SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Mods (2.0.X)

SRB2 Riders 2.46.5 Details »»
SRB2 Riders 2.46.5
Developer Last Online: May 2020

Version: SRB2Riders Rating: (12 votes - 4.50 average)
Released: 06-23-2011 Last Update: Never Installs: 21
Characters Multiplayer Levels Re-Useable Content Code Changes Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

SRB2 Riders is finally ready for a release. Well, at least a beta release. Why a beta? Because it's Sonic's 20th Anniversary, that's why!

Single Player is clearly unfinished. Without testing, I'm sure NextLevel works the same as in Multiplayer, so no Credits or Unlockables. No 3D models either. And I'm sure there's quite a few broken stuff.

Also, NO BOTS. They were in the old version, and were disabled in this beta. Anyone else asking for bots will get a facepalm.

Check the SRB2 Riders Wiki Entry for Features, Items, Characters, and more.

Music File
Doom Builder cfg

Download Now

File Type: zip ridersfiles.zip (14.33 MB, 21567 views)
File Type: zip music.zip (22.18 MB, 11971 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	r1.png
Views:	7884
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1717   Click image for larger version

Name:	r2.png
Views:	6281
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1718   Click image for larger version

Name:	r3.png
Views:	5971
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1719   Click image for larger version

Name:	r4.png
Views:	5927
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1720   Click image for larger version

Name:	r5.png
Views:	4857
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1721  

Name:	r6.png
Views:	4739
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1722   Click image for larger version

Name:	r7.png
Views:	3326
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1723  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 07-11-2011   #182
Chaos Zero 64

Well, I was using XWE the whole time. Maybe other lump editors tries to fix it automatically, and screw the whole thing up.
Old 07-11-2011   #183
D00D64
Probably Responsible

I also use XWE, and like I said, I even directly recopied the wad with no external modifications.

EDIT: Also, Karts (Speed ones, mainly) seriously accelerate way too fast. The differences in character acceleration differ far too little to use anything but speed types.

Last edited by D00D64; 07-12-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2011   #184
Super Chris
Formerly SRB2PlayerFan

GLITCH:
In Generic Greens, when players climb to the right of the Starting Line, there's an exit sector. Please fix this.
Old 07-15-2011   #185
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Oh, question; how can I set the Heroes and Babylon cups to start at different map numbers? SRB2 proper does that, but nothing works for this mod. Also, is it possible to give players specific powerups, like by SOC or by Custom Power? what are the Thing and state numbers for the Mario Kart items? Is there a way to set the tics for the star powerup? And where's the SOC data anyway? I looked in the .ridr files and found nothing.

Last edited by D00D64; 07-15-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2011   #186
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

I found something that doesn't work. If you set the "nextmap" to random in a server, it will still go in map order.
Old 07-17-2011   #187
sapphirezx

I got a question. why cant i connect to the master server on srb2riders? i can host on regular srb2 with no problem but on srb2riders it tells me cant connect to the master sever. same thing when i try going on netgames this is very annoying think u can help me? please and thanks if u can.

(sapphirezx received a warning for this post: Use proper English when posting. (Defunct infraction type; do not use))
Old 07-17-2011   #188
kyllian1212
inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphirezx View Post
I got a question. why cant i connect to the master server on srb2riders? i can host on regular srb2 with no problem but on srb2riders it tells me cant connect to the master sever. same thing when i try going on netgames this is very annoying think u can help me? please and thanks if u can.
It Works for me. I dont know why it can not for you.
Old 07-17-2011   #189
sapphirezx

its ok thanks for replying.
Old 07-18-2011   #190
D00D64
Probably Responsible

So, I always felt Power types and Fly types were considerably shittier than Speed types in Kart mode, and not just because of the top speed. I didn't know why at first, but after testing to see if Fly types could make my gaps, I noticed something. Something very bad.

In Karts mode, EVERYONE'S ACCELERATION IS THE SAME

If it is at all distinguishable, it is only by a few milliseconds due to speed types needing to go to 60 while everyone else skates around 50. Character balance is completely ruined in Kart mode, as the top speed is still different between characters. Either fix acceleration between characters or just make everyone play the same so the remainder of the roster isn't useless in karts (even if the latter is very unappealing).
Old 07-19-2011   #191
Chaos Zero 64

I've noticed this before, but always put it off. In 2P mode with Sonic and Tails, Sonic still has a faster acceleration. The only thing Tails has is faster Accelstart.

