Master Server Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right.

Dark Warrior said:
It's plenty fair. It's not your master server, you have no rights to it. Any access is a privilege that can be revoked at any time. The rules are a TOS doc. Don't like them? Host your own Master Server.

Fair? You think running around and hitting eachother with red rings for no reason and doing nothing else except talk sometimes is FAIR? I say it isn't. Neither is it FUN. I mean come on!!! It's just running around and hitting bots and finishing levels just to start over again and lose 100 times like you did before in the last game because you used the startlives cheat to give yourself 99 lives and when you get a game over you do the same thing again it's boring!!!

Then host your own game on your own MS, or don't advertise. The Master Server is not public property, and use is restricted as shown in the rules list. Don't like them? Too bad.

It's like playing...

It's like playing attack of the killer slugs in super slow motion where only you move regularly.

Re: WTF

Nechid said:
1. No chat, roleplay, hangout/chilling/party/etc. servers. The Master Server is for netgames where people are actually playing the game the way it is intended to be played. If you want to chat, roleplay, or hangout, either use a chatroom or host without advertising on the Master Server.

WTF no chat or role play or anything that people LIKE to do?!?!?!?!?!? That is way TOO unfair.
Too unfair to be true is what I say.
Mhm. The Master Server is for people who want to play the game, not for little kids to go and pretend they're a baby tails chao drinking milk, nor for people who want to talk to random people, and be stupid. Also, if it's "like attack of the slugs in slow motion" for you, you have a bad internet connection. And, if shooting things or beating the level isn't fun for you, then you probably shouldn't have decided to download this game in the first place. If you really want to chat, go to a chatroom. If you really want to roleplay, go to a RP chatroom or forum. Simple, no?

Nechid said:
Fair? You think running around and hitting eachother with red rings for no reason and doing nothing else except talk sometimes is FAIR? I say it isn't. Neither is it FUN. I mean come on!!! It's just running around and hitting bots and finishing levels just to start over again and lose 100 times like you did before in the last game because you used the startlives cheat to give yourself 99 lives and when you get a game over you do the same thing again it's boring!!!

Hey, everyone has their opinions. I propose to you, that walking around in circles doing nothing in particular whilst talking is quite boring, and can get very old very quickly (hangout). Role playing? A waste of time, and little options to do it with other than recolors and freaking hangout levels. Whether or not you want to admit it, SRB2 is actually a shooting/platform game. Yes, it's a shooter. Now that you know what type of game it is, doesn't the shooting make more sense? Moreover, SRB2 is a game completely modeled after the Doom Legacy engine. Doom Legacy is also a shooting game; as is the rest of the Doom series. Wouldn't it be logical to keep the shooting aspect of the game for multiplay, but add Sonic's classic platform feel in a 3D environment? It may not make sense to you, but I find that it makes a rather great balance between the two. Is is rational to hang out in a shooting game (imagine yourself hanging out in... oh, say, the original DOOM or something like that)? Not really. It's just a waste of time. I mean, why use a game as a medium to socialize with your friends when phoning/instant messaging/real life is a much better way to do that?

Just to correct some errors: If you're stuck playing with bots in SRB2JTE, then you have no friends or are too lazy to netgame with these rules. They aren't going to change, and nothing you say or do is going to change that. If you actually need to use STARTLIVES 99 (which isn't a 'cheat'; it's a console variable) and just end up losing 100 times, then this game isn't for you. The easiest way to beat levels is use Tails, and if you lose even then, just stop playing because it's basically pointless. I mean, no one here is going to say it's extremely difficult to beat any level in SRB2 as Tails (easiest), or any other character. To end: you're not even talking about any other modes except Co-op, which is very depressing. I find I may be talking to a person who not only finds the other modes boring only because they cannot be affiliated with hangout or RP, but hasn't even tried to grasp the true fun of what is available. If you really hate the rules and really have that much difficulty playing the game, then I'm sorry... but you have to find another game.

