Morph's Levelpack [scr_MLP05.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a complete awesome map pack! Thats all there really is to say about it, i just beat the entire thing and that was the hardest map pack I've ever played!

Kaysakado said:
But, button-hunting phails, and chaep deaths aren't fun
You might have a point there with the button hunting... but what are you calling cheap deaths? :-|

Kaysakado said:
Dear god, have you even played your own mod?

By the way, it's chaep, not cheap. *shot*
Oh Lord! I hate those answers!!! >_<

Seriously, I asked you to specify what was your point and you answered AGAIN the same way! Please tell me what is
CHEAP (correct spelling by the way)
and why or stop posting.

If you are talking about the space zone: I know that it is very/too hard especially the part with the miniboss. It has been said many times before and if there will be a next release in the distant future it will definitely be changed.

I know the correct spelling, it was a joke. Anyways:

MDZ2
  • The falling platform at the beginning was a little hard.
  • The area with the token. 'nuff said.

MDZB
  • The ghost crawlas

RDZ1
  • The Smiley Face robots
  • Scrolling floor

RDZ2
  • Smiley face people, again.
  • Too many turrets.
  • That weird room with the hurting ceiling and red springs.
  • That weird room with the lasers and blue springs checkered accross it.
  • That room where the pillars drop and you gte ambushed.
  • That room with the big yellow laser in the middle and yelloy springs all around, and you have to divert your course on the springs to not hit the laser.

RDZB
[*]Not really a death, but it takes too long to get around that laser at the begining.
[*]Turrets
[/list]

SMZ
  • Easy to fall

STZ
  • OMG PAZ1-style deathpit platforming, with moving platforms=Phail. Make the platforms not move, or use some kind of freaky wind+LD executor to make you move with it.

MCZ
  • OMG weapon ringz

That is all.

Kaysakado, when I'm playing Morph's level pack I KNOW what I'm getting. I only play Mole's domain, a bit of Robodome and Skytouch. I acknowledge that Morph's level pack is horrendously hard, and I'm fine with it. I just plain avoid the hard stuff.

Although personally, I liked the smilie-face robots. The ghost crawlers served their purpose well. If you think they make the boss too hard, then don't fight the boss. Level select is enabled for a reason.

So, I'm not supposed to give him Constructive Critiscism? I do use level select, but I'm telling him what's wrong with the pack so I don't have to.

No, I'm saying that most of the problematic levels are beyond fixing. Well, not really, but if they did get fixed to what you want, the levels would be entirely different.

BlueZero4 said:
...if they did get fixed to what you want, the levels would be entirely different.
And, honestly, they'd be much better as a result.

The general rule on difficulty is that the player should be able to beat the stage on the first try if they're good enough. Some of the stuff in this mod is simply unavoidable, even with essentially perfect reflexes, unless you already know it's there.

I have screwed with stages pretty heavily in sections where I felt it was necessary. Hell, I've had to tear a room out of VFZ, tear the second act in half, paste it into another act, and it STILL sucks, but not nearly as bad as it used to.

If you aren't willing to try to improve levels, what would be the point? "Screw Mystic Realm to make it better" is a contradictory statement. It's not screwing it if the end result is a better game.

Wooooooo... calm down everybody.

First of all thanks Kaysakado. That's something I can work with. ;)
I might have overreacted but you have to admit that sometimes jokes are hard to recognize in forums (especially in short texts).

BlueZero4 said:
Kaysakado, when I'm playing Morph's level pack I KNOW what I'm getting. I only play Mole's domain, a bit of Robodome and Skytouch. I acknowledge that Morph's level pack is horrendously hard, and I'm fine with it. I just plain avoid the hard stuff.
Which is not what a level creator wants the players to do. Seriously, if you really are into these things than you want to create something that is completely enjoyable. If I would make levels nobody wants to play it is pointless to do so.
There is a reason why I haven't upgraded the levels yet in detail and made them the way they should be: IT IS A PAIN IN THE A** !
Editing what was once meant to be finished is not (always) fun and really HARD work.
The reason why the pack is so incredibly hard is the fact that I thought during my newbie period that the levels and enemies of SRB2 sucked because they were not hard enough. Now I know that the levels of the staff are very enjoyable because of the detailed scenery and the fact that Sonic games basically are about enjoying speed. :-)

once again back to Kaysakado:

Ghost Crawlas: Yeah cheap, but serving their purpose. You might keep in mind that I created them shortly after I started soccing.

The Smiley Face robots: AWWWW, C'M'ON! ^^
To be honest I am kind of proud of them. They are not more or less meant to be challenging ground enemies AND I think they are well balanced. They have short shooting range, they don't fire rapid, they are not stupidely fast AND AWWWWW C'M'ON they are cute. ;-P

Turrets: There is only one turret in RDZ2...

That weird room with the hurting ceiling and red springs
: Kay cheap. ;)

That weird room with the lasers and blue springs checkered accross it
: Kay cheap BUT it looks cool.

That room where the pillars drop and you gte ambushed.
which of those? xD

That room with the big yellow laser in the middle and yelloy springs all around, and you have to divert your course on the springs to not hit the laser
: Wasn't it a funny idea to use springs (generally helpful items) as hazards? I thought so. I smile every time I am thinking: "Don't touch the springs, don't touch the springs, don't touch the... SHIT!"

OMG PAZ1-style deathpit platforming, with moving platforms=Phail. Make the platforms not move, or use some kind of freaky wind+LD executor to make you move with it.
Have you ever been outside there in the space jumping from meteor to meteor avoiding weapons and battle robots of a mad scientist fighting your way threw his giant battle station? :D
That's what this Zone was supposed to be. Do you think that would be easy? xD
Kay cheap and incredibly hard. Next one...

OMG weapon ringz
Well... and what's the point? If it is AGAIN about the difficulty I have to say:
Seriously there are no really challenging boss fights in other mods (besides Mystic Realm... but that's a supersonic boss...). Keeping in mind that the tactic for every boss is the same (get hit, hit the boss, recollect the rings, start all over again) I think this one is challenging, outstanding and not boring at the same time.
If not:
Should I draw different looking missiles or what?

Well, part of the problem, Morph, especially in the weapon ring level, is that most of the time the optimal tactic is to simply get hit intentionally for temporary invincibility.

Yeah that's the main tactic for every boss who has rings inside his level.
The difficulty here is to be able to get along with the few rings you have and not to be thrown into the lava.

That is not a good concept but I feel like having only two choices anyway:
- place no rings and force sonic to dodge the attacks
- place rings and and force sonic to get hit for temporary invincibility

because it is so easy to recollect rings in general...

:-/

Mystic said:
The general rule on difficulty is that the player should be able to beat the stage on the first try if they're good enough. Some of the stuff in this mod is simply unavoidable, even with essentially perfect reflexes, unless you already know it's there.
What about puzzles and gimmicks? I mean, some things shouldn't be able to be solved when you eye-ball them.

on Edge, I'm not saying that at all. My point is that if you have, say, a trap in the stage, and the player unwittingly triggers it, that player should still be able to avoid getting hit.

The player should never be incapable of avoiding a hazard or trap they didn't know was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back