects from all elemental damage as well as spikes. Fall in a death pit and it'll boost you out once like SA-Sonic's own whirlwind shield ability. If you're super, the elemental protection won't matter, but your ring drain will be halved!

Keep in mind, the Golden Shield is linked to Super Sonic, so if he untransforms, the shield vanishes!
srb20549.gif
Okay, now that's cool! Might wanna see if it works with SMS when it releases...

A flying Adventure Super Sonic can carry others players! Guess we don't need Tails anymore!
srb20544.gif
Woah, actually way better than Tails. So innovative, looks like we won't need HIM anymore!

This is still around too! If you see Adventure Sonic charging a spindash, you may vault-jump off him for extra height! You can also do so from players holding a Lightspeed Charge, because it'd be annoying when the Ancient Light cuts off your spincharge otherwise.
srb20534.gif

Try doing this in conjunction with a spindash and glide or MetalSonic's float to really go zooming!
So it's the Super-Leap except better? Alright!

That does sound like the way to go. I'll see if I can make that happen, then.
587533761210482689.png

True, but I'm not going to just sit still and let the month pass me by. At this point, Metalwario's approaching "extra" territory, so it's mostly left to me. And the Lua-side of things can go a LOT faster than the spriting side.

SA2's intro? The entire GUN helicopter would explode if Super Sonic was in it.

857742228780875796.png
)

The main issues remaining are a need for optimization, mostly from all the debug options. The worst bug right now is a bug that makes the CEZ3 boss invincible, and it'll absolutely be fixed by the end of today!

I believe we're on-route for the estimated December release! I'm no longer going to announce sprites remaining at this point. Just know you'll hear at least a week beforehand when the exact release day will be!

316738199626186763.png
)

Yeah! I've shown off the Golden Shield before, but let me go over it again in detail!

srb20549.gif

srb20544.gif

srb20534.gif

Man,I really dig how SMS has abilities that encourage working together with other players and it's sweet you're doing something similar again here

srb20549.gif
I really love these power sharing stuff, really makes multiplayer more fun.
srb20544.gif
Tails can finally rest his tails and let Sonic do all the flying from now on.
That does maker wonder, could you stack every sonic onto him? Like just a Sonic Ladder.
srb20534.gif

I kind of want to see big puzzles maps that involves using stuff like this to get gy, like vaulting players to the other side, or power sharing.
I feel like that could be fun, focusing on working together to complete the map.
857742228780875796.png
)
this is your legacy, you can only embrace it now.
Thumbs up.jpg Good luck!

Wonder what sort of thing will be next on the list of Sonic mods done for this game? Will someone mod in Movie Sonic and Movie Tails into the game? With it somehow also making Eggman look like his movie design as well? That would probably be another thing of craziness.

Wonder what sort of thing will be next on the list of Sonic mods done for this game? Will someone mod in Movie Sonic and Movie Tails into the game? With it somehow also making Eggman look like his movie design as well? That would probably be another thing of craziness.
Sonic Adventure 8 Sonic from the gameboy colour of course is the next logical step, then Sonic Underground Sonic.
Joking aside I wonder how long it will take until people run out of ideas sonic addons? As far I know the possibilities are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back