SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Miscellaneous

Infinite Laps - Training tool Details »»
Infinite Laps - Training tool
Developer Last Online: Apr 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (2 votes - 3.60 average)
Released: 09-03-2019 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Single Player Levels Scripts

(right-click and enable controls to unmute the video)

This script "removes" the lap mechanic, allowing you to redo a lap over and over.
Every lap, your last time is saved, and if you improve your Personal Best time, it will replace the previous one.
The script also records ghosts of you, the which race alongside you every lap. The best ghost is coloured gold, while the rest are grey.

Hold ACCEL+BRAKE+ITEM+DRIFT for two seconds to void the current lap and return to the map's spawnpoint. Useful if you don't want to loiter around a bad lap, or if you somehow got stuck.
Voiding a lap will destroy the ghost being recorded, as well as preventing you from achieving a PB or modifying your last time - Until you cross the finish line, that is.

That's about it, really. It's a neat tool for when you want to find the best route in a map, or even get the best lap time!

The WAD comes with a map, MAP99 - Drift Tournament. This map was used to test checkpoints, the which I've left in for comedic purposes. It features absolutely nothing noteworthy - It's just a circle, an unpolished circle.

Note: Due to the nature of the mod, only single player is supported. Also, sprint maps are not supported as for yet.
Please do not report issues that you cannot reproduce in a solo game.

Make sure to use the offline server feature for solo play - Warping to maps via the map command from the title screen will prevent item boxes from respawning!

Enjoy!

Download Now

File Type: zip InfiniteLaps V1.zip (63.9 KB, 265 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0070.gif
Views:	1040
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	21545   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0064.jpg
Views:	1042
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	21546  

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 09-03-2019   #2
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Welcome to releases!

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019   #3
MK.exe
The one and only!

Oh yeah woo yeah this is perfect for learning new maps
Old 09-03-2019   #4
jmpt

Could you make a mod with just the Lap UI? It's a really nice way to see Lap Times and I think that just the UI alone could theoretically work on it's own in multiplayer.

PS: Is there any command to change the number of laps you get? 50 is quite a lot, even for practice.
jmpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019   #5
Rapidgame7
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpt View Post
Could you make a mod with just the Lap UI?
I'm considering that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpt View Post
Is there any command to change the number of laps you get?
No. The laps are infinite!
Spoiler: Internal mechanics
Not 50, that's just because maps with 2 laps would always play the final lap jingle everytime you cross the finish line, therefore I had to change numlaps to something that wouldn't make it play.
And your laps are constantly reset to 1, therefore you never reach the final lap, and by proxy finish the track.

NOTICE: Game must be restarted to record statistics.
Rapidgame7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019   #6
Lightsideluc

Really cool stuff! A few thoughts:

Are the ghosts you make not transparent? It doesn't look like it from the gif examples and they could obscure the track in higher numbers. Either that or have empty karts represent the ghosts.

You have the ability to reset a lap. Is there a way to 'savestate' a given position with one of the custom bindings so you can attempt a difficult track section without having to turn around and regaining speed?
Old 09-15-2019   #7
Rapidgame7
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsideluc View Post
Are the ghosts you make not transparent? [...]
Correct. I didn't aprticularly think aboutthem obscuring the track though. I might make them transparent for the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsideluc View Post
You have the ability to reset a lap. Is there a way to 'savestate' a given position [...]?
No: That's cheating lol
But that sounds interesting as a function - Might have to void the lap if you use it though

NOTICE: Game must be restarted to record statistics.
Rapidgame7 is offline   Reply With Quote