Morph's Levelpack [scr_MLP05.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

name: Morph's Levelpack
download-link: RIGHTCLICK / SAVE AS , ; , Mirror 2 (Sendspace)
Mirrors might be broken! In this case use my web ftp directory: http://mitglied.lycos.de/machjetztendlich/some stuff/

------------------------------------

V04 download-links: rightclick and save as , ; , mirror2 (the picture is the link)
------------------------------------

A new release of my levelpack, now in the new forum. Some of you might remember this little project. For those who don't know and for those who want to see screenshots, just search in the old releases board and look into the old topic. I won't link the pictures again...

So what is new?
- One new level, Skytouch Mountain Zone [MAP07], is available. Sonic follows Eggman's trace higher and higher, until he finds a special cannon at the top of the mountain...
- Star Trouble Zone has been changed. I connected many sectors and opened the viewfield to improve the atmosphere. Actually SMS gave me the idea to do this in the old topic, so I have to thank him for that, even if it was PURE EVIL to edit and fixx all the appearing bugs! ^^
- The invincibility-bug and the death-state of the last boss have been fixxed.
- One little cutscene introduces the last boss-fight.
- The player gets a hint after he has pushed the button in MD2 now.

I hope you enjoy my work and leave some comments, so that I am able to improve all levels, which would be the next step I have to do.

P.S.: The pack is still hard to beat, but I don't think I'll make it easier. Levelselect and unlockables are still activated, so that you can test every map, even if you are not able to beat one level.

o.o Eggman asploded.

Anyways, this was rather nice, but I do have a complaint, the miniboss-like-thing of Star Trouble Zone is pretty much impossible for someone whose control scheme dosen't take strafing into account.

Not to mention you seem to have built all the levels for Knux and Tails, then designed the final boss in a way that only someone as fast as Sonic can beat him D:

Actually I beat the whole pack with sonic and without strafe easily... :?

I might make a video to give a proof.

Super mystic sonic said:
Wow, and I thought you were dead.

Awesome comeback, be sure to try it right away. BTW, you should give this thing a name.

Hmm, mind if I came up with a name?

How about...The Meteor Zone.*Since it goes to the meteor in STZ*Just helping out alittle bit.

SonicX8000 said:
Hmm, mind if I came up with a name?

How about...The Meteor Zone.*Since it goes to the meteor in STZ*Just helping out a little bit.
Well... I am not a friend of such names, because they let things sound more important than they are. I thought that "Morph's Levelpack" was already a very good name for this pack, because it describes exactly what it is. Not more, not less. ^^

I even don't want to compare my maps with the ones from the staff members. There is missing a lot to reach this quality.

But if you think that this deserves a special name than you can feel free to add suggestions, until it won't turn out something like
"TEH DARK, EV1L, BLACK, UNH0LY NIGHT OF SH4DOWS IN T3H DARKNEZZ"
if you understand what I mean. :-/

The name "The Meteor Zone" fits not very good, because the storyline (if you can call putting total different landscapes one after another so :mrgreen: ) is more like Sonic is chasing after eggman, who tried to build a secret laboratory in Mole's Domain and who wanted to install new researched weapons in the space TO GAIN WORLD DOMINATION.
So something like "the sly plan" would be more appropriate and doesn't give away too much information. The meteor should still be a surprise for players who try to beat the pack their first time...

---------------------------------

EDIT:

Hm... seems like nobody wants to give a comment. Are there more of you having problems to download? I really want to get constructive criticism now that all levels are basically done and now that I am able to improve one after another...
What do you think about the new mountain level? What does suck in this wad or what was a good idea (^^)?
Please tell me your opinion.

Robodome

The music for it is annoyingly awesome, any ideas how I could use it for future levels that i might make?

The hint you recieve in MD2 is a tad wierd, I mean, how does Sonic know it happened towards the beginning of the level?
I still like "Somewhere, something happened"

The mountain zone is fine, in fact, it's awesome. My only complaint is the texture you used for the clouds... does it really work?

Draykon said:
The hint you recieve in MD2 is a tad wierd, I mean, how does Sonic know it happened towards the beginning of the level?

The mountain zone is fine, in fact, it's awesome. My only complaint is the texture you used for the clouds... does it really work?

Why not have it say "Something's happened back the way we came!" instead? That seems like something Sonic would say.

And I think the clouds look fine... One question, though. Why are you able to stand on some clouds but not on others?

SWP (SRB2) said:
The music for it is annoyingly awesome, any ideas how I could use it for future levels that i might make?
www.vgmusic.com

Draykon said:
Never thought about that... This is actually better, because it is shorter. ^^
Draykon said:
Hm... Do you mean the fact, that in some parts of the level grafic bugs occur, because the FOFs are placed in too giant sectors (ceiling height problem) or what was your point? :?
Anyway, thx for the compliment. :wink:

Boinciel said:
One question, though. Why are you able to stand on some clouds but not on others?
Because some of them are intangible and some are just translucent platforms. ^^
Well... maybe I should change this. Right now you are just able to stand upon clouds, which are meant to work as platforms. The other ones are just scenery.

What is it called.

Robodomes song, what game is it from, what level, what console, I need to know, also how do you use it in a level, could you tell me how?

Nono, no actual bugs. It's just, the texture you're using is meant for water, the way it animates just looks sorta wierd.

Well, me and Ivan played through it in a Netgame earlier. Starlit Trouble WAS trouble. So much, that we had to map to the next one. Then the Two Green Eggman's. That was hell D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back