• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really amazing to see all the progression from the start of this addon to now, Super sprite and tweaks/fixes are the only things that need to be done to really finish it.
I Guess you could say it was quiet the Adventure.

Yeah that be cool. And maybe make other be used with Super Sonic Button but for those who are like Armaggedon and make something like Whirlwind have a passive ability
I showed Whirlwind's ability a while ago, but you can now manually detonate the Armageddon shield!

srb21613.gif

I think this is the only question that i think i can possibly ask but will he have battle mod support?
Depends on if Metal really wants it. It'd clutter up the code with tons of balancing tweaks, and I don't care for Battle Mod personally.

Here's more SA-homing quirks. No "momentum" homing attacks, that doesn't feel very "Adventure", but we have improved control!
srb21617.gif

Don't see it? Compare it to ol' faker over here. I'm holding forwards the ENTIRE time after the homing attack.
srb21630.gif

Balloons!
srb21628.gif

This is....pretty tricky to uphold. You could make this a contest.
srb21627.gif

Here's more SA-homing quirks. No "momentum" homing attacks, that doesn't feel very "Adventure", but we have improved control!
srb21617.gif

Don't see it? Compare it to ol' faker over here. I'm holding forwards the ENTIRE time after the homing attack.
srb21630.gif
Ah yes, finally an Adventure accurate Homing Attack that isn't just "Use the spring and fall frames when you home-on an enemy and lose the momentum so you stay at the spot for a limited amount of time until you thok out of that space."

Last edited:
I showed Whirlwind's ability a while ago, but you can now manually detonate the Armageddon shield!

srb21613.gif

Depends on if Metal really wants it. It'd clutter up the code with tons of balancing tweaks, and I don't care for Battle Mod personally.

srb21617.gif

srb21630.gif

Balloons!
srb21628.gif

srb21627.gif
* [Invincibility... No fear!] *
* [Hey You! It's Time to speed up!] *

The creator of FastSonic must be sad that there CREATION is being called a FAKER
But in all seriousness, Adventure Sonic looks like he is close to finish!
All you need is a super form!
The homing attack really had an improvement!

srb21630.gif
But he was completely finished in the demo e-
Ah yes... the S_SKIN version of the homing attack, because that exists.
Thank you for making a custom homing attack, the stiff homing attack is so annoying to use!
I like how it doesn't give you all of your momentum, but enough so your still going fast. So it acts a lot like adventure sonic! You guys do a really great job with this!

srb21613.gif

srb21617.gif

srb21630.gif

Balloons!
srb21628.gif

srb21627.gif
I like that your working hard on this character addon, it shows how much effort your putting into the mod and that's what i like most about this so far. His own built in momentum and staying true to the gameplay of the SA1 style sonic. Keep up the good work as always.

srb21627.gif
This looks just like how the bounce worked in SA2, I always moved the all the cool stuff you could with it, like smash into the side of a wall and fling yourself somewhere else, Honestly the bounce is such a cool move for sonic to have with the creative uses it has and it's still momentum based move.
srb21617.gif

srb21630.gif
I feel like for any addon having Zero Momentum on a homing attack is possibly the worst thing on a addon, I just find it to get you worse situation when you can't course correct fully. I really like How weighty the homing attack looks here, Modern homing attack feels very fixed, it flings you forward but stops you like in Unleashed, While Adventure Sonic it flings you forward but you descend while using it.
Is sonic gonna have a custom Homing attack reticle? Or just use the standard one like in that image?

As far as I know, the Adventure games never had homing attack reticles. You kinda just hoped you targeted the right enemy (Which to be fair, never was a big deal since enemies were usually spaced out enough that you didn't need a reticle at all).

That aside, lovely to finally see his abilities and especially the jumping. Being an Adventure 1 fan myself I love how the og spinball looks, as funny as it looked to me when I was a kid. Great work you two, keep it up!

Quick Question, does Sa-Sonic Stop when he goes too fast and goes to a ledge? Like in adventure 2 (sorry for bad English)

Getting off topic. this thread gonna be locked down. Back on topic, I wonder if they are still planning on making that soap shoes sonic? I'm kinda curious.
It all just depends on how things go post-release. I still definitely want to, since it shouldn't take a ton of time doing drawings that only take up around 1/6 of the overall drawings of each sprite, but if I do, it won't be until some time next year at the soonest.

Does he accelerate more slowly? Is he super slippery like vanilla srb2? If isn't thats amazing and will be a esstinal srb2 mod. Also uh so if its almost done are ya'll accepting beta testers? You should probably just make a google form lmao

Does he accelerate more slowly? Is he super slippery like vanilla srb2? If isn't thats amazing and will be a esstinal srb2 mod. Also uh so if its almost done are ya'll accepting beta testers? You should probably just make a google form lmao
I think he has the same acceleration of Sonic Adventure formula.

I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back