SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Kart Characters

Ranma 1/2 Characters (Boy-Type Ranma/Girl-Type Ranma) Details »»
Ranma 1/2 Characters (Boy-Type Ranma/Girl-Type Ranma)
Developer Last Online: Oct 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (2 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 10-08-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 4
Characters

Now you've done it! Let's Fight!

Meet Ranma Saotome of the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts. While a talented master of different styles of martial arts, he comes to Kart with his speedy skill and balanced weight to mirror his fighting skills. However due to an unfortunate accident while training at Jusenkyo, the training ground of "cursed" springs, Ranma had the unfortunate accident of falling into the spring of drowned girl (Very tragic story!) where touching cold water causes Ranma to turn into a girl. Fortunately Ranma can also turn back into a guy when touching hot water. Though this can lead to some rather awkward situations as you can imagine.

This Ranma 1/2 character pack includes both boy-type Ranma and girl-type Ranma as well as a bundled "lua" version that includes both characters and also carries Ranma's curse. When driving into cold water or rain, Ranma will turn into a girl. Since there's no hot water in Kart, (Typically!) Ranma will change back into a guy when he falls off the track. He's already losing time anyway. Keep in mind using the lua pack prevents Ranma from participating in time attack modes. You can load the characters separately from the non-lua versions, which means there is no 'curse'. Both Boy-Type and Girl-Type Ranma play identically, so choose based on your preference. You can choose which gender you want to start each race/battle session with and your choice is reflected in statistics as well as the goal post when a Ranma player finishes in first place.

The lua also includes fail-safes in case the character pack is not loaded correctly. Certain maps in the base game (As well as a few user made maps) are blacklisted preventing the curse from occurring in areas that aren't exactly water. (Such as lava or oil) The server host can also make use of commands such as "ranma_curse" that prevent the curse from working. For more information use "ranma_help" on a hosted session.

Special thanks to Lach for assistance on checking for rain in a map.

Download Now

File Type: zip KCL_Ranma_Pack_V1.zip (2.08 MB, 90 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0037.gif
Views:	98
Size:	7.00 MB
ID:	40043   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0040.gif
Views:	93
Size:	6.83 MB
ID:	40044   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0046.gif
Views:	876
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	40045  

File Type: gif kart0035.gif (4.09 MB, 25 views)
File Type: gif kart0036.gif (4.45 MB, 20 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
flaminjut
I wish I knew programming

I found a bug: when the weather changes Ranma will not "react" to it, example: if the map start raining and the weather changes to sunny, Ranma will still change when exposed to the open sky. and the same happens the other way, if the map starts sunny and it starts raining, he will not change.
flaminjut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Bartman3010

Is this with weathermod? Or is this on a specific track?
Bartman3010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
flaminjut
I wish I knew programming

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0000.gif
Views:	44
Size:	6.89 MB
ID:	40398weathermod and or with any map that has the "change weather" linedef effect, I made a map for myself and when the weather changes ranma does not transform
flaminjut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #6
Ozzyrockin

Could there be a option for Ranma to change when hit?
Ozzyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #7
Ozzyrockin

Nevermind, I found water alot more common than I thought
Ozzyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote