• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok sorry, I know I said this is the last update, but I was impatient and I made the level longer... I added to the level new corridor and placed checkpoints in more places...
You are not done yet. you made a big error in your new corridor. You do NOT place a check point right by where you have badniks, especially one's that can shoot!

Why did you also make it connect to right after the crushers on the conveyor belt?

By the way, an easy way to tell in game if you have good walls is if knuckles can climb them. if he can't and they don't have a flag that prevents him from climbing it, then you have a problem.

By the way, an easy way to tell in game if you have good walls is if knuckles can climb them. if he can't and they don't have a flag that prevents him from climbing it, then you have a problem.

So, can I know what the problem is?

Well, I still don't know what is the problem, when knuckles can't climb a wall, and the wall doesn't check the flag: "Not Climbable", but I can say, I connected the final room to the crushers room, because if I will not connect the final room to any room, so the final room will become a big error...

The badniks problem has been solved, and now you can do the final checkpoint without worry about any enemy, and another thing, there is a teleporter now at the first room, and you will turn on the teleporter at the first room, if you will be at the final room, that means, that you can teleport with the teleporter at the final room to the first room, and then you can teleport with the first teleporter (because you was at the final room) to the final room.

So, for who can solve the problem that knuckles can't climb on climbable walls, you can tell me how to solve it...

Attachments

• sc_robotniklaboratory.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 121
So, can I know what the problem is?
Well let's see if I can figure it out. I'll do the same thing for you I did for the other stage.

labfix.png

Apparently, the sectors circled in red triggered the collision issues with the walls as they made the level too tall.

Well let's see if I can figure it out. I'll do the same thing for you I did for the other stage.

labfix.png

Apparently, the sectors circled in red triggered the collision issues with the walls as they made the level too tall.

There is only one problem.

The "Unneeded Things" that you marked as yellow, is The Skybox.

I know that, but when the player can see the skybox, they can see all those rings and springs you placed in it though some of the walls of the sky box buildings.

I know that, but when the player can see the skybox, they can see all those rings and springs you placed in it though some of the walls of the sky box buildings.

No problem, I removed all the things except the skybox viewpoint at the sectors that belong to the skybox...

Attachments

5.5 MB · Views: 115
your level is crashing now. I think this means you need to fix your broken sectors now. (use f4 to help find them)

Last edited:
your level is crashing now. I think this means you need to fix your broken sectors now. (use f4 to help find them)

Oops, sorry about this, I backuped the map, and removed all the rings and the springs again from the skybox sectors again...

Attachments

5.5 MB · Views: 107
I fixed some unclosed sectors, but still, the sectors still look broken... Whatever, here:

(Changed "sc_robotniklaboratory.wad to scr_robotniklaboratory.wad)

Attachments

• scr_robotniklaboratory.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Good job on fixing all the broken sectors in Act 1!

For Act 2 criticism, remember the rule about OGG music only being allowed if it's under 2mb. The boss also flees kinda too far away, to the point that it feels annoying. If you can fix the music though, then Act 2 can be included no problem.

Three days left...

Last edited:
Good job on fixing all the broken sectors in Act 1!

For Act 2 criticism, remember the rule about OGG music only being allowed if it's under 2mb. The boss also flees kinda too far away, to the point that it feels annoying. If you can fix the music though, then Act 2 can be included no problem.

Three days left...

I changed the music of Act 2 to a different music that is not a custom music:

Attachments

1.2 MB · Views: 133
ddkjzp.png

Tried to made a teleporter that looks like the teleporter that moving the player after 4 seconds from ERZ2.

You can try it. (It's at the end of the oil room)

And I did some moving doors near the goal...

Attachments

1.2 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
srb20015.gif

ROCKET LAUNCHER launches you at the end, NOW WE'RE TALKING!

Attachments

1.2 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Updated my map. The wind effect should be less of a jerk now, even if I didn't actually make it weaker. The level is slightly longer and there's a bunch of extra paths and stuff.

Guys, I have another question.

I saw some of you play on a server that called: "join #sugoi today for your free" and I was can't enter that server, because I don't know where you released: "sugoi.desu".

Can I now where and how you released "sugoi.desu"?

Join #sugoi today for your free sugoi.desu

Join #sugoi today for your free sugoi.desu

Can you guide me? I want to know how... I'm just asking, maybe I missed something?

Maybe you can send me the address of the website? Or just send me in PM the file?

Last edited:
We have an IRC channel at #sugoi. Idle in there if you are entering; it's a nice way to show off your work to others!

You probably missed this; when in doubt, check the opening post~

Click the link in that quote if you have an IRC client installed.

(Extra note: if you haven't entered, please don't join for the sake of downloading it every once in a while. Stick around a while please~)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back