SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Miscellaneous

Kart Rush: Race the Clock (KL_KartRush-v1.0.pk3) Details »»
Kart Rush: Race the Clock (KL_KartRush-v1.0.pk3)
Version: 1.0, by ProfessorRenderer (Professor Science Bear) ProfessorRenderer is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (1 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 01-08-2020 Last Update: Never Installs: 2
SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

Quote:
In the event I do not log in for two months and cannot be contacted, I give blanket permission for Kart Krew and their appointed staff to coordinate and approve the porting and maintenance of my SRB2Kart releases on the SRB2MB, except where stated otherwise. I reserve the right to ask for those ports to be taken down or replaced if I return. You may not edit my work to create other content (such as Original Characters or Remix Stages) unless specified.
Have you ever wanted to have a heart-stopping race against a ticking time bomb? Well, now you can!

Kart Rush: Race the Clock is a modification of Latius's Countdown and Daytona Kart mods intended for single player that has players completing as many zones as possible before time runs out.

So, how do you play?

Kart Rush: Race the Clock adds a bomb timer from A Hat in Time, located at the bottom right of the screen. Your goal is to complete as many maps as possible before your time runs out and you explode. For each lap you complete, you'll earn points based on the difficulty you select. When you complete a map, you earn points based on how much time you had left, plus the difficulty bonus. You will also be awarded a time bonus at the start of the next map. The higher the difficulty, the tighter the time limit and the more score you earn.

You are able to change the difficulty to one of 7 modes:
  • Noob: 150% time limit, 50% score
  • Easiest: 125% time limit, 75% score
  • Easy: 110% time limit, 90% score
  • Normal: Default Kart Rush time limit and score
  • Hard: 95% time limit, 105% score
  • Expert: 90% time limit, 120% score
  • Master: 80% time limit, 180% score
You're also able to force a difficulty update or turn on adaptive difficulty in the standard mode, which changes the difficulty after a streak of six maps.

But what if I wanted to play the game like a Grand Prix?

We have you covered! GP Mode lets you choose your starting map and takes you through random maps with increasing difficulty as you play the game. Completing a number of maps will increase the difficulty based on preset.

Or, if you're looking for a challenge, try Death Wish Mode!

Death Wish Mode drops you into Green Hills Zone and gives you 1000 seconds to complete as many maps possible. After the first map, you will gain half the normal time you would get outside of Death Wish Mode. Bumping into walls or falling off the map will make you lose time.

Heads-Up Display:

Sound fun? Give Kart Rush: Race the Clock a try!

Special Thanks:

Latius, the co-creator of Kart Rush: Race the Clock
Fav, for creating the original A Hat in Time timers
TorLes, for creating the updated A Hat in Time timers

And all the beta testers playing the game and testing it!

Console Commands:
  • kr_welcome: Displays a welcome message containing all the commands.
  • kr_help: Provides explanations for the various commands.
  • kr_gphelp: Displays the difficulty scaling for the current GP.
CVars:
  • kr_daytona: Toggles the Daytona-styled timer from Latius's Daytona Kart mod. Default off.
  • kr_daytonatenth: Toggles the tenths place on the Daytona-styled timer. Default on.
  • kr_daytonaspeed: Changes the speedometer type on the Daytona-styled timer. Default miles.
  • kr_dwsoul: Toggles the Death Wish soul timer (Hat Kid's soul) from A Hat in Time. Default off.
  • kr_gpmusic: Toggles music during GP Mode. Music comes from A Hat in Time. Default off.
NetVars:
  • kr_diff: Sets the difficulty, altering the time limit and score multiplier. Check above for difficulty settings. Host only, default normal.
  • kr_force: Toggles difficulty forcing. Enabling this command will force a difficulty change onto the next map. Host only, default off.
  • kr_adapt: Toggles adaptive difficulty. The difficulty will change based on player performance and streak. Host only, default off.
  • kr_deathwish: Toggles Death Wish Mode. Host only, default off.
  • kr_gp: Toggles GP Mode. Default off.
  • kr_gprift: Toggles Rift Collapse effects (rainbow flashing) when playing Encore maps during GP Mode. WARNING: IF YOU ARE PRONE TO SEIZURES, DO NOT TURN ON THIS COMMAND. Default off.
  • kr_gptype: Sets GP type, which changes the number of map clears until the next difficulty change. Default "Default GP."
Possible GP Mode types:
  • Default GP: The regular GP Mode.
  • Legacy GP: The original GP Mode used during beta testing.
  • Rookie GP: Beginners should start here. Difficulty changes every 5 maps.
  • Challenge GP: For experts at GP Mode.
  • Zone GP: A GP based on the zones from Wipeout's Zone mode.