This is how I think it should be:
Speed = Slow Accel, top speed, slow movement in grass
Fly = Fast Accel, slow speed, fast movement in grass
Power = Medium, Medium, Medium.

Accelstart will be the same for everyone, and the top speed won't be dramatically different.
Old 07-19-2011   #192
VelocitOni
KartKrew Dev
Developer

CZ64, are you considering balancing Mario Kart items next update?
I mean, it's been suggested one-million times, but I don't think you've replied to one person IIRC.

Last edited by VelocitOni; 07-19-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2011   #193
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Yeah, items. For some reason, Red Shells and Mushrooms are low rarity instead of medium (with Bob-ombs being the only medium). DKart's latest update makes the two items medium, but this really should be in Riders proper. DKarts also makes invincibility last half as long. Perhaps Karts could have its own invincibility timer?
Old 07-19-2011   #194
VelocitOni
KartKrew Dev
Developer

It's not even the rarity of the items in general. It should depend on what place your in like the Real Mario Kart games. I should NEVER, FREAKING, EVER, get a star, mega-shroom, or bo-bomb in 1st place. EVER. Same thing about getting a banana past 3rd place.
Old 07-19-2011   #195
SpaceKGreen
Neon Knight

Very minor issue: Blaze's falling-after-springing sprites while in a footrace have a color issue.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	srb20000.png
Views:	173
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1958   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.png
Views:	228
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1959  
Old 07-19-2011   #196
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman404 View Post
It's not even the rarity of the items in general. It should depend on what place your in like the Real Mario Kart games. I should NEVER, FREAKING, EVER, get a star, mega-shroom, or bo-bomb in 1st place. EVER. Same thing about getting a banana past 3rd place.
Actually, I do recall getting bob-ombs in first in Double Dash, and I was sad they left the first place spot in later games since they actually made quite an effect for the pack lead. Some games let you get a Red Shell and even a mushroom in first. But yeah, something is amiss when you can call lightning from the head.

Last edited by D00D64; 07-19-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-19-2011   #197
VelocitOni
KartKrew Dev
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Actually, I do recall getting bob-ombs in first in Double Dash, and I was sad they left the first place spot in later games since they actually made quite an effect for the pack lead.Some games let you get a Red Shell and even a mushroom in first.
CZ should follow the most reasonable games then. Mushrooms are distinctively much more powerful in this mod.

Personally, I can't wait if he's balancing out the items. People in later places (not me, just those poor defenseless new guys and people that screw up =P) will FINALLY have a chance to catch back up. Resulting in more interesting races, less people shouting "restart" in netgames, and a small benefit for losers.
Old 07-19-2011   #198
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

I kind of liked getting some of the better items while in first.. I always hated how in mario kart you would always just get bananas... I agree it needs balanced out, just not as much as Mario kart.
Old 07-19-2011   #199
VelocitOni
KartKrew Dev
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeck View Post
I kind of liked getting some of the better items while in first.. I always hated how in mario kart you would always just get bananas... I agree it needs balanced out, just not as much as Mario kart.
As much as some people like it, it's cheap though. And it helps to get more bananas and fake items because your meant to defend your place the hard way, not by running off with mushrooms and stars merrily and not giving anyone else a chance.
Old 07-19-2011   #200
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

I'm saying balance it out, but just not as much. So have bombs appear more, and an occasional mushroom.
Old 07-19-2011   #201
Kyasarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman404 View Post
As much as some people like it, it's cheap though. And it helps to get more bananas and fake items because your meant to defend your place the hard way, not by running off with mushrooms and stars merrily and not giving anyone else a chance.
I can't believe that you're saying that giving the leading players a chance to maintain their position and the lagging players a reason to get better at the game cheap. It's better off the way it is because it's a fair game for everyone playing.
It annoys me when people assume that whatever stupid item selection rules Mario Kart uses are the best option simply because they're the most common, and it annoys me moreso when people decide that any item set in existence should arbitrary adhere to them.

(It's also annoying when people use the word your incorrectly).