SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Levels

Geothermal Fortress V1.1 Details »»
Geothermal Fortress V1.1
Developer Last Online: Jan 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (2 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 11-22-2019 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Is in Beta Stage

Well... I'm not that much of a forum user even though I've been around the internet for a long time. Anyway I want to present my latest creation for SRB2Kart....

GEOTHERMAL FORTRESS
MAPWO

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0046.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	22902 Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0036.gif
Views:	261
Size:	961.0 KB
ID:	22901
LAPS: 3
Traverse the walls of this lava filled fortress! Beware of the gravity defying, spike swinging "Eggcano...."

Changlog:
1.0 - Initial Release. (Keeping it here for archival purposes.)
1.1 - Did a lot of visual changes, Meme Cut removed, Springs are wider, and Mini map change.

Shout outs to the MVPs Ghost and Star for giving me some advice.

MUSIC CREDITS:
Stunt Race FX - Ravines (Remastered using FL Studio)

Feedback is needed to progress forward.

For future proofing.
UNIVERSAL FIGHTER cup: Entry level series
Geothermal Fortress (MapWO)
???(MapWP)
???
???
???
UNIVERSAL FIGHTER cup: Master level series
???
???
???
???
???

Download Now

File Type: pk3 KR_Geothemal_Fortress_V1.0.pk3 (1.54 MB, 91 views)
File Type: pk3 KR_Geothemal_Fortress_V1.1.pk3 (1.55 MB, 153 views)

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 11-22-2019   #2
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Welcome to releases!

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019   #3
JEFFERoW2

Map is now updated to 1.1.
JEFFERoW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
GreenDinosaur
AKA Yoshi

Seeing you post on discord reminded me I wanted to leave some feedback for this :P
I do like this map, but there are some things that stick out to me.

- The first shortcut (gif provided!) can easily be done without sneakers. I'm pretty confident it can be done with a blue drift-boost, so there's not much need to take the proper route round.
- Spring pad vs. sneaker panel section: The spring pads seem like an all-round better choice so i'm not sure why anyone would take the longer route. Maybe if some of the initial spring-pad islands were removed it could be a shortcut that requires a red-boost/sneaker to reach?
- Eggcano, to me feels more like scenery than a hazard - i'm not sure i've actually been hit by it yet. If you did want it to pose more of a threat I think you'd need to lower the spikeballs a bit and make them cover the track a bit more.
- There are a LOT of item boxes, 5 groups of them iirc so you can get a new items pretty much every 6 seconds. I think Kart Krew recommend spacing them out 15-20 seconds apart (with sonic on normal speed), so 2, maybe 3 groups of item boxes would be more in-line with a lot of maps.

I was gonna mention some visual tweaks but it seems you're already working on that, I look forward to seeing what this map's next version is like!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0029.gif
Views:	43
Size:	5.28 MB
ID:	25854  
GreenDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
JEFFERoW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDinosaur View Post
Seeing you post on discord reminded me I wanted to leave some feedback for this :P
I do like this map, but there are some things that stick out to me.

- The first shortcut (gif provided!) can easily be done without sneakers. I'm pretty confident it can be done with a blue drift-boost, so there's not much need to take the proper route round.
- Spring pad vs. sneaker panel section: The spring pads seem like an all-round better choice so i'm not sure why anyone would take the longer route. Maybe if some of the initial spring-pad islands were removed it could be a shortcut that requires a red-boost/sneaker to reach?
- Eggcano, to me feels more like scenery than a hazard - i'm not sure i've actually been hit by it yet. If you did want it to pose more of a threat I think you'd need to lower the spikeballs a bit and make them cover the track a bit more.
- There are a LOT of item boxes, 5 groups of them iirc so you can get a new items pretty much every 6 seconds. I think Kart Krew recommend spacing them out 15-20 seconds apart (with sonic on normal speed), so 2, maybe 3 groups of item boxes would be more in-line with a lot of maps.

I was gonna mention some visual tweaks but it seems you're already working on that, I look forward to seeing what this map's next version is like!
So far. The first cut is now super glued, the spring section now has two pads instead of five pads, now there's three item box sets, the Eggcano now has a spring to bounce off of with a huge risk of hitting the spike balls, and a skybox.
The next thing I'm gonna do is refine the checkpoints and vertex some areas.

This map was made before Seven's tutorials and doing the stair turn method. At least its getting better as time goes on. Thanks for the feed back. :)
JEFFERoW2 is offline   Reply With Quote