SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

MixedHUD [v2.1] Details »»
MixedHUD [v2.1]
Version: v2.1, by StellarStardust (Super Neko~) StellarStardust is offline
Developer Last Online: Nov 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (3 votes - 3.60 average)
Released: 05-18-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 7
Scripts Sprites/Graphics

Introducing MixedHUD.

Inspired by SRB2's new titlecards and various other sources, this replaces the S2 HUD that SRB2 uses with a fresh new take on how it looks.(All these screenshots are taken with the HUD in Mania mode, but I have tested it with the other HUD modes and everything seems to be fine.)

There's two versions. Standard and Deluxe.

Standard is the netgame friendly version. You can just add it during a netgame without no issues whatsoever.

Deluxe is the version with extra bell and whistles.(As you can see in these screenshots here.) You get a fancy life icon
AND the HUD will change to the color of your character to boot.(Special thanks to Manimi for coding this!)

It's also compatible with custom characters(recommended to always add MixedHUD last if you want it to work properly with custom characters btw!); although not all are currently supported as of now. Future updates may add support for more characters, however.
Special thanks to Mill for making the graphics for all these characters for the life icon in the deluxe version, they turned out better than my attempt and I'm very happy with the results.

Currently supported characters:
Spoiler:
  • Eggman
  • The Derp
  • Dirk
  • Flicky
  • Silver
  • Neo Sonic

Changelog:
Spoiler:
v1:
  • Initial release

v2:
  • Tweaked assets to be more slim and overall look better.
  • Adjusted offsets to make the HUD not look like a mess.
  • Split the original pk3 into two versions. Standard and Deluxe. Deluxe is the original version, only with the added ability to change colors.

v2.1:
  • Lined up the RINGS with everything else in the HUD.
  • Deluxe HUD no longer shows up in special stages.
  • Results screens now match your character color when you finish a stage!(Special thanks to ManimiFire once again for this!)

Download Now

File Type: pk3 V_MixedHUD-v2.1.pk3 (10.8 KB, 313 views)
File Type: pk3 VL_MixedHUDDeluxe-v2.1.pk3 (31.8 KB, 645 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20325.png
Views:	155
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	34044   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20326.png
Views:	164
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	34045   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20328.png
Views:	137
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	34046   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20357.png
Views:	169
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	34333   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20372.png
Views:	158
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	34334  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 05-19-2020   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020   #3
Icarus
Banned

If this HUD were the one changed for the 2.2 I wouldn't even question it.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020   #4
Pyrakid Wolfo

What about a version for people to join netgames with. I think XTRAA0 or life-icon modifying files mark the game as modified. You don't need to make one if you don't want to. Just a suggestion.
Pyrakid Wolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020   #5
StellarStardust
Super Neko~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrakid Wolfo View Post
What about a version for people to join netgames with. I think XTRAA0 or life-icon modifying files mark the game as modified. You don't need to make one if you don't want to. Just a suggestion.
Already on it. Next update will introduce a "standard" version that'll be netgame friendly and a "deluxe" version with the unique life icon and possibly making the HUD match your skincolor.
Old 05-19-2020   #6
Pyrakid Wolfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StardustSpeedway View Post
Already on it. Next update will introduce a "standard" version that'll be netgame friendly and a "deluxe" version with the unique life icon and possibly making the HUD match your skincolor.
Don't you need LUA or scripting to make the HUD match the skincolor? I don't think HUDs work with the green or whatever.
Pyrakid Wolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020   #7
Moose the Fat Cat
Permanently Banned

Used this playing Sonic and Eggman.This is really easy on the eyes. It's cool and the colors are perfect, the style and formatting is just right. It nails that late 90s era while being unique and new.

Suggestions/Questions:

1) Can the name and number on the bottom-left match the font/style of the top-left?

