Suggestions

A quick connect:

After you've LISTSERV'd, you can use something like connect -N. (N is a number of order of a list).

So, if you type connect -2, you'll be connected to the 2nd server listed by LISTSERV. If connect -8, the 8th server on the list. If just connect, SRB2 will pick up any server randomly.

1) A bustable block that simulates glass

With glass debris and sound of a glass breaking.

See also: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?p=707761#post707761

2) Boss "teleport" effect as alternative to the "Fly-away boss"

Today, a boss flies away when he is defeated by the player. I'd like to set a flag (Object Special?) which gives the boss a "fake teleport": after the player has defeated the boss, he starts to blink and disappears from player's sight.

3) New state "Gridding/Slipping"

gridding.png

(I don't know if it'll fit well, I'm just dropping some of my crazy ideas)

4) "Vehicle" Objects

Vehicle objects can be any object that follows or carry the player. While the player is using such object, this object can force the player into certain state and/or lock the player's movements. This object can "clip" player's sprite (or place it behind) to simulate that the player is inside vehicle object (e.g. mine cart).

Examples of vehicle object: mine cart (S2), snowboard (S3&K), spinning top (S3&K), air-glide, ERZ3's missiles.

5) Circular Zoom-Tube/Curve axis for Zoom-tube

Currently, if I want to create a curved zoom-tube, I have to do place tons of ZT waypoints, But the movement isn't smooth and the camera shakes a lot. It would be like something similar to the Nights Axis, but with a rear view and spinning animation. By checking a thing flag, the waypoint is "converted" into an arc axis for zoom tube.

axis2.png

Last edited:
Make it so Spectators can fly around the level freely, unlike a player, this would allow SRB2 machinimas to be made easily. Also, a freefly mode that can only activate with devmode.

Code:
[00:10] <Kaysakado> guys i just had an awesome idea for dark city
[00:10] <Kaysakado> there should be a blackout halfway through the stage like in Carnival Night

Some way to copy and paste wad names into the console. It's annoying to keep going back to your desktop to make sure everything is typed correctly.

A maincfg entry that automatically adds an external wad when loaded. Would be useful for releases of levels with music and other large files that remain the same between versions.

A maincfg entry that automatically adds an external wad when loaded. Would be useful for releases of levels with music and other large files that remain the same between versions.

Really? I thought there was a function in MainCFG Category which allows you to load a cfg file or something. Doesn't that allow you to do a bit of scripting? Or am I using the wrong words?

Somebody on Sonic Retro mentioned the NiGHTS music in my hack and it reminded me that SRB2 uses a rip of a mix of Paternal Horn for Spring Hill, but the MIDI version is actually The Amazing Water instead. I don't know if SRB2 is trying to avoid using direct game rips outside of that, but I did rip and fix up a MIDI of Paternal Horn from Sonic Pinball Party a while ago, if that would be a suitable replacement. It's not the version that SRB2 uses (it's the original tune, before the Nightopians change emotions), and I know that tinkering with the MIDI soundtrack isn't exactly the most pressing matter, but I figured that posting it wouldn't hurt.

New Sector Type/Linedef Type: Trigger Linedef Executor - Floor Spin - All Players/One player

Works like Trigger Linedef Executor - Floor Touch - All Players and Trigger Linedef Executor - Floor Touch - One Player. This sector type requires that the player charges a spin dash on the floor of the tagged sector for the linedef executor trigger to be activated.

A Floor Spin Trigger Linedef Type could work like Linedef Type 190 with "No climb" flag.

Example: player steps on a pulley/wheel and spins to lift a platform or raise the ground. While the player spins, the linedef executor is triggered; if he stops, the linedef executor ceases; if he returns to spin, the linedef executor is triggered again.

Last edited:
Launcher :P

I'm sure the old launcher can be downloaded somewhere...

What might be even better would be a launcher that's a standard part of the game, and maintained by the staff as such. Is the person who created the 1.09 era-launcher still about?

EDIT - Disregard the above. I downloaded the launcher, it works fine, and I love it. I would recommend that it is put in an accessible place on the website, though, and is regularly maintained by the staff.

Last edited:
Prehaps there could be a command that would be the opposite of forceskin that would prevent you from using a character (And would most likely get rid of those thokfest whiners)...

And maybe something like a flight time for character wads so that flying characters don't have to be Tails clones...

Prehaps there could be a command that would be the opposite of forceskin that would prevent you from using a character (And would most likely get rid of those thokfest whiners)...

And maybe something like a flight time for character wads so that flying characters don't have to be Tails clones...

Banskin? (We don't have this, but I assume that this would be the command)

How about a Supervirus Tag mode?
Here's how it would work:
Players spawn. Random player gets supervirus(auto-runs, no brakes),timer ticks down.
Whoever has the supervirus when time runs out dies and the game picks another victim.
Scoring would be similar to normal Tag mode.

I'm gonna tell my ideas for SRB2, I guess. Sorry if I suggest stuff wich were suggested!

-Super Emeralds, an ability to go hyper, Tails could go super.

-More character making flexibility, like supercolor, waterskip, and maybe custom character abilities.

-Less difficulty: Maybe just I'm a bad gamer, but it took me 45 minutes to complete Egg Rock Zone Act 2....

-More enemies: In GFZ, we have blue crawlas, fishes. Hope to see them in future versions! :D

-Maybe a Domination mode, which is practically a mix of Match and CTF.
There are multiple bases in the map, 2 teams own 1-1 of them. Players can capture neutral bases, as well as the other team's bases. The goal is to have the most bases until the time limit expires.

-Super Emeralds, an ability to go hyper, Tails could go super.
AKA, remove all gameplay. S3&K only added hypers to make people collect a second emerald set. Hypers were OVERKILL.

-More character making flexibility, like supercolor, waterskip, and maybe custom character abilities.

Those were removed for a REASON. Thank SMS for the majority of it!

-Less difficulty: Maybe just I'm a bad gamer, but it took me 45 minutes to complete Egg Rock Zone Act 2....

Do keep in mind that two zones and 2 more acts for previous zones and MAYBE a 1 act zone are yet to be put in.

-More enemies: In GFZ, we have blue crawlas, fishes. Hope to see them in future versions! :D

There are super simple enemies in GFZ for a reason.

-Maybe a Domination mode, which is practically a mix of Match and CTF.
There are multiple bases in the map, 2 teams own 1-1 of them. Players can capture neutral bases, as well as the other team's bases. The goal is to have the most bases until the time limit expires.

You mean CP? Well, I dunno how that would work in SRB2. SRB2 is a game based on moving around a lot you know, and standing still or being in a small space makes you a giant target. Though, that and KOTH might be possible...

Those were removed for a REASON. Thank SMS for the majority of it!
Character creation is ridiculously nerfed in the current version. Jazz has publicly stated this and explained Mystic wanted to get rid of the overpoweredness, but nobody implemented a more balanced system to replace it.
No, he means Domination. Contrary to most beliefs, first person shooters had already established themselves as a genre before TF2.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back