• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

RBSonic - A thread.

This seems like another alt sonic, not that it's bad, just that it seems like another alt sonic

Little rude but I understand, the influx of Sonic mods are just mind-boggling. Its definitely not "another Alt Sonic," I'm not wanting to diss or say that Alt Sonic isn't a fun-to-play, simple and polished mod; it's just RBSonic has (or will) have a level of polish that I'm excited to see. The level of versatility in both is amazing, but I'm sorry to say this, RB just feels way more versatile than AltSonic.

Little rude but I understand, the influx of Sonic mods are just mind-boggling. Its definitely not "another Alt Sonic," I'm not wanting to diss or say that Alt Sonic isn't a fun-to-play, simple and polished mod; it's just RBSonic has (or will) have a level of polish that I'm excited to see. The level of versatility in both is amazing, but I'm sorry to say this, RB just feels way more versatile than AltSonic.

RBsonic seems like a cross between Sonic, Tails (for the fact he can reach high places) & Knuckles (ability to use walls for advantages) gameplay with the only addition being speed and the high risk n' reward of using the moves

RBsonic seems like a cross between Sonic, Tails (for the fact he can reach high places) & Knuckles (ability to use walls for advantages) gameplay with the only addition being speed and the high risk n' reward of using the moves

Perfection of a Description:
Highly Risky but Insane Amounts of Award for pulling off high speed control, utilizing every last move in this mod to the limit. That's what RBSonic is made of.

So, uh, I reused Katmint's Insta Shield, mainly because I couldn't be bothered to recode it, but I had to do a slight edit and make it like the shield abilities in terms of activation (because otherwise it sorta ruined the whole combo idea with the Rising Thwick and Drop Dash): Double-tap Spin in the air.
srb20757.gif

Redesigned the Rising Thwick:
It's basically now a fusion of the Rebound Dash's hovering and Earless Reredo's Alt Jump-Thok.
How it works is the following:
- Press Jump the first time in the air to perform a Thok that's heavily based off your current momentum, and to hover for up to half a second as long as you hold down Jump. The hover cancels if you slow down to a stop however, so the first stage is in essence null and void if standing still.
- Press Jump a second time to perform a Double Jump which uncurls you and disables Air Roll until you hit the ground.

Feels a bit janky rn, but feels a lot better to me.
srb20767.gif

Redesigned the Rising Thwick:
It's basically now a fusion of the Rebound Dash's hovering and Earless Reredo's Alt Jump-Thok.
How it works is the following:
- Press Jump the first time in the air to perform a Thok that's heavily based off your current momentum, and to hover for up to half a second as long as you hold down Jump. The hover cancels if you slow down to a stop however, so the first stage is in essence null and void if standing still.
- Press Jump a second time to perform a Double Jump which uncurls you and disables Air Roll until you hit the ground.

Feels a bit janky rn, but feels a lot better to me.
srb20767.gif

That sounds way more complicated to explain that showing it honestly, but that Alternate Thwick looks really fun (and reckless too). Thing I love about it is that you have insane air control (even though SRB2 has crazy air control already) and basically curve around corners with no speed loss! Question I have is, does slowing down lose your spin state or keep it (same goes for holding jump till the half a second is over)

That sounds way more complicated to explain that showing it honestly, but that Alternate Thwick looks really fun (and reckless too). Thing I love about it is that you have insane air control (even though SRB2 has crazy air control already) and basically curve around corners with no speed loss! Question I have is, does slowing down lose your spin state or keep it (same goes for holding jump till the half a second is over)

You keep it unless you perform the Double Jump.

Kinda hope there are no other gazillions of moves in the work.
First because it would need a lot of coding, secondly because otherwise it would be difficult to maneuver and hard to master for everyone

Kinda hope there are no other gazillions of moves in the work.
First because it would need a lot of coding, secondly because otherwise it would be difficult to maneuver and hard to master for everyone

The only time a bunch more moves will show up is when I make Hyper.

imagine how strong it would unironically be if it was in SRB2Persona (or rather, it would be a different character than Vanilla Sonic)

sorry for the bump here (i'm not gonna do it again if it's considered annoying, don't worry), but is there any new progress with RBSonic done?

Apologies for not saying anything for 3 weeks.

I had put this mod on hiatus over a month ago, due to one big reason: I felt, with the fact that it relied heavily on an option, that it wasn't good enough. On top of that, it was a disorderly mess of concepts.

But, just today, I suddenly had a realization:
"What if I made RBSonic into something showing the true power of Classic Sonic?"

So, I'd expect to hear some stuff here once more, but I'm still currently figuring out the basic Jump ability, after all, I'm not sure if Rising Thwick will fit with this new direction.

Apologies for not saying anything for 3 weeks.

I had put this mod on hiatus over a month ago, due to one big reason: I felt, with the fact that it relied heavily on an option, that it wasn't good enough. On top of that, it was a disorderly mess of concepts.

But, just today, I suddenly had a realization:
"What if I made RBSonic into something showing the true power of Classic Sonic?"

So, I'd expect to hear some stuff here once more, but I'm still currently figuring out the basic Jump ability, after all, I'm not sure if Rising Thwick will fit with this new direction.

nerfed SMS

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back