Re: Yeah right.

Nechid said:

Thats the basic idea of ALL sonic games, if you haven't noticed.

Logan has kindly allowed us to rape his internet connection so that we can have an organized means of accesing netgames. If we aren't willing to obey a few simple rules he's set in place, I think THAT'S unfair.

The master server exists as a physical object, it costs money to obtain, and to maintain. The fact that Logan's letting us access it for free is something you should be THANKFULL for. If you don't like the way he handles things, you're free to compile up an MS binary and host it yourself, or better yet, just play netgames without the MS. Or, best of all, just hangout on MSN or AIM or something. SRB2 sucks for avatar chat.

You know...

You know alot of people really don't give a crap wether or not it's against the rules... Some people just run around doing random glitching.

Re: WTF

Nechid said:
You know alot of people really don't give a crap wether or not it's against the rules... Some people just run around doing random glitching.
And a lot people don't give a crap if, say, rape or murder is against the law. Some people go around stalking, raping and murdering other people.
While not even remotely on the same scale as those two horrible crimes, the point is that they shouldn't be allowed just because some people are selfish and don't care what the host has to put up with. Pretend that you're hosting the MS. Every time someone searches the MS for a game, accesses the MS, or hosts, a bit of your internet connection is chopped off. Would you really be willing to host any and every game at the expense of your connection? No? Thought so. So these rules were put in place.

Nechid said:
"like attack of the slugs in slow motion"

When I say that I mean how boring it is.

Well that's too bad. It's not your server, you don't make the rules. You have the ability to host the games off the master server, you have the ability to host your own master server. If you want to play SRB2 that way, do it off the MS, or do it on your own MS. :\

It's a technical problem really. The Host Game menu needs a little '[ ] Hangout' checkbox, and a way to hide those when browsing the list. Problem solved.

If that were the case,
there wouldn't be a lot of servers
actually showing up on the MS would there?

In the case of Nechrid, the MS has a set of laws, just like real life.
If you do not follow those laws, your punished. Simple no?

Get over the rules. Have fun with the game.
It isn't our problem if you're bored with the game.

yeesh.

EDIT: Also, to help the post above me, I would say, hangout
as a gametype, this way only hangout servers show. keeping from
cluttering the MS list, and keeping *cough*n00bs*cough* satisfied too.

I vote on a "hangout" box that checks if the MS is srb2.servegame.org, and automatically sends an e-mail to Logan with the IP of the offender, and it doesn't advertise!

Kaysakado said:
I vote on a "hangout" box that checks if the MS is srb2.servegame.org, and automatically sends an e-mail to Logan with the IP of the offender, and it doesn't advertise!

Logan's E-mail will = Spam if he were to do that. >>

OK, then the masterserver program can be modified to allow banning people as a feature, instead of using your firewall, and then it just sends a signal to the MS prgoram to tell it to ban the IP.

Kaysakado said:
OK, then the masterserver program can be modified to allow banning people as a feature, instead of using your firewall, and then it just sends a signal to the MS prgoram to tell it to ban the IP.

BSOD_2.gif

Wouldn't that happen if he got too many bans at once? o.O?

EDIT: This idea is better though.

You know, this has pretty much no effect on anything.

"OLOL I'M SPAMMING RETARDED IMAGES SEVERAL TIMES IN A POST AND POSTING RANDOMLY ACROSS THE BOARD OLOLOLOL I'M SO CLEVER ZOMG"

Just move along... nothing to see here.

WEEEEEEE said:
http://mykaki.org/JBGOekaki/pictures/6.pnghttp://mykaki.org/JBGOekaki/pictures/6.pnghttp://mykaki.org/JBGOekaki/pictures/6.pnghttp://mykaki.org/JBGOekaki/pictures/6.pnghttp://mykaki.org/JBGOekaki/pictures/6.png

HAHAHAHA

And this, guys, is how you fail epicly. Not being able to even put a link correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back