2) I don't know if any custom HUDs overwrite the Modern Sonic one (or even if it's possible), but I'd love to see that this style on that, like how a boost meter would look in HD classic. Maybe as a fourth row in the upper left as a numerical percentage out of 100? (ie, under Rings, it'd be Power 75%)

3) Gotta say, I'd even prefer this font used over the Sonic 2 style font of the Act and Special Stage completion screens. This is a bit more like Sonic CD which is the better of the two, imo.

Cool!
Moose the Fat Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020   #8
Icarus
Banned

The diamond-shaped life icon reminds me of Smash Ultimate's player icon.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020   #9
Crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose the Fat Cat View Post
2) I don't know if any custom HUDs overwrite the Modern Sonic one (or even if it's possible), but I'd love to see that this style on that, like how a boost meter would look in HD classic. Maybe as a fourth row in the upper left as a numerical percentage out of 100? (ie, under Rings, it'd be Power 75%)
Nah, Modern Sonic's HUD is hardcoded. No way to replace it unless Spork rewrote it to allow that. And this is just a simple graphics replacement for the default HUD anyway.
Crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #10
TehPuertoRicanSpartan

Amazing. This is the greatest HUD I've ever seen in my life.
TehPuertoRicanSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020   #11
StellarStardust
Super Neko~

New update! This splits the pk3 into two; Standard and Deluxe. Standard is the new, netgame friendly version! You can add this one during a game with no issues whatsoever. Deluxe has the classic life icon, now with a color-changing HUD to boot! Special thanks goes to ManimiFire for coding this as well. I've also made some adjustments to the HUD itself to hopefully make it look much better.
Old 07-07-2020   #12
StellarStardust
Super Neko~

Default v2.1 is out!

Another new update to fix the RINGS text in the HUD and make the Deluxe HUD no longer show in special stages, as well as making the results screens match your character color too! This also includes special stage results too!

Old 07-13-2020   #13
Kwiin
[A person in a place]

Reee end screen doesn't work in my aspect ratio :pensive:

Kwiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14
SIG7
The Gamerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose the Fat Cat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crum View Post
Nah, Modern Sonic's HUD is hardcoded. No way to replace it unless Spork rewrote it to allow that. And this is just a simple graphics replacement for the default HUD anyway.
By going into the console, you can change the hud by doing hudstyle, type hudstyle 0 and muah lah, i did this before on a custom hud of mine.
But if you mean by not overlapping the original and just modern sonic's hud (like forces for example), you may have to patch his skin and replace the sprites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrakid Wolfo View Post
Don't you need LUA or scripting to make the HUD match the skincolor? I don't think HUDs work with the green or whatever.
You may also have to patch the skin because the player icon for the life icon uses the default colors too, like Sonic's icon is blue, and he is too, change him to a diff color, that changes too, what i mean is, if you patch the skin, and then add the main color to the life icon, it will too change color.

https://discord.gg/uwZRkas https://discord.gg/enAhkBp
SIG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #15
Saturn Ross
The Local Bird-Brain

My favorite HUD mod, hands down! I love the extra details in Deluxe like how it matches your colour- even if it's an animated skin colour from another mod- and the new life icons... are pure gorgousness. Never liked the default one when it's used with other HUD mods, it looks so plain in comparison. I wonder if you'll alter the title card font someday to match a little better! I use the 3D Blast one, it lines up with the HUD here really nicely~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiin View Post
Nor does it work in 1080p. I'm fairly certain there's a way to fix this, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled. Also, since Neo Sonic's last update- Mixed HUD Deluxe is no longer compatible with his life icon. I hope to see more updates for this, in any case!!
Saturn Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #16
carlrev
The living revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiin View Post

What stage is that in that GIF?
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
Expert

hey can i use this hud for my srb2 mod called expert sonic
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
izzy
ceo of good descriptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert View Post
hey can i use this hud for my srb2 mod called expert sonic
It can just be added separately, it doesn't need a cosmetic hud.

whirl 2.3

skip 2.0
izzy is offline   Reply With Quote