Spoiler: Version Changelog

V1.0: Initial release.

Download Now

File Type: pk3 KL_KartRush-v1.0.pk3 (24.24 MB, 210 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0012.gif
Views:	854
Size:	4.10 MB
ID:	25203   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0184.png
Views:	852
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	25204   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0011.gif
Views:	856
Size:	6.58 MB
ID:	25205   Click image for larger version

Name:	kartrushhowtoplay.png
Views:	834
Size:	495.7 KB
ID:	25206   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0013.gif
Views:	845
Size:	4.79 MB
ID:	25207  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 01-09-2020   #2
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renderer View Post
Am I okay for releases now that the filename is correct?
Yes, you are! I tried to release this last night but the website's server went down as I tried to do so, so sorry for the wait.

I actually really happen to like this, it's good fun and GP Mode stands on its own as an enjoyable single-player experience. The only thing I think this thread needs is a list of console commands in the opening post of the release topic to make things a little easier to use, but that's hardly something to hold this back in submissions for.
Old 01-09-2020   #3
ProfessorRenderer
Professor Science Bear

Ah, yeah, that would be a good thing to do. Commands have now been posted.
ProfessorRenderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020   #4
Latius
Hybrid Kart Mapper/Porter

Well, for now, I'll put them here - and will have this as any updates which I need to point out about.

Code:
Commands:
kr_welcome = Displays a welcome message and a list of commands
kr_help <command> = Gives help on how to use a command, and the current value of said command if it's a CVar or NetVar
kr_gphelp = Shows the currently selected GP Mode's difficulty settings

CVars:
kr_daytona = Allows you to use the Daytona HUD for the speedometer. Defaults to OFF
kr_daytonatenth = Increases the precision of the speedometer to show tenths. Defaults to ON
kr_daytonaspeed = Changes the units of the Daytona speedometer, between MPH, KM/H, M/S, FU/T, KNOT and FT/S. Defaults to MPH
kr_dwsoul = Changes the Death Wish timer to include Hat Kid's Soul. Defaults to OFF
kr_gpmusic = Changes the music which is played based on the current difficulty level in GP Mode. Defaults to OFF
(Calm Hour on Easiest and Noob, Rush Hour on Easy, Train Rush on Normal, Sped Up Train Rush on Hard, Wound Up Windmill on Expert,  Mustache Girl EX on Master, Collapsing Rift on Encore)

NetVars:
kr_diff = Sets the starting difficulty. Defaults to NORMAL
kr_force = Forces the difficulty to reset next map. Does not work if in GP or Death Wish mode, or if Adaptive Difficulty is turned on. Defaults to OFF
kr_adapt = Adapts the difficulty upwards the better you play. Defaults to OFF
kr_deathwish = Enables Death Wish Mode. Defaults to OFF
kr_gpmode = Enables GP Mode. Defaults to OFF
kr_gprift = Enables the collapsing rift effects in Encore maps. DO NOT USE IF YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR SERVER IS PRONE TO SEIZURES! Defaults to OFF
kr_gptype = Changes the next GP's type to one of the following: Default, Legacy, Rookie, Challenge or Zone. Defaults to DEFAULT.

'Secret' CVar:
rtc_pa = Toggles the bomb's announcements. Defaults to ON.

SRB2Kart Track Mapper
Latius is offline   Reply With Quote