1.09: Reply to a few public opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my #1 game, but I kept getting tired of it. I still get an urge to play it, then get bored like 10 mins after. I had to sold it. But at least I unlocked everything like I always do.

My parents bought SSBM for my birthday without my consent. Played it, unlocked every character except for Mewtwo. Mostly because I got bored with it. Still have the game, sadly.

Anyway, I own all of you with Marth. Used to be decent with Mario, but Marth grew on me and my Mario skills just went rusty.

BlazeHedgehog said:
I think Knuckles Bounce "exploit" should have been left in. It's one of those professional tactics that people use, kind of like Wavedashing in Smash Brothers.

"Everybody makes mistakes, creativity is knowing which ones to keep."
Personally, I consider those kind of exploits to ruin games. I used to time trial Diddy Kong Racing with my friend, and we'd try to get better times than other people I knew. Well, one day my friend found something interesting: It turns out you drive faster if you mash the A button instead of holding it. Suddenly the game became about who was most efficient with the exploit, and totally ruined the game.

Yes, the Knuckles exploit was fun to mess with, but it also ruined a few level design ideas. Knuckles can get higher than Tails, and it's supposed to be the other way around. If you want to make a Tails-only area, you can't have enemies nearby or Knuckles will be able to do it too.

Even worse, in Race mode, it totally nullified Tails' advantages, since Knuckles is faster than Tails, and with the multi-glide, he could fly better than Tails. This is a big problem, since the balance in Race mode is probably better than it is in match, and the exploit threatened that. I don't want people to need to use an exploit to win in multiplayer. Hence, the trick had to go.

Mystic said:
I used to time trial Diddy Kong Racing with my friend, and we'd try to get better times than other people I knew. Well, one day my friend found something interesting: It turns out you drive faster if you mash the A button instead of holding it. Suddenly the game became about who was most efficient with the exploit, and totally ruined the game.

I so wished you told me that month earlier, when I had a N64 and DKR at my house. WizPig was a _BITCH_.

By the way, if you really want to go fast, drift with Drumstick. He goes 90.

But I loved to fly like that... :cry: The first part of GFZ2 was always really really fun with it...

In any case, you know that if I port JTE to a new mod of SRB2 1.09 that I make, it will still have the "exploitable" multi-glide, if not everything else it has in SPMoves that makes it special. It's based on my whole reality, after all, to the point where I have dreams in which I am Jason the Echidna, glideing fast over grassy plains and rocky mountains, climbing over anything in my way...

I only used multi-glide when I get bored of waiting Knuckles go lower. However, gliding in circles until you get the desired height is still possible.

But, when you reach the top of a wall and then you arrive the floor, Knuckles spins, enabling multi-gliding again. Why isn't this disabled, too? Without count other similar situations where variants of the multi-gliding are available, too... :P

I think you should be able to glide fall, then glide again, but only once.

Bigboi said:
Ehm, I think that gliding must be identical to the S3&K one. This means not jumping when you reach the top of the wall too, just stand on the floor directly.

Sik said:
Bigboi said:
This means not jumping when you reach the top of the wall too, just stand on the floor directly.

I was thinking of that. It'd cause too many cheap shots by Crawlas, though.

Yeah, the reason I have him spin while climbing up a ledge is because of the crawla cheap-shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back