Resource icon

Phantom Ruby Time Stop [v1.1] - Freeze enemies, projectiles, and more!

Self explanatory, stops time and pauses the movement of enemies, projectiles, scenery, and other objects. Stopping time also allows you to hit enemies multiple times, being able to instant kill bosses if enough hits were performed.

To stop time, jump into the air and press Custom 3. The ability can be toggled on or off by typing "timestop" into the console.

The following is affected by stopping time:
  • Objects flagged with MF_ENEMY, MF_BOSS, or MF_MISSILE (in simpler terms, enemies, bosses, and projectiles.)
  • Rings
  • Environmental Hazards (Castle Eggman Mace Balls, Red Volcano Lavafalls, etc.)
  • Scenery

Certain objects may not be affected by Time Stop, either because I forgot to add them to the table or because they are a custom object from another add-on.

Feel free to look at the source code and edit it to your liking, but please do not redistribute modifications of this add-on publicly, in netgames, or in your own work. (If you want to use it in something, please contact me.)

Changelog:
V1.1
  • Destroying badniks in time stop now adds to your score properly
V1
  • Release

Attachments

• srb20070.gif
    srb20070.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,999
  • srb20075.gif
    srb20075.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 2,201
  • srb20076.gif
    srb20076.gif
    7 MB · Views: 1,587
  • L_PhantomRubyTimeStop-v1.1.pk3
    150.2 KB · Views: 10,944
Last edited:
Welcome to releases!

I wonder how much score you could get if you popped every enemy at once using frozen corks...

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20241.gif
    srb20241.gif
    8 MB · Views: 18,186
Woahoho I've never seen your name before, and when checking your profile had to do a double take when seeing you made your account today.

This has to be a record in the fastest you can release a mod after creating an account.

This is actually pretty funny to use, even the most difficult bosses to hit sometimes (Cough, Metal, Cough) become as simple as causing him to spin out once and then stopping time to deliver several hits to take him down instantly. Pair this up with Shadow and it's like using chaos control!

haha funny DIO goes stab stab
jokes aside, i love how this works

Attachments

• srb20657.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 739
Oh nice, the legendary "e.lua" and "Za Warudo.pk3" is here, with a new name and probably new things.

anyway... uhhh... isn't this originally made by Bloops?
IIRC he posted this lua/pk3 with two different names before, so probably you should give him permission or something-

i am not sure if you did or something, so if i'm wrong, let me know about it, lol.

Oh nice, the legendary "e.lua" and "Za Warudo.pk3" is here, with a new name and probably new things.

anyway... uhhh... isn't this originally made by Bloops?
IIRC he posted this lua/pk3 with two different names before, so probably you should give him permission or something-

i am not sure if you did or something, so if i'm wrong, let me know about it, lol.

Just to clarify
This is a completely different mod, it has nothing to do with me whatsoever, nor has it stolen anything from me.
Please keep this in mind, I will not plan on releasing my iteration anytime soon.

Crushstaceans, unidus and I suspect other enemies can still move in time stop. Enemies also get damaged when you're above them. In opengl everything is tinted white.

Last edited:
The screen turning blindingly white in OpenGL is the game's fault, not the mod. The OpenGL renderer can't replicate the inverted flash palette so it does the same thing it would do for the default white flash palette. The only way to fix this would be to give OpenGL the ability to invert the colours displayed on screen via source code modification.

The screen turning blindingly white in OpenGL is the game's fault, not the mod. The OpenGL renderer can't replicate the inverted flash palette so it does the same thing it would do for the default white flash palette. The only way to fix this would be to give OpenGL the ability to invert the colours displayed on screen via source code modification.

So does that mean I have to do it myself?

Absolutely right.

Though, this does make me wish OpenGL had support to invert the screen, given that OGL already has shader options.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back