2.3 Discussion

what if they made 2.2.91 instead of 2.3?
Kinda redundant when 2.3's gonna happen regardless, confirmed by devs and by the general naming scheme: 2.3 would be a new major version since the 2nd number increases.

What I want in 2.3.
-2.2 mod support.
-Launcher already installed with game.
-Auto updates.
-More abilities for mods.
-Discord Integration (come on SRB2 Kart has it)
-New secret characters and zones.
-Giant Rings
-Swappable Thoks
That would be my ideal update.
that and steam support for an update following 2.3
Post automatically merged:

what if they made 2.2.91 instead of 2.3?
big F

My personal guesses for the SP content of 2.3?
- Full UDMF transition.
- New physics shown off in that UDMF test map GIF.
- Sonic's ability getting replaced, Metal Sonic's ability getting replaced.
- GFZ revamp (there was a new enemy shown off in a GIF once, so that will at least appear.)
- DSZ2's later remake getting finished (less likely, but also probable)
- CEZ2 being fully finished (It's confirmed work is being done on the final stretches of it.)
- RVZ2 and RVZ3.
- ERZ Remake being finished and added.
- AGZ for sure likely gets yeeted and replaced.

There's probably a lot more that could happen, but these are my baseline guesses.
"(there was a new enemy shown off in a GIF once, so that will at least appear.)" Show that gif though?

The completion of RVZ,The Egg Rock Zone remake,and mabye something about DCZ or GEZ that isn't the level itself (i don't think they'll finish 2 entire zones until the next update)

true

I see a lot of new faces on this board and almost none of the familiar ones, so I don't know who's been here long enough to remember, but the devs used to do these short tidbit posts in the "News" thread, which would show sneak peak screenshots of the development of the next major version. I'm really sad that they seem to have stopped doing that for some reason, it reminded people that there really is another big development that is currently being worked on, and my appreciation for the dedication to their labor grew exponentially with each one.

If anything, they'll probably stick to classic characters as of now. So... maybe Mighty and Ray?
Unlockable Eggpack (by Dr. Stephen), maybe?

If anything, they'll probably stick to classic characters as of now. So... maybe Mighty and Ray?

- A finalized version of the "Scrunk"/"Power Spin"/"whatever there's no official name" gets in as the Sonic ability replacement.
What's the Scrunk?

Where can I see it's progress?
You can find bits and pieces in the Official Discord server. It's being developed by LonelyFoxz.

They've already said that they aren't doing that. SRB2's levels are designed around the six playable characters and adding a seventh in would result in more unnecessary level development due to his moveset

You can find bits and pieces in the Official Discord server. It's being developed by LonelyFoxz.

They've already said that they aren't doing that. SRB2's levels are designed around the six playable characters and adding a seventh in would result in more unnecessary level development due to his moveset
Oh ok.

There's a scrapped boss available as an add-on now. I think it was made for Egg Rock, but I think it would fit Red Volcano very well, considering the main threat is the rising lava levels.
You should play True Arena by Logan8r. It has a boss named Egg Fireballer, which is IN RED VOLCANO.

aight let's go off the list here
- we won't be getting a new character, the fact that we got three added to our total in 2.2 should be more than enough for the time being lol
- new gamemodes? maybe a few simple ones, or one big one. personally i'd love to see battlemod integrated into the game, but who knows.
- i think we can safely assume that whenever 2.3 releases red volcano at the very least will be completely finished. whether or not that means we get anything about dark city zone...? probably not.
- we might get a new postgame stage to replace techno legacy, i'm pretty sure that stage was going to be axed at some point anyway.
- probably not something anyone browsing this topic would care about, but i have hopes that UDMF will be fully implemented into srb2 for 2.3. for all you non-stage building weirdos out there that means that making slopes with vertices will be much, much easier and you would be seeing much more impressive stages than we even do now.
- secret final boss after defeating brak with all seven emeralds?????? it's a possiblity

anyway those are my hopes slash expectations for the 2.3 update, nothing super duper huge but enough for some head turning experiences.
I've speculated that they might add Eggman so we could get a new character. Look at https://mb.srb2.org/threads/has-sonic-team-jr-set-up-the-introduction-of-a-new-character.29776/

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back