Metal Anyone v2 - Leave your Ability to Fate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what

You just stated that it IS flight just by saying it's infinite flight. It's infinite flight underwater plus waterrun and that's all, much like how the homing attack is just the thok with the ability to home into enemies. In levels with no water in them at all, this is essentially like having no ability whatsoever whereas Telekinesis can actually be used quite often for dealing with enemies. I'd honestly be rather pissed to get the Swim character in Egg Rock Zone 2, where all there is enemies upon enemies and no water to speak of. I get that you just want to include every vanilla ability, but swim is just a useless ability to have in over 75% of the game. Inazuma, a character in 2.0 who uses swim, had a secondary sort of ability to spawn an Attraction Shield as he spins as the creator knew that swim wasn't always going to be useful in every given situation. If you have to make a second ability because your primary ability will almost never be used, that's a pretty bad primary ability.
I said that the homing/thok are almost the same, but they still work a bit different so they aren't direct clones.
I wanted to give the swim character good stats, so that they help while playing outside of water levels(much like how silver sonic has nerfed stats because of his float ability.) 1.5x jump, higher acceleration and medium top speed could work, the first 2 are great if you use it with swim, higher jumping out of the water and faster acceleration to move at a good speed underwater.

Swim can be very situational to use, but so are other characters, most of them can't win metal sonic and silver sonic(which has very slow acceleration)+underwater levels=slow, then again there are characters which are perfect for some levels, like silver sonic in CEZ3(you can float and wait for eggman), swim can be useful here too, it helps in DSZ, even in multiplayer you can help other players(check my post for a multiplayer hud display fix). A lot of characters aren't very useful on the later half of the levels, I see some use of telekinesis in CEZ, but it doesn't give you a ability that you can use in the air to help with platforming or something like that, so it feels like a no ability character for the most part.

Swim was a suggestion for that character wad and D00D doesn't want it, so let's stop talking about it.

Here's an idea! Why not add a Super Sonic Skill that has a extremely rare chance of being chosen.
So you could be playing as normal and the next level comes up as Super Sonic.
Ideas for abilities:
1. Invincibility
2. Super Float
3. Speed Thok
4. Doesn't need rings to maintain

It's okay if you either can't or don't want to add this idea.
Great Job!

Because it's a point of the wad(show all SP abilities, the other reason to play this wad is the randomness of it) and if telekinesis gets added(which gives you almost nothing too) then why not ? The only reason why it doesn't get added is that D00D hates swim and won't accept it as a main ability, even if it's as useful as telekinesis, but I can live with that, the only reason why I even posted that screenshot was to show that swim could work but if D00D hates it and doesn't want to add it to a character that uses SP abilities then ok, it's his wad.

You just have to keep going on about that stupid swim ability, don't you? That thing is practically useless after 3 zones. Telekenesis is actually useful for pushing away enemies and can be used anywhere.

D00D isn't adding it, not because he hates the swim ability, but because it does jack shit later in the game.

Well...... Can we change the topic right now? All of this discussion was generated only by an useless ability? Jeez, this is going so down from the original thread...
Anyway, let's talk 'bout... maybe of Emerl version of this wad? i dunno, any feedback of the original wad?

Here's an idea! Why not add a Super Sonic Skill that has a extremely rare chance of being chosen.
Ideas for abilities:
1. Invincibility
2. Super Float
3. Speed Thok

Great Job!

Just want to state my oponion while there's been no other replies to your post...
If this gets added, I think he'd probably need to atleast add the emeralds requirement for it to activate, and if the player's emeralds are less than 7, it returns to the rolling step. Don't know how complicated it'd be to do that, but still, being Super without emeralds would be overpowered in my eyes. That's just my oponion on this though, others may have totally different oponions, but that'd probably be how I'd balance it if it were an addition I were adding myself.

There's so much fun to be had with this wad, especially with Telekinesis in Techno Hill.

srb20024.gif

srb20025.gif

JACKPO... Just kidding.
Anyway, this is fun actually. Specially with him on ERZ3 would be fun! ("would"? i didn't try it...)
Also liked the "Rebel! ACTION!" from the character select menu, really.
Keep up the good work!

Ideas for abilities:
1. Invincibility
2. Super Float
3. Speed Thok

Great Job!

Only if the chances are from one million to one, geez.

'Cuz I don't wan't it to be a random ability picker.

If he does that, it'll destroy the starting idea for the character. Just read the title for one time, please:
Leave your ability to fate!

I just don't want to break your ominous bubble, but do you know how much coding/LUA/modifications will need it to do that? Just.... Use the character as it is. It's more cool like that, and everyone likes it as it is.

There's always that one person or another that has to complain about these things, so it's not worth bickering with them over design choices, honestly. I like that this thing is random. You could be hilariously screwed over in a level, or get a much needed boost.

Also, making it to where you can select abilities on the fly would be horribly, horribly abusive in multiplayer, and make single player a darned cakewalk. Does more need to be said? I get bored of the semantics that some people go into with this stuff around here.

There's always that one person or another that has to complain about these things, so it's not worth bickering with them over design choices, honestly. I like that this thing is random. You could be hilariously screwed over in a level, or get a much needed boost.

Also, making it to where you can select abilities on the fly would be horribly, horribly abusive in multiplayer, and make single player a darned cakewalk. Does more need to be said? I get bored of the semantics that some people go into with this stuff around here.

....That :V
And, you're right, it's not worth it. Anyway, if him knows some coding, can configure, and set up all the things he has to change, if he still wants to do that. That, if, i repeat, has some coding experience.

I'm thinking of what will he do if it can configure it for being used in multiplayer... Everyone will treat him as a cheater, or a hacker otherwise...

That's not exactly hacking, and besides, everyone on the server would have to have the same WAD file as him, (SRB2 checks MD5's.) or he can't play with it on a server. You can't cheat easily without third-party tools during runtime.

That's not exactly hacking, and besides, everyone on the server would have to have the same WAD file as him, (SRB2 checks MD5's.) or he can't play with it on a server. You can't cheat easily without third-party tools during runtime.

....Jeez, you're right.
Anyway, changing topic, any idea of a change for Metal Anyone? (Excluding that last idea)
Or it's done for now?
maybe wait for an G-merl spriting for another version of Metal Anyone?

Playing Jet recently gave me an idea for a character roll opportunity, if it were possible. So, since Jet just used the double jump ability, and the Amy roll already has it... How about replacing that with a temporary, one-second invincibility for a new roll option, like Jet has in place of spin-dash, but have him have no recovery ability, and his stats could be sub-par to keep it balanced? I really enjoyed playing Jet, after all. Of course, it's up to you if you want to take that idea, I just wanted to recommend something I enjoyed recently for the WAD... Of course, cool down timers for balancing purposes would have to be applied most likely, as I felt like Egg Rock Zone wasn't as tough as it should of been in the race, due to being able to invulnerability effect through practically all the lasers. Back to trying to beat Egg Rock Zone Act 2 for me, now. By the way, sorry if I had any grammar errors in this post, I just woke up... Practicing for a Sonic Robo Blast 2 Versus I'll be doing with a friend eventually, as this character would be perfect for such a thing.

Your's truly, Zoroark.
PS: I don't mind if you don't like the idea, I just haven't seen anyone bring up that ability here, so I wanted your opinion on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back