I want to modify the codes, but i don't have SLADE or other ones. If i use notepad or word pad it just displays a bunch of unicodes. Please fix!

1. Why would you even want to? Kirby isn't reusable content.
2. The reason "SLADE or other ones" even exist, is because you can't open .PK3/.Wad files with any normal system app. Only formats Notepad can open are .SOC and .Lua.
3. You're bumping.

Last edited:
This is gonna sound dumb but how do i lose the ability when i have the abilty

Simple. Do what Cure Blossom does:

Put yourself under enemy attack.

can you make a modern design version?
just the design would be different

You know that making new sprites is hard right? Especially this addon which has a lot of copy abilities. In fact, this is entirely based of the game Kirby's Adventure on the NES, so making different hats just for a Modern Kirby to wear them is literally asking for a lot of work.

Last edited:
Ok this would probably be extremely difficult to make

I would love to see a version of this character that has multiple attacks for abilities.

Also, what is up with UFO's controls? you could have just made it so that you press jump to ascend and duck to descend, but it's really weird.

Last edited:
So a "Super Star" styled version? Yeah that'd be cool.

Yeah, and some more abilities.
classic ones like wing and beam, modern ones like spider or water, and others. wing would be great for improved flight, beam could provide a mid range attack, spider for increased level altering potential, and water for better underwater control.

Last edited:
I messed with some ability spawns in private to give some abilities more exposure. Take this more as a "what if" in a way.

attachment.php

Since the Robofish was on the pool of "no Ability" and Sword was only given by the Lance-A-Bot in CEZ, I wondered if it'd be fitting for the Robofish in GHZ1 to give Sword since it attacks with something razor-sharp (its teeth). This would make the ability obtainable a bit earlier on (especially for what is one of the more iconic abilities in the series).

attachment.php

I also toyed with Robohood giving Sword if you're fast enough to catch one since it also attacks with something sharp but it wasn't as fitting and it's made redundant by the Lancebot appearing in the same zone. If Archer had existed it would make more sense but that ability isn't part of the ability pool in the older games so.

attachment.php

Continuing the experiment I manipulated Pterabytes into giving Tornado, an ability only given by two other sources, but I suppose one of those sources being very common and being on almost every level (the Whirlwind Shield monitor) combined with the difficulty of getting Kirby to inhale a Pterabyte is why it doesn't give anything under normal circumstances.

Attachments

• srb20281.gif
    srb20281.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,188
  • srb20285.gif
    srb20285.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 964
  • srb20286.gif
    srb20286.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 971
This was something only shown off on discord (we forgot to share the 1.2 sneak peeks here) that solves the issue of abilities being too rare. They were planned for the initial release, but were scrapped due to the anniversary release timing.
4u6w5Kq.gif

8dpP1de.gif

This was something only shown off on discord (we forgot to share the 1.2 sneak peeks here) that solves the issue of abilities being too rare. They were planned for the initial release, but were scrapped due to the anniversary release timing.
4u6w5Kq.gif

8dpP1de.gif

looking very cool right there, thank lord this character is still being worked on.
seriously, i love using Kirby a lot

Amazing character! Just an observation, though: I can't get past Mystic Realm's Sunken Plant Zone boss with Kirby without a copy ability because apparently he can't inhale Dr. Eggman's special goo. Not a priority since it's a custom level pack but I thought I should let you know that.

EDIT: Here are some neat speedruns for you.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back