SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

Better Single-player Bots Details »»
Better Single-player Bots
Developer Last Online: Jul 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.00 average)
Released: 12-23-2019 Last Update: Never Favourites: 2
Scripts

This mod does a few things to make single-player companion bots (Tails by default, but these changes should extend to any character) in single-player mode a little bit less annoying and a little bit more helpful:
  • Bots can live without air, and no longer drown or suffocate.
  • Bots cannot push objects such as Gargoyles around, keeping them placed exactly where you positioned them.
  • When in first-person view, a new HUD icon will appear to indicate when a bot is ready to pick you up.

Download Now

File Type: zip VL_BetterSPBot-v1.zip (1.2 KB, 446 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20003.gif
Views:	692
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	24217  

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 12-24-2019   #2
MellowJacket
The unreliable judge
Judge

Thanks for making Tails smarter for us!
Old 12-24-2019   #3
kiro the hedgehog

Very good. I would even say these changes should be implemented in the official game. Makes no sense for Tails to be constantly drowning and coming back to life in DSZ, since he has no lives system anyway..
And I can't see a situation where his ability to push things would ever be useful, unless the devs were to add the option of switching control between characters and stay/follow commands and use these to complete puzzles. But then you're just creating a whole mechanic and modifying the levels for something that doesn't really add that much fun to the game and the other solo characters won't be using
kiro the hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019   #4
MK.exe
The one and only!

Quit staring at me with them big ol' eyes
Old 01-12-2020   #5
Red The Pyrohog
SMB1 Mario for SRB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the hedgehog View Post
Very good. I would even say these changes should be implemented in the official game. Makes no sense for Tails to be constantly drowning and coming back to life in DSZ, since he has no lives system anyway..
And I can't see a situation where his ability to push things would ever be useful, unless the devs were to add the option of switching control between characters and stay/follow commands and use these to complete puzzles. But then you're just creating a whole mechanic and modifying the levels for something that doesn't really add that much fun to the game and the other solo characters won't be using
Ya mind? We're having a smart Tails moment.