[Open Assets] SRB2 Retro PK3 update

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

救世主 Messiah

Call me ARA.
RETRO.png

Hello people of the internet! Today I will introduce you to a wad that has been worked on for years, I introduce you to SRB2 Retro! SRB2 Retro is a mod which restores maps from 1.08 and 1.09 [Well, only one 2.0 map has been added due to requests.]

This mod contains:
  • The old maps
  • The old graphics and sprites
  • The old sounds
  • Old weapon usage
  • Ugly Knux
  • The old shields

Added Nimbus Ruins and Desolated Twilight
Added the old weapon sounds
Added the implementation of a working RedXVI on GFZ to send you to Red Volcano
Bug fixes
Removal of unused lumps and files
Restoring the batch files

Ported to PK3

Bug fixes on textures from Zim Base.

Special Thanks:
LJ Sonik: for having to use the Old System Weapons
Joat & Sapheros: The old shields
Jazz: Ugly Knux
Monster Psychic Cat: For helping on adding the feature of RedXVI killing you using Lua.

Note: It's zipped in PK3.
More Retro mods: Retro Website

Attachments

• srb20011.jpg
    srb20011.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 4,137
  • srb20012.jpg
    srb20012.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 3,732
  • srb20014.jpg
    srb20014.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 4,413
  • scrmtf_Retro_5.2.5.pk3
    16.2 MB · Views: 2,206
Last edited:
ok first things first, this smells like SRB2 the past. but considering the source material it can't be helped.

I decided to check the red XVI secret in GFZ1 and there's a couple of problems.
1: it can be triggered with no emeralds. In 1.09-1.09.4 you needed the 7 emeralds
2: you're trying to use a multiplayer command to kill the player. In my experience you're better off without the kill part as having that part work can lead to endless death when you load up in Red Volcano. Or if you're good with lua, you may be able to retain that bit.

Also where are the emblems?

I have noticed the silver ring boxes were missing too.

GFZ2
Why does Red XVI give you a bunch of extra lives?
There's a score box in this stage?!

GFZ3
I love that you got the old eggmobile to have the jet fumes.
Music:
Red volcano's music is the wrong version
Special stages' tunes should be tunes 50

over all, it's ok, but I have to take a look under the hood at how the red xvi secrets were done here.
(ok I took a look with noclip and open gl and I can come to the conclusion that GFZ1 and 2 may not have been pulled from srb2 the past. Sorry about the suspicion but as I've ported the maps and remade their secrets before, it's something I have to check for when another past map port project comes around.)

Edit: the wad file's compressed, isn't it?

Last edited:
ok first things first, this smells like SRB2 the past. but considering the source material it can't be helped.

I decided to check the red XVI secret in GFZ1 and there's a couple of problems.
1: it can be triggered with no emeralds. In 1.09-1.09.4 you needed the 7 emeralds
2: you're trying to use a multiplayer command to kill the player. In my experience you're better off without the kill part as having that part work can lead to endless death when you load up in Red Volcano. Or if you're good with lua, you may be able to retain that bit.

Also where are the emblems?

I have noticed the silver ring boxes were missing too.

GFZ2
Why does Red XVI give you a bunch of extra lives?
There's a score box in this stage?!

GFZ3
I love that you got the old eggmobile to have the jet fumes.
Music:
Red volcano's music is the wrong version
Special stages' tunes should be tunes 50

over all, it's ok, but I have to take a look under the hood at how the red xvi secrets were done here.
(ok I took a look with noclip and open gl and I can come to the conclusion that GFZ1 and 2 may not have been pulled from srb2 the past. Sorry about the suspicion but as I've ported the maps and remade their secrets before, it's something I have to check for when another past map port project comes around.)

Edit: the wad file's compressed, isn't it?

yes, Glaber I still dont know create a LUA (It was already for me to know. e.e)
RedXVI in gfz2 I put this lives because if I dont put anything would be half empty.
Silver ring box I replaced by Recycler...
Emblems I removed because I dont hidden anyone map. (only red volcando 1.09.4)
Red volcano music I put one version music that have in music.dta from 1.08
Special Stages I put the 1.08 (I think) music.
and... okay e.e allright that you used noclip to see.

I have more mods compatible with Retro on my site e.e if you want. fell free friend.

Last edited:
the supposed 1.08 music was tunes 51. I just did a double check myself and 1.08 used tunes 50, and a different set of special stages that had spike balls on them.

also Red Volcano couldn't be accessed until 1.09 at the earliest, so 1.08's red volcano music would have gone unheard.

the supposed 1.08 music was tunes 51. I just did a double check myself and 1.08 used tunes 50, and a different set of special stages that had spike balls on them.

also Red Volcano couldn't be accessed until 1.09 at the earliest, so 1.08's red volcano music would have gone unheard.

to be honest... I don't know why put this musics... but I think that put because I think it better Glaber. xD

I had a really good experience with this! Thanks for bringing us the nostalgic taste of 1.09.4...
Keep rockin' out on this MOD!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back