This kirby seems like it's based off Adventure and Super Star rather than his other incarnations.

Kinda weird he doesn't get Bomb out of Fang's, well, bombs.

Too bad he doesn't have the infinite flight he has in some games. It makes sense of course, wouldn't want him to just make a mockery of the platforming like Tails already does, but it would have made sense here in these expansive 3D environments than in the poky 2D hallways Kirby usually traverses.

This kirby seems like it's based off Adventure and Super Star rather than his other incarnations.

That's something I really like about this mod tbh. From the visuals to the powerups Kirby is very much feeling like his classic self. Like Sonic, Kirby transitioned to a "newer" style after Return to Dreamland came out, both visually and in gameplau.

Kinda weird he doesn't get Bomb out of Fang's, well, bombs.

I see it as a reference to Poppy Bros boss fight, where the same rule applies. The character boss fights are closer to being minibosses (which only provide projectiles to fire back) than bosses (which sometimes drop abilities to use).

Too bad he doesn't have the infinite flight he has in some games. It makes sense of course, wouldn't want him to just make a mockery of the platforming like Tails already does, but it would have made sense here in these expansive 3D environments than in the poky 2D hallways Kirby usually traverses.

In the 2D games, the low ceilings and cramped spaces ensure that Kirby cannot completely bypass the platforming, as there's a fairly low limit to how far Kirby can get above the ground, and Kirby is much less agile while flying. This is not the case in SRB2; even the indoor levels with cramped corridors have high ceilings, presumably to avoid camera problems.

Well, Tails is meant to be an easy mode for people who have some troubles with platforming (especially during the 2.0-2.1 days) As for Kirby he got limited flight in Kirby 64 (the first "3D" game in the serie) but I'd agree that it would be too op for a fully 3D game.

That's something I really like about this mod tbh. From the visuals to the powerups Kirby is very much feeling like his classic self. Like Sonic, Kirby transitioned to a "newer" style after Return to Dreamland came out, both visually and in gameplau.
I would say that "modern Kirby" started with Returns to Dreamland (because of his logo change) but the 2000's were filled with games that were either remakes, spin-offs or simply not made by Hal lab. so I agree that RtDl is the first "truly modern" Kirby game in the serie.

Kirby can afford to have infinite flight in the 2D games precisely because it can't just carry him over entire levels.

Kirby can afford to have infinite flight in the 2D games precisely because it can't just carry him over entire levels.

Even then that's still dependent largely on the level design itself.

The reason why limited flight was necessary in Kirby 64 is because certain challenges were designed under the pretense that Kirby couldn't just fly over everything without consequence. It's a lot more depend on platforming than some other Kirby games. Kirby's Adventure and Kirby's Dreamland don't have this problem, but Kirby's Dreamland has limited screen space that inherently restricts how powerful Kirby's flight is, while Kirby's Adventure compensates for the open nature of certain levels by incorporating lots of flying enemies into its level design to fill the open space.

Our design is more akin to something like Kirby 64's, in the sense that the levels expect the player to be spending a good chunk of their playtime on the ground. It's reasonable to enforce flight limits if it means that players are more likely to engage with the level design.

when i read
There may be other copy abilities hidden somewhere... Maybe try copying some other characters on the message board?
does that mean that there would be some "secret" abilities?
what I think is that there are probably more abilities that are not put on the list, but now the question is: what are those who gives these "hidden" abilities?

All the abilities are really fun, but there's one that just really shines, uglyknux's ability just, oh no is basically it in a nutshell

This feels like if Kirby Air Ride was released for the N64 and didn't force you to always ride a star.

I know this Kirby is based around Kirby's Adventure but is it possible to give the Cupido or Archer ability when inhaling Robo-hoods? Feels weird inhaling it and give you nothing

The Character is very fun.

And can also be broken at some times. Case and Point;

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 1,010
This is a great mod! Except when you have the ball ability and you hit the floor in the techno hill water, if you dont press spin you will stay there and drown

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back