• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
The creator of FastSonic must be sad that there CREATION is being called a FAKER
I feel devastated for my shitty edit. :P (Those are just SSN-Sonic sprites. The same Sonic we had in older SRB2 versions)

Is sonic gonna have a custom Homing attack reticle? Or just use the standard one like in that image?
I considered removing the reticle. There was none until Sonic Unleashed(3D Blast aside). But it's convenient and non-intrusive without that obnoxious beeping sound, so if Metal thinks it's cool, we'll keep it. I also believe SA1 would've used the 3D blast targeting reticle if it did have one.
Does he accelerate more slowly? Is he super slippery like vanilla srb2? If isn't thats amazing and will be a esstinal srb2 mod. Also uh so if its almost done are ya'll accepting beta testers? You should probably just make a google form lmao
I did show a comparison GIF of the custom physics a few posts back. I've been doing this for a while, though, so I can't blame anyone for not digging through 44+ pages. As for acceleration, yeah, it's much slower. It's part of the reason we needed custom physics for SA-Sonic to swerve left and right quickly, since acceleration directly affects the responsiveness of your controls in SRB2.

Whats the next thing after this project is done?
Probably tuning up SMS, maybe polishing up Golden Ruins or this random stage I've been playing around with. Not sure.

You can home/bounce into speed boosters just as well.
srb21641.gif

srb21661.gif

SRB2 developers love trolling you with Eggman monitors hiding in places where you can't make them out unless you stop everything you're doing. Doubly annoying when you're forced to lock onto these things. Tripley so when the lock-on is zipping between the real and trap monitors inches away from each other. So I promise you...REVENGE!
srb21651.gif

Homing Attacks destroy Eggman monitors. You'll still get hurt otherwise. Rather than get into fights with the Lock-On or stop what you're doing, use homing attacks if you suspect monitors may be traps and be on your merry way.

Unrelated. A weird glitch in this stage where you jump without...jumping. (Happens to all characters, not an SA-Sonic glitch.)
srb21642.gif

And for funsies, a familiar section. Hard to believe this SA2 pack is about 15 years old.
srb21653.gif

SRB2 developers love trolling you with Eggman monitors hiding in places where you can't make them out unless you stop everything you're doing. Doubly annoying when you're forced to lock onto these things. Tripley so when the lock-on is zipping between the real and trap monitors inches away from each other. So I promise you...REVENGE!
srb21651.gif

Homing Attacks destroy Eggman monitors. You'll still get hurt otherwise. Rather than get into fights with the Lock-On or stop what you're doing, use homing attacks if you suspect monitors may be traps and be on your merry way.
This is the most "Nope not anymore" moment ever, i HATE those monitors, thank GOD someone actually does this, man Sa-Sonic keeps suprising me every time.
Also, what's Sa-Sonic max speed? In fracunits (vanilla Sonic is 36 at running, but i mean sa-sonic at FULL speed, like that one Radical Train gif)
Sorry if you said this some post ago, its just that i cant keep up with the thread 😂

I considered removing the reticle. There was none until Sonic Unleashed(3D Blast aside). But it's convenient and non-intrusive without that obnoxious beeping sound, so if Metal thinks it's cool, we'll keep it. I also believe SA1 would've used the 3D blast targeting reticle if it did have one.
Maybe add a command to turn off and on the reticle? also have it turned off by default to stay even more true to the adventure games of course, it might be too late to add this suggestion since the reticle is already gone

Btw, does super sonic have boost he had in the perfect chaos?

Just wondering if it would have a custom version that would like it came out of the adventure era despite it never having one, it probably best to keep it just because it's good for the player to know what they are being locked onto, it's important info.
Only reasons SA sonic didn't have one was because homing attack chains were super close together so you wouldn't need it.

srb21651.gif

That's interesting also noticed sonic doing a the little ramp trick at the start.

Uh the level is still compatible? Then why do people say srb2 heroes doesn’t work on 2.2
Post automatically merged:

Holy shit this is so exciting. Srb2 with good physics.
the level in question was most likely ported. unchanged 2.1 mods will not work in 2.2

Man, i scrolled all the pages to see all the updates and improvment, and O H G O D, it took me some time LOL, good luck with finishing whats